18 Depressing Photos That Show Why Nobody Wants To Shop At Sears

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Svnla, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Insomniator

Insomniator Diamond Member

Kmart looks the same way. We go there just for a good laugh. Store is dark, dirty, empty, outdated. Depressing place really. Even Walmart is a huge step up in every way.

Targets generally make both look terrible in comparison.

2. GTaudiophile

GTaudiophile Lifer

Articles. Stores. Yahoo. Sears.

Seems like everything in this country this these days is done by idiots who take no pride in doing anything with class because they feel that society owes them something...like a 6-figure salary, a BMW, and a McMansion, etc.

3. IronWing

IronWing Lifer

Kmart had glory days? o_O

4. Meghan54

Meghan54 Diamond Member

And you know that's utter bullshit.

True, a lot of their power tools are Chinese made, but so are most power tools from everyone else. Their hand tools.....still US made.

Care to show me the Made In China stamps on their hand wrenches, sockets, etc.? Pics would be great.

Then I'll show you pics of Made In US on every darned Craftsman hand tool we've gotten from Sears, even within the last year.

Guess Sears must be paying someone off to lie like that, eh?

5. Triumph

Triumph Lifer

Uhh...no bud. All over the web on car and tool forums. Do a simple google search. Seen it myself in the store just two weeks ago when I had to replace a broken allen socket. Lots of mixture of new chinese stuff and old USA stuff. Eventually all the USA new old stock will be gone and you'll only have a Chinese option when you go in for a warranty return.

6. PottedMeat

PottedMeat Lifer

new craftsman taps are made in china now, i go to their discount section to pick up their old us made ones

7. lxskllr

lxskllr Lifer

if you have the time, flea markets, yard sales, and pawn shops are great places to get American made tools. It's cheaper, and environmental since it's 100% post consumer recycled content.

8. evident

evident Lifer

I agree that sears is depressing, but most of my hand tools have been purchased exclusively at sears (thanks slickdeals) and within the last two years and they are all made in USA. jack stands, toolbox, power drill? all made in china though.

9. chitwood

chitwood Golden Member

that was soooooooooooo bad, hahahaha

10. Sho'Nuff

Sho'Nuff Diamond Member

11. Sonikku

Sonikku Lifer

When a business is struggling there are two options. You make a bigger effort and spend more money to breath new life into it, or you cut costs and make it even shittier with the hopes that sales stay the same and profit margins fatten just enough to carve out a meager survival until death.

Sears, like so many others, chooses the latter.

12. Train

Train Lifer

Sears near me beat any of the other big box stores in both price and selection when buying a new TV.

13. monkeydelmagico

monkeydelmagico Diamond Member

Was in sears a couple weeks ago picking up a specific socket. Seems just like any other department store.

14. lxskllr

lxskllr Lifer

I haven't bought anything from Sears since the early 90s. I suppose that says something in and of itself.

15. KeithTalent

KeithTalent Administrator<br>Elite Member<br>Lifer
    Administrator

They just closed the big Sears store here, but it was always clean and organized when I went in there over the years. We are getting a Nordstrom in there or something.

KT

16. Pacfanweb

Pacfanweb Lifer

Sears near here in the mall is clean and nice.

17. slag

slag Diamond Member

Walmart is better. There are very few things I can get at Sears that I cant get and get cheaper at Walmart.

Craftsman tools? They are made overseas. I can get Stanley which are arguably better quality than craftsman tools at walmart. I used to shop at Sears for appliances and still do, but I can order those on the web now and get free shipping to my home. Our local sears closed down and we got a sears home store. Smaller, less items.. blech, no thanks.

18. slag

slag Diamond Member

Coolant traditionally isn't one of those fluids in a car that is consumed. If it is low, it is going somewhere and that somewhere should be found.

19. Fritzo

Fritzo Lifer

The Sears near my work is actually pretty decent, but there are two others around the area that are exactly like this. Empty shelves and bare spaces give the impression of "the store is struggling and going under."

Sears tends to have excellent deals on big ticket electronics, appliances, and I still love their tools and lawn equipment. Clothes however....meh.

20. Fritzo

Fritzo Lifer

In the 70's, KMart was what Target is today. It was THE place to shop.

One of the biggest treats as a kid was being able to eat in the KMart cafeteria :D I can still taste the turkey and mashed potatoes!

21. Fritzo

Fritzo Lifer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craftsman_(tools)

22. Evadman

Evadman Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member

Source

23. rsutoratosu

rsutoratosu Platinum Member

I bought some tools for my friend, did online purchase and store pickup.. took over 30 min to pick up a set of wrenches... i never went back again..

24. Train

Train Lifer

Oh shit, kmart cafeteria. Fuckin takin back, man.

And the stupid blue light attached to some push cart contraption. I remember my mom avoided the blue light like the plague. Whatever section of the store it was in, we didn't go there that day.

25. Nintendesert

Nintendesert Diamond Member

You're what's wrong with the internet. Some of us actually shop at Sears and only buy American made tools. We're wrong though because you read it on Wiki or on a forum somewhere.

:whiste: