180GB Intel 330 SSD SATAIII $70 rebate good thru 6/24/12

Tates

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 25, 2000
Amazon.com has the 180GB Intel 330 Series Maple Crest 2.5" SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD (SSDSC2CT180A3K5) for $183.99 - $70 rebate = $113.99 with free shipping

Amazon updated the price - YMMV

Last edited:

KillerBee

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2010
fyi
Today (6/24/2012 ) is the last day to purchase and qualify for rebate ...

Purchase a qualified product listed on this form between dates
6/10/2012 and 6/24/2012

jlin101

Feb 12, 2005
Amazon.com has the 180GB Intel 330 Series Maple Crest 2.5" SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD (SSDSC2CT180A3K5) for $183.99 - $70 rebate = $113.99 with free shipping

where are you seeing this price--your link shows $201.82 - 70 rebate?

jlin101

Feb 12, 2005
fyi
Today (6/24/2012 ) is the last day to purchase and qualify for rebate ...

Purchase a qualified product listed on this form between dates
6/10/2012 and 6/24/2012

not to worry, Intel has been pushing 330/520 SSD's very aggressively in the last 2 months. There've been rebate after rebate, each one larger than the one before. I'm sure another one will follow shortly. BTW, I've gotten all my Intel rebate cards in less than 30 days.

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
I see 201 too for the amazon price, but two third-party amazon sellers (unbeatable! And richardhokie) have it for 184 plus 5 s&h - 70 rebate = 119 shipped.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Looks like Amazon updated the sale price

Amazon is terribly bad about bumping the price on items that are clicked on often (hot deals). I despise them for that practice. Stupid price bot.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
I've been watching this drive to see if it would drop more the last few days saw this post and hoped it was true. Maybe a little later it'll drop back down.

jlin101

Feb 12, 2005
the rebate requires that the item be purchased at Amazon/NE/TD/NCIX, etc; whether purchases from 3rd party sellers through the above vendors qualify or not is anyone's guess. Maybe someone should call Intel Rebate Ctr and get that clarified.

bleucharm28

Sep 27, 2008
I just got my rebate of $60 from last purchase. Just FYI, the rebate is not a check. It comes in a credit card format and you cannot withdraw cash like a check. Pretty lame if you ask me. I prefer a check like most other company's when it comes to rebate.

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
I just got my rebate of $60 from last purchase. Just FYI, the rebate is not a check. It comes in a credit card format and you cannot withdraw cash like a check. Pretty lame if you ask me. I prefer a check like most other company's when it comes to rebate.

If it's like the last 4 Intel rebates I've received, it's an American Express gift card. Like cash, but better imo since you won't have to carry around the change if you use less than all of it in one place.

jlin101

Feb 12, 2005

gift cards have become the dominant form of rebates these days--it's a great way for them to reap money back from the consumers, because 1) you can't deposit the whole amount at once; 2) Visa/Amex get 3% back on your purchases (I would not be surprised if the rebate houses get part of that in return); 3) starting six months after the card issuance date, there's a $3 monthly service charge; 4) since you can't charge an amount greater than what's on the card, most people probably have fund left over on the card, which eventually gets deducted for the service charges. I am a rebate-holic and penny pincher--I write the remaining balance on the back and use up every penny ("sir/miss, i got $3.21 on card 1, $20 on card 2, $5.77 on card 3, etc). What a pain! BTW, if you bother to read the fine prints, some card company allow you to request a check right after you receive the new/unused gift card, but obviously you'd have to wait for it in the mail, again.

cytoSiN

Platinum Member
Jul 11, 2002
the rebate requires that the item be purchased at Amazon/NE/TD/NCIX, etc; whether purchases from 3rd party sellers through the above vendors qualify or not is anyone's guess. Maybe someone should call Intel Rebate Ctr and get that clarified.

Wish I had thought of this before the weekend...since today is the last day, can't wait until tomorrow to call them and find out (they're closed today). FWIW, Amazon has no clue on this stuff and refuses (understandably) to provide any info, instead directing callers to the company offering the rebate.

gift cards have become the dominant form of rebates these days--it's a great way for them to reap money back from the consumers, because 1) you can't deposit the whole amount at once; 2) Visa/Amex get 3% back on your purchases (I would not be surprised if the rebate houses get part of that in return); 3) starting six months after the card issuance date, there's a $3 monthly service charge; 4) since you can't charge an amount greater than what's on the card, most people probably have fund left over on the card, which eventually gets deducted for the service charges. I am a rebate-holic and penny pincher--I write the remaining balance on the back and use up every penny ("sir/miss, i got $3.21 on card 1, $20 on card 2, $5.77 on card 3, etc). What a pain! BTW, if you bother to read the fine prints, some card company allow you to request a check right after you receive the new/unused gift card, but obviously you'd have to wait for it in the mail, again.

To make things a little easier, I try to spend it all at once by purchasing something more than the value on the card and paying for the rest of my purchase on an actual credit card. That way, you can toss the gift card, avoid service charges, and if you ever return whatever you bought, they'll refund the full amount to the credit card that you used (obviously I can't confirm that every retailer will do this, but so far I've had to return things at JCrew and Target and it worked both times, no issues).

philipma1957

Golden Member
Jan 8, 2012
the rebate may only work with amazon the reason is you can scan the label with all info including the serial number and use that to get your money. there is a strong chance that the lowball sellers are selling drives that they got rebates for by scanning the info . I got 2 sets of rebates via scanning I have 4 ssds with full labels if I sell them on amazon I would think intel would not give a rebate on them.

jlin101

Feb 12, 2005
the rebate may only work with amazon the reason is you can scan the label with all info including the serial number and use that to get your money. there is a strong chance that the lowball sellers are selling drives that they got rebates for by scanning the info . I got 2 sets of rebates via scanning I have 4 ssds with full labels if I sell them on amazon I would think intel would not give a rebate on them.

That's actually unlikely, because the rebate specifically forbids application by vendors/sellers. In the event that a vendor decides to take the plunge, apply for the rebate and then sell it on Amazon, he would have to come up with a different address for every two SSD's. Providing that he gets the rebate approved, he would end up with a stack of gift cards he has to use in 6 months. Not a very efficient way of doing business.

On the other hand, I doubt that Intel, or at least the rebate center, keeps track which batch/serial numbers were sold to Amazon/NE/TD/NCIX/etc. IMO they only verify to see if a certain serial number has already been "rebated;" as far as where the drive was sold from, they rely on the receipt. It doesn't take a lot of effort to make the third party's name disppear from Amazon's invoice.

Keep in mind, the whole purpose of rebate is for Intel to sell as many SSD's to consumers as possible to dominate the market. The rebate money is really just pocket change for Intel. I doubt that they scrutinize every rebate application and piss off a consumer just because the drive had been sold through Amazon marketplace, just to save a few bucks.