$2,700 for children to ask hillary a question

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Yall have to wonder why donald is winning in the polls? Because of stuff like this,

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/04/us/politics/hillary-clinton-fundraising.html?_r=1

For a donation of $2,700, the children (under 16) of donors at an event last month at the Sag Harbor, N.Y., estate of the hedge fund magnate Adam Sender could ask Mrs. Clinton a question. A family photo with Mrs. Clinton cost $10,000, according to attendees.

$2,700 for a question? I doubt the nation could afford to have her as president. How would would she charge to do a state of the union to the whole nation?

At a press conference is she going to take cash, or maybe have a debit card machine at the entrance?

How much will she charge to fly to another nation and represent us in trade talks?

Donald is not winning in the polls. Posting of misinformation is against the P&N rules. -Admin DrPizza

Last edited by a moderator:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Donald is winning in the polls?

CNN, dailycaller, reuters, breitbart,,,, all put donald in the lead.

Why would anyone be surprised? Hillary has not fielded questions from the press in 9 months.

During the recent flooding hillary disappeared.

1. No thread-crapping, thread-derailment, off-topic posting, trolling, the intentional posting of logical fallacies or misinformation. See post # 23 for your reality check.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yall have to wonder why donald is winning in the polls? Because of stuff like this,

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/04/us/politics/hillary-clinton-fundraising.html?_r=1

$2,700 for a question? I doubt the nation could afford to have her as president. How would would she charge to do a state of the union to the whole nation?

At a press conference is she going to take cash, or maybe have a debit card machine at the entrance?

How much will she charge to fly to another nation and represent us in trade talks?

She's a fund raising machine, huh? At the level of wealth present, giving the kids the chance to ask the future president a question, a real treat, the price was comparable to middle class parents buying their kid a corn dog at the State Fair. I'm sure it'll be a lot more memorable, as well. Oh, and they were there to give her the money anyway.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Donald is winning in the polls?
I wouldnt say he is winning but somehow he is starting to surge. While Clinton continues to hide from the press out of fear she might fumble a question, Trump is out there setting a narrative. His Mexico trip didnt accomplish much of anything, but his Detroit trip is getting some notice and positive press.

The Donald that spoke in Detroit didnt seem so scary, and I dare say he sounded somewhat Presidential and genuine

Reactions: OutHouse

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
I'm glad he has a new campaign manager. She's doing what SHOULD! have been done months ago! Only time will tell if it's too late now that we have, what? <70 days till the election?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I wouldnt say he is winning but somehow he is starting to surge. While Clinton continues to hide from the press out of fear she might fumble a question, Trump is out there setting a narrative. His Mexico trip didnt accomplish much of anything, but his Detroit trip is getting some notice and positive press.

The Donald that spoke in Detroit didnt seem so scary, and I dare say he sounded somewhat Presidential and genuine

I'm sure that a lot of people will give Donald every chance to redeem himself which will only happen if they can forget all the stupid, hateful & divisive shit he's said so far, forget who they're marching with as well. His Detroit audience won't forget it, and neither will most of America.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
. His Detroit audience won't forget it, and neither will most of America.

In other words those people will vote for donald.

Give it up, shillary is done for.

While donald is out meeting with people, shillary is hiding from the press and the public.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

While donald is out meeting with people, shillary is hiding from the press and the public.

It's funny that the guy down four points in the polls is declaring victory. lol.

Feb 16, 2005

yea, ok. whatever you want to believe. He is up to a 30% chance to win. Markedly better than 5% a few weeks back.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
yea, ok. whatever you want to believe. He is up to a 30% chance to win. Markedly better than 5% a few weeks back.

While donald is visiting a black church, visiting mexico, visiting flood victims, shillary is charging for children to ask her a question.

Could she sink any lower?

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
As usual an important issue is sidetracked because it was presented wrong, this has nothing to do with it being a private fundraiser but rather who the attendees are and they sure don't look like middle class paycheck to paycheck America that helped fund Bernie with small donations.

At a private fund-raiser Tuesday night at a waterfront Hamptons estate, Hillary Clinton danced alongside Jimmy Buffett, Jon Bon Jovi and Paul McCartney, and joined in a singalong finale to “Hey Jude.”

“I stand between you and the apocalypse,” a confident Mrs. Clinton declared to laughs, exhibiting a flash of self-awareness and humor to a crowd that included Calvin Klein and Harvey Weinstein and for whom the prospect of a Donald J. Trump presidency is dire.

Mr. Trump has pointed to Mrs. Clinton’s noticeably scant schedule of campaign events this summer to suggest she has been hiding from the public. But Mrs. Clinton has been more than accessible to those who reside in some of the country’s most moneyed enclaves and are willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to see her. In the last two weeks of August, Mrs. Clinton raked in roughly $50 million at 22 fund-raising events, averaging around $150,000 an hour, according to a New York Times tally.

And while Mrs. Clinton has faced criticism for her failure to hold a news conference for months, she has fielded hundreds of questions from the ultrarich in places like the Hamptons, Martha’s Vineyard, Beverly Hills and Silicon Valley.

“It’s the old adage, you go to where the money is,” said Jay S. Jacobs, a prominent New York Democrat.

Mrs. Clinton raised about $143 million in August, the campaign’s best month yet. At a single event on Tuesday in Sagaponack, N.Y., 10 people paid at least $250,000 to meet her, raising $2.5 million.

To businessmen who complain to Mrs. Clinton that President Obama has been unfriendly to their interests, she says she would approach business leaders more like Mr. Clinton did during his administration, which was widely considered amicable to the private sector.

When financiers complain about the regulations implemented by the Dodd-Frank financial overhaul, Mrs. Clinton reaffirms her support for strong Wall Street regulation, but adds that she is open to listening to anyone’s ideas and at times notes that she represented the banking industry as a senator.

The wealthy contributors who host Mrs. Clinton often complain about her opposition to the Trans-Pacific Partnership and express concerns that Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont pushed her to the left on trade and other issues. Mrs. Clinton reminds them she has both opposed and supported trade deals in the past.

And, as she noted at an event last month on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, Mrs. Clinton points out that she worked cooperatively with Republicans when she served in the Senate and would do so as president.

No matter what you think of Trump, you would have to be a delusional fool drunk on the Democrat Koolaid to believe Hillary is the candidate that has the interests of main street America as opposed to the ultra rich Wall Street types.

You dopey democrats are voting for Republican light "Mrs for and against the TPP" pretending to be something else just to get votes from the "little people", but at least she isn't Trump, right?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I'm sure that a lot of people will give Donald every chance to redeem himself which will only happen if they can forget all the stupid, hateful & divisive shit he's said so far, forget who they're marching with as well. His Detroit audience won't forget it, and neither will most of America.
The media and America love a horse race. I was expecting Trump to pivot sooner from absurd to pallatable. The only reason Clinton is in the lead is because swing voters perceive Trump as dangerous. If he changes that perception, Clinton could be in trouble. For those of us who grew up in NY listening to Howard Stern, we know a different Trump...one that can be charming, assertive and I would go so far as to say oddly appealing.

Racism is a lazy way to frame Trump. Exploitative is a better word. I think the demographics that like Trump will find President Trump disappointing.

I don't find his calls for a wall with Mexico any more absurd then when Democrats call for amnesty. They are simply polar opposites of the same problem, pandering to different voting blocks.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
CNN, dailycaller, reuters, breitbart,,,, all put donald in the lead.

CNN/ORC Clinton 45% Trump 37%
CNN poll of polls Clinton 42% Trump 37%
According to dailycaller, Clinton 42% Trump 40%
Breitbart has no poll that I can find, they only quote Reuters
Reuters says Clinton 39% Trump 40%

You got 1 out of 5 right. .

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
So, what does a child have to do to pony up to ask Trump a question? Become a contestant on The Apprentice? Sing songs for him at various rallies and have to sue for not receiving an agreed upon payment? Inquiring minds want to know*...

*Disclaimer: Inquiring minds do not really want to know as the entire premise of this thread is a disorganized stack of bovine output.