1and1 hosting

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
according to what i;'v eheard, they oversell out the yingangdoodle and their control panel sucks.

I used to use them so the bit about the control panel is based on my experience.
Its' "easy to use " functionality really end up confusign the hell out of me and simple stuff liek adding a subdomai ntakes forever:(

eminemrh25

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2005
They suck, never register. I had my domain registered there, and to transfer it, I had to print and sign as much paperwork as a divorce would...

ezkim0x

Nov 25, 2004
did their servers go down a lot when you were using them?

or was your site up most of the time.

SparkedFire

Feb 29, 2004
I havn't had any problems with them in the last year. It's the only webhost me and my mom use. We started using it when they first came out because it was free. I now pay 9.99 for my hosting and get a load of stuff. I don't use any of the templates and things like that so I'm not sure how that is. Email is good also. Instant emails without delay. I think they are great. It just depends on how much you understand the features you buy. It may not be 100% user friendly, but you get a lot of options for the more advanced people.

PrimoTurbo

Mar 4, 2006
Stay away from them, I had a really bad experience canceling with them. They force you to fax crap to cancel with them, they also auto renew all your crap and charge you automatically.

ezkim0x

Nov 25, 2004
well, I have my domains registered through godaddy, so I'm not worried about that.

as far as canceling, it's not going to be an every month thing or whatever.. so I'm fine with that, they can't be any worse then canceling for AOL.

one thing I don't like is the amount of domains that you can have per account, which is kind of weird considering other hosting companies with that much space/bandwidth normally allow unlimited domains.

anyways, if you don't like 1and1.. what would you suggest?

bleeb

Lifer
Feb 3, 2000
I registered my domain name from somewhere else and am currently hosting there.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
they aren't bad...they are jsut the bastard child of internet hosting conglomerates and Brazil-ish bureaucracy

thehstrybean

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 2004
All I know is that they have 6 or so page ads in MaximumPC, and it pisses me off when I'm reading an article...

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: thehstrybean
All I know is that they have 6 or so page ads in MaximumPC, and it pisses me off when I'm reading an article...

seriously, was it eweek or networld world..anyways, they had liek a 30page ad...it was overwhelming to say the least...