1987 Toyota Camry LE for my immature sister.

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
My sister got a new job (finally) last April and has actually kept it and looks like she will be making a career there (hopefully). Problem is she still lives at home and drives my moms car to work (her work is about an hour drive away) so my mom has no car throughout the day. My mom takes my car and that leaves me without my car for the day. My mom's told her numerous times to buy a car, but my sister never saves (she makes about 3k a month, doesnt pay rent, doesnt pay for food, doesnt pay insurance and yet only has $300 in her account, where she spends her money I dont know, and frankly I dont care, its her money - BUT SHE NEEDS HER OWN CAR). So I have taken it upon myself to find her a cheap and reliable car for a beater. So I found s 1987 Camry with a newer engine swapped in with about 66,000 kms on it (new waterpump, timing belt, starter, and alternator also installed during the swap). They are asking $400 which I think is very reasonable. Only thing it needs now is a gas tank which is roughly $100 + install so perhaps $130 altogether.

So Im trying to make her buy this, problem is that my sister is a b*tch and is like shes not gonna drive that pos. So right now as it stands, my moms saying I cannot take my car back with me to school in september which will leave me car less (and for those of you wondering I pay for my insurance and gas and everythign when Im at school, when home my mom pays for inruance I pay for my own gas and maintenance).

So frustrating I need my car, shes an idiot who cannot save so I might get stuck without a car this next school year. Ive gotta somehow make her buy this camry and make her see that if she can save within 6 months can she buy a much "better" car. BAH shes a b*tch where the hell does she waste her money (and TRUST ME she isnt saving a penny)

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Who paid for your car?

If it wasn't you, looks like you should throw down the $400 for the Camry.

As much as it sucks, if your parents paid for it, they decide who will use it and how it is used.

mwmorph

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2004
Is the car under your name? Legally, you could just drive it away come the start of school...

3k a month, thats a lot. Whered you get the $130 install+parts fee from though? $100 for parts is probably closer to $200 installed. Let her know, if she dosent become more fiscally responsible, she wont have a car. Try to work out a budget or something for her and get your parents to uphold it with punishments liek not being able ot just take your moms car if she cannot become fiscally responsible. You have to get your parents involved in helping you sister. I'm not sure what is going on in the family and why they are practicing such severe favoritism.

You did pay for the car that you drive right and your sister paid for zippy of the car she drives so whats going on in this family situation?

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
Originally posted by: BigJ
Who paid for your car?

As much as it sucks, if your parents paid for it, they decide who will use it and how it is used.

I paid my mom for my saturn last year (it used to be her car) and its under my name officially, registration and insurance, but when Im home I let my mom/younger sister use it. The thing is with my mom is that she's a HUGE pushover for my older sister, and lets her do anything at the expense of others (namely me). also I doubt my sister will let me make her a finance plan she'll just tell me to f-off

Juno

Lifer
Jul 3, 2004
Originally posted by: BullyCanadian
Who paid for your car?

I paid my mom for my saturn last year

so, is it now under your name?

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Who paid for your car?

So you paid for the car in it's entirety?

Is it under your name? If it is, then legally you can do whatever you want with it. Be advised though, that could create huge tension in the household.

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
Who paid for your car?

So you paid for the car in it's entirety?

Is it under your name? If it is, then legally you can do whatever you want with it. Be advised though, that could create huge tension in the household.

Yup under my name registration and insurance, go up to that post I added some more info in it. I dont think I will take the car with me if my mom asks me not too namely cause my sister is such a b****

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Who paid for your car?

I paid my mom for my saturn last year (it used to be her car) and its under my name officially, registration and insurance, but when Im home I let my mom/younger sister use it. The thing is with my mom is that she's a HUGE pushover for my older sister, and lets her do anything at the expense of others (namely me). also I doubt my sister will let me make her a finance plan she'll just tell me to f-off

If its your car, again, the solution is to drive it away come school time, also, flip your sister the bird as you zoom out the driveway. Shouldn't be your job to cater to her laziness and procrastination.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
Who paid for your car?

If its your car, again, the solution is to drive it away come school time, also, flip your sister the bird as you zoom out the driveway. Shouldn't be your job to cater to her laziness and procrastination.

As fvcked up as it is, the mother could definitely hold it against him and ruin the relationship that he has with the family. That's why this is such a delicate situation.

BullyCanadian

Platinum Member
May 4, 2003
Originally posted by: mrSHEiK124
Who paid for your car?

As fvcked up as it is, the mother could definitely hold it against him and ruin the relationship that he has with the family. That's why this is such a delicate situation.

Thats it, she will hold it against me if I go with the car and she asked me to leave it

MulLa

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2000
Take your mom's car and leave yours. She never said anything about leaving "her" car ;)

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Call me crazy but maybe talk to your mother about this and comunicate with her that this is bs and you found a car for $400. Maybe mom will see your delema and buy the cheap ass car for your sister and tell her sh has to drive it?