1997 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro or 2001 Honda Accord Coupe LX?

Hyudra

Jan 16, 2001
I'm getting a car soon, and let's put costs aside, because I do have money, and will be slaving away all summer to pay for the car.

I've decided either the 1997 Audi Quattro (less then $13,000 in ads) or Honda Accord Coupe ($17,000) as you see from the message title.

Audi Quattro Pros:
1. 4 Wheel Drive
2. High Class
3. Turbo
4. Cheaper
5. Can I SCCA prorally with this? Thats pretty much why I want this car.
6. Faster?
7. Has 4 doors for friends

Honda Accord Coupe Pros:
1. Look very nice
2. Very moddable to look even nicer
3. New
4. I can SCCA Solo I or II
5. Use Regular Fuel
6. Lasts longer ?

That's all I can think up about each car, but you get the point.
Which one would be more fun to drive, and would the insurance for the Audi be a lot?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
You're kidding right? I'd take the Audi without hesitation. Its going to cost you a bit more and warranty is on its last legs etc. but, damn its an audi vs. an accord.

Oh on second thoughts the audi is cheaper so you may be ok even in the long run considering most costly repairs on audi (though I don't see a '97 killing you). Insurance will be higher but depending on your age shouldn't be too brutal. Check with insurance agent first! I'd really get the audi though. Its way way funkier.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
You get to actually race SCCA in a fair class with those things..

Not me.. If I don't slap on a Carb I'm considered modified and have to race Open Wheel cars and all that rediculous crap. :|

Beethoven

Oct 10, 1999
How about a Subaru Impreza WRX?? 227 HP, 2.0L turbo, AWD. :D

I just picked up a '98 Impreza 2.5 RS this week, kick-ars car! :D:D:D

Hyudra

Jan 16, 2001
ohh, I was thinking subaru, but why subaru when I can get better, and regret I ever got a subaru in the first place. I'm really leaning towards the audi since I can prorally with it, after I get my racing licence tho, I have no time to get it :(

Mister T

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
Is getting a 98/99 A4 an option? I guess it depends how long you plan to keep it...

I would go with the A4 though... Engine is dope and so is the quattro.

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000

<< Maybe 1998 if it's cheap enough. How long do Audi's last anyways? >>

Honda definantly has a sweet record.. German cars have a record of expensive parts for sure.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
Definitly go for the A4, it's really a fun car to drive (and classy too)!