2.6C -> whats a *realistic* stable O/C using Stock Intlel H/S/Fan (w) AS3 applied ?

BEIF

Jul 6, 2002
Looking to get a 2.6C in the next few days - it will be going in my P4P800.

I am *HOPING* to run it [ long-term-stable ] at 247mhz fsb to acheive 3.2gig with the CPU voltage as close to stock as possible.

In terms of cooling, my case has a couple of good fans and I will be using the Stock Intel H/S Fan combo with the thermal pad removed and AS3 applied.

So ..... given the above, is this a pretty realistic expectation ?

*** OR***

Is it more likely to top-out [ long-term-stable ] at around the 230mhz <-> 235mhz mark ?

Benny [BEIF] Ifin

RedDog75

Sep 5, 2003
Good choice in CPU! That's what I have, and I am happily stable at 3260 at 250Mhz FSB. Of course, the only problem I have so far is that I had to use the 4:5 ratio in order to get my DRAM to work - this means I've lost GAT on my IS7 (basically equivalent to PAT). So, it is kind of a win/lose situation. But either way, to answer your question: yes it is in fact a very realistic expectation! I didn't have to even mess with voltages at all! ... I love ABIT... :)

Of course, as you probably know, all CPUs are not created equal. Just because I'm at 3.26Ghz doesn't mean you'll get there no prob. I am also using stock HSF, two intakes and two exhaust (plus PSU fan). My temps are 40C CPU, 32C PWM, 30C System (of course, this is on an ABIT board and ABIT boards tend to post temps 7-10 degrees higher, but who knows!)

Good luck to you!

stardust

Golden Member
May 17, 2003
265fsb @ 1.6V on Asus P4P800 @ 5:4 is my max OC on the 2.6C. Surprisingly, my computer runs faster with 250fsb and 1:1 (DDR500) settings. I guess memory does matter alot.

lifeguard1999

Platinum Member
Jul 3, 2000
The avg o/c in the overclockers.com database gives 3.4 GHz for a 2.6C Pentium 4. Three motherboards in there are identical to yours. Not counting the Prometia cooling (the top 2 entries, which are really the same
CPU apparantly), that just leaves one entry. That entry achieved a 3.2 GHz, but used a Thermalright SLK-900U w/ 92mm Panaflo L1A. In short, you may need to upgrade your HSF unit.

FPSguy

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2001
Originally posted by: lifeguard1999
The avg o/c in the overclockers.com database gives 3.4 GHz for a 2.6C Pentium 4. Three motherboards in there are identical to yours. Not counting the Prometia cooling (the top 2 entries, which are really the same CPU apparantly), that just leaves one entry. That entry achieved a 3.2 GHz, but used a Thermalright SLK-900U w/ 92mm Panaflo L1A. In short, you may need to upgrade your HSF unit.
In contrast, 5 people with a P4P800, a P4 2.4C, and stock cooling hit 3.2GHz or above.

Duvie

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
You have a top of the line board capable of much higher fsb so the chip and the state of your ram is the only question mark. I think the 2.6c will do 3.2ghz whether or not it is at default vcore may be not as certain but still likely.

Many of the week21 or later chips are doing 3.4ghz as mentioned so Good luck!!!