19% of Federal Employees make over $100,000 /yr (not including overtime)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
I assume these employees are union members? If so, they should all get fired and we should hire cheaper non-union workers. Too long has the American taxpayer been raped by sky high union salaries.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I assume these employees are union members? If so, they should all get fired and we should hire cheaper non-union workers. Too long has the American taxpayer been raped by sky high union salaries.
LOL A Union member impregnate your wife and run off with her??:awe:

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000

The low paying jobs are union the higher up Pro/MGT ones are usually not allowed to join the union. I am not allowed to join due to my job function and I am only a GS11 and started out as a 7.

Nice try at the "unions are all evil cause of all our problems..." post.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
This is just the natural progression of establishing our mandarin class. As government takes more and more control of our lives, it's only natural that they earn much more money as well. If we are not smart enough to run our own lives, we can hardly expect to earn as much as those who are smart enough to run their own lives as ours too, right?

Lakedaimon

Jan 29, 2009
At my job all management (usually GS-13+)is non-union. The regular peons have a union, but cannot go on strike (legally anyways). Being in the union is not mandatory.

Generally the union works pretty well alongside management. However you occasionally have managers who try to make arbitrary and ridiculous changes. One wanted a dress code where all women had to wear skirts & pantyhose. This is where the union steps in.

We've had one case where an employee got into a fairly serious situation involving the police. The union actually didnt want the person back afterwards, but management has kept the person around. Go figure.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
At my job all management (usually GS-13+)is non-union. The regular peons have a union, but cannot go on strike (legally anyways). Being in the union is not mandatory.

Generally the union works pretty well alongside management. However you occasionally have managers who try to make arbitrary and ridiculous changes. One wanted a dress code where all women had to wear skirts & pantyhose. This is where the union steps in.

We've had one case where an employee got into a fairly serious situation involving the police. The union actually didnt want the person back afterwards, but management has kept the person around. Go figure.

Actually that seems to be a pretty benign union to me, as the employees already have good-paying, generally not difficult jobs with excellent job security and benefits and good raises and therefore don't need to strike. Bringing bullshit like that to the attention of higher-ups is usually sufficient without a strike. As far as keeping undesirable people employed, as long as you don't start preaching to your coworkers you're unlikely to lose a government job anyway.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
This is just the natural progression of establishing our mandarin class. As government takes more and more control of our lives, it's only natural that they earn much more money as well. If we are not smart enough to run our own lives, we can hardly expect to earn as much as those who are smart enough to run their own lives as ours too, right?

What kind of communist crap is that? It must be totally impossible that some people make more money because they have more valuable skills. Nope, it's definitely because of some massive conspiracy of the overclass against the hard-working normal folk.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If you should someday successfully complete high school and enter the work force you might find that unions can be helpful and useful to you.