2.4B HSF on a 2.4C: will it work?

Kartajan

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2001
Basically, I have a retail HSF off of a 2.4B lying around. Planning to get a 2.4C for a near future upgrade. Do the "C"'s run hotter or cooler than the "B"'s?

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002
Why not spend the extra $10 and get a retail that come with the HSF and a 3 year warranty? My 2.4C does run about 5C hotter than my 2.26B.

Kartajan

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2001
3 year warranty: I think that I void my warranty as soon as I overclock the thing. (about a week)
Retail HSF: I bought a retail cpu for a friend of mine, but I couldn't use it due to the SFF case. Now I have a retail P4 2.4B HSF sitting on my desk, staring at me. I hate to throw perfectly useful things away...

orion7144

Diamond Member
Oct 8, 2002
You could sell that one... Alot of times people sell their CPU w/o HSF and then someone may need it for warranty. The warranty requires you to send the Retail HSF with the CPU for an RMA. You may void the warranty in your eyes but ;) ;) no one will ever know.

Originally posted by: Kartajan
3 year warranty: I think that I void my warranty as soon as I overclock the thing. (about a week)
Retail HSF: I bought a retail cpu for a friend of mine, but I couldn't use it due to the SFF case. Now I have a retail P4 2.4B HSF sitting on my desk, staring at me. I hate to throw perfectly useful things away...