18 States Identified as Red Zones for Covid-19

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

The "red zone" is defined in the 359-page report as "those core-based statistical areas (CBSAs) and counties that during the last week reported both new cases above 100 per 100,000 population, and a diagnostic test positivity result above 10%."

The following 18 states are in the red zone for cases: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.

Very glad I now live in MD. Our daily positive rate has been around 4.5%, give or take

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

The following 18 states are in the red zone for cases: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Utah.

Very glad I now live in MD. Our daily positive rate has been around 4.5%, give or take
MD might not have any meat packing plants. I would be surprised though if they did not have chicken processing plants though. Perdue started there I think. Very suppressed reporting of cases by design from the Trump crony capitalism department for meat packing plants. They are big hot spots.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
So...was this report ever supposed to see the light of day? I may be reading into this, but it almost sounds like someone leaked it to the press after someone else decided to bury it.

I would say North Carolina hasn't been too bad--we've held at Phase 2, delayed Phase 3 opening and municipalities have already "rolled back" in some instances and also passed mask ordinances. I know here in Durham we were actually trending downward, but over the past 7 days we've seen a spike statewide that I assume is tied to Fourth of July.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
MD might not have any meat packing plants. I would be surprised though if they did not have chicken processing plants though. Perdue started there I think. Very suppressed reporting of cases by design from the Trump crony capitalism department for meat packing plants. They are big hot spots.
MD has a ton of food processing plants on the Eastern Shore--chicken and pork along with seafood and vegetables.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
So...was this report ever supposed to see the light of day? I may be reading into this, but it almost sounds like someone leaked it to the press after someone else decided to bury it.

I would say North Carolina hasn't been too bad--we've held at Phase 2, delayed Phase 3 opening and municipalities have already "rolled back" in some instances and also passed mask ordinances. I know here in Durham we were actually trending downward, but over the past 7 days we've seen a spike statewide that I assume is tied to Fourth of July.

That would be my guess as well. Can't make the boss look bad.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Trump’s war on data is designed to remove accountability. Authoritarian regimes try to erase truth so that they become the source of what the people hear, read and see.

This type of stuff is worse than the Nixon era – way, way worse. Not because Nixon himself didn’t have those tendencies, but the difference is that Republicans during his time did not enable him.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

It wasn’t supposed to be made public. Someone leaked it. Just like someone leaked the report about the extremely high risks associated with reopening schools. The Trump admin are traitorous bastards.The leakers need to keep leaking to get these fools out of office. All Trump hires and appointees need to be purged in Jan.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Trump’s war on data is designed to remove accountability. Authoritarian regimes try to erase truth so that they become the source of what the people hear, read and see.

This type of stuff is worse than the Nixon era – way, way worse. Not because Nixon himself didn’t have those tendencies, but the difference is that Republicans during his time did not enable him.
He's doing what he's blaming China for...suppressing data, etc. He's so transparent.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Feb 4, 2009
Probably deep state traitors like Col. Vindman releasing data. /s

and Hillary because Hillary.

I’m amazed at what the deplorables think Hillary can get done even though she hasn’t held a Gov position in like 8 years.
I’m amazed deplorables have no answer as to why 3 plus years in the President still has not been able to purge these Hillary plants.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Here in AZ we're at 14.4% with PCR Tests and 4% with Serology tests. We're doing approximately 18-20,000 tests per day.