1700 private jets were flown to a conference discussing climate change

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
OP.

I know OP thinks it was a main topic, because he described the annual economic conference as, and I quote:

"a conference discussing climate change".

Additionally, many idiot conservatives to borrow your language, have said that this conference was about climate change. I know this because they said so right in their comments.

Your delusional reality doesn't exist. Stop inventing it.

His CBD prevents him from recognizing the delusion.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
OP.

I know OP thinks it was a main topic, because he described the annual economic conference as, and I quote:

Additionally, many idiot conservatives to borrow your language, have said that this conference was about climate change. I know this because they said so right in their comments.

So now you know what I think?

Even though no where in the OP does it say what you say it says?

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Obviously the cure for climate change is to just say you are going to an economic conference...that way, liberals won't give two shits how you got there...

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
I think what marincounty is trying to explain is that wealthy people DO in fact deserve their wealth. They're richer and smarter than everyone else, and that's why they have private jets. Everyone else is just jealous.

It's refreshing to see a lefty defend the Koch brothers.

No, I am simply saying rich people are rich. If you want to fly on a private jet, get rich.
Quit whining about it. There are rich liberals as well as rich conservatives.
Is it fine for rich conservatives to fly on private jets but somehow wrong for liberals to fly on private jets. That part I don't understand.
And no I am not defending the Kock brothers, they are rich assholes. But I have no problem with them flying on a private jet.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

So, you wouldn't describe it as a "conference discussing climate change", but that is what you titled the thread?

Round and round we go I guess.

I'm not typing this sentence right now, because I'm typing this sentence. Or something.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
So, you wouldn't describe it as a "conference discussing climate change", but that is what you titled the thread?

I'm not typing this sentence right now, because I'm typing this sentence. Or something.

You said I said the main topic was climate change.

Make up your mind on what I said.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
OP.

This is fun.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You said I said the main topic was climate change.

Make up your mind on what I said.

So you didn't think that climate change was the main topic, but you titled it as if it were. Not to be misleading, but for some other reason.

Gotcha.

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
Obviously the cure for climate change is to just say you are going to an economic conference...that way, liberals won't give two shits how you got there...

No, it seems conservatives actually do give a shit how you got there.
Apparently if you are liberal, you are supposed to arrive in a chariot powered by unicorns and rainbows.:)

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
No, it seems conservatives actually do give a shit how you got there.
Apparently if you are liberal, you are supposed to arrive in a chariot powered by unicorns and rainbows.:)

And they had better ride share in the magic chariot :colbert:

I don't care who went to this conference and I really don't care how they got there. I was just looking for help understanding why people would take private jets to a conference discussing global warming. The simple answer was "because they can" but people started throwing insults and twisting my words, making this thread a shit storm.

Private planes are great, my company runs a fleet of them. We travel a lot and the cost of the planes is easily offset by the increased business we get done by not getting stuck at airports. We just picked up an Eclipse but I haven't gotten to ride in that one yet.

Relax guys. Sometimes a question is just a question.