1700 private jets were flown to a conference discussing climate change

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Ah, so when righties realize they've been exposed as frauds, they try to change the subject?
You're doing your usual hair-splitting bullshit. If you think you're winning good for you keep thinking that. You're arguing a ridiculous point with your teeth sunk into it like a junkyard dog and the only one that doesn't realize it is you.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Why does your thread title tie "1700 private jets flown to conference" to "discussing climate change"?"

Please, please explain.

I already have.

Now please answer my question. Your strawman has failed, you have proven yourself a spastic moron and quite frankly a shill.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
The absolutely hilarious thing is that this conference occurs every year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum

The absolutely hilarious thing is that this is not a climate change forum.

It is an annual economic forum, which means it should include climate change, whether you think it is real because climate scientists agree that it is, or if you think it is a massive hoax, because great scientific minds such as Sarah Palin or Jim Inhofe consider it a massive hoax.

Of course a World Economic Forum will cover the, uh, economic consequences of climate change. It will cover that topic as an economic topic, because it, uh, involves...economics.

It involves economics whether you're talking about innovation-and-freedom-destroying-regulations, or the economic effects of climate change on 7 billion human beings and the markets they are involved in.

Climate change is an economic issue, regardless of your politics.

But of course, the thread title is purposefully misleading. Outrage! Anger! Hypocrisy!

How does the Davos World Economic Forum itself consider the main points of the 2015 session?

Inequality, climate change, and terrorism.

So clearly, this was simply a climate change conference.

https://agenda.weforum.org/2015/01/the-key-moments-from-davos-2015/

Whether it is an economic conference or not is irrelevant once the participants start clamoring for action to stop Climate Change while they flood the Davos airport with all of their private jets...

If you can't see the hypocrisy in that, there is no point in continuing this discussion...

There is nothing wrong about the thread title...He never claimed it was a Climate Change conference....I have already provided links earlier proving that Climate Change was discussed there.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Whether it is an economic conference or not is irrelevant once the participants start clamoring for action to stop Climate Change while they flood the Davos airport with all of their private jets...

If you can't see the hypocrisy in that, there is no point in continuing this discussion...

There is nothing wrong about the thread title...He never claimed it was a Climate Change conference....I have already provided links earlier proving that Climate Change was discussed there.

Yes, it was discussed there. And the total discussion time was 1.5 hours (30 minutes on Wednesday, 1 hour on Friday), out of a 296 hours of scheduled discussion time. By my calculation, that's about 0.5% of the discussion at Davos. 0.5%. Yet you and the right of your right-wing-zeolot breathren pretend that "Oh my God! Climate change is a MAJOR, MAJOR item at Davos! And OH MY GOD, THERE ARE PRIVATE JETS! Hypocracy! Hypocracy! Hypocracy!"

Don't pretend you're doing anything different. You've blowing up the importance of climate change at Davos 2015 from "just another topic" to a "big deal."

And note that all of those links you posted are referring to the single forum held from 10 AM to 11 AM on Friday morning. That's it. Nothing more.

Stop lying.

Last edited:

marincounty

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2005
I get it. Rich liberals bad, rich conservatives good.
Look at all the hate towards Al Gore. He was a senator and vice-president, and should have been president. He is rich, his family was rich, that's why he is in a private jet.
He is richer and probably smarter than you, that's why he's in a private jet.
You're jealous, that's all.
Save your money, or inherit a bunch, and you too can fly on a private jet.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Look at all the hate towards Al Gore. He was a senator and vice-president, and should have been president. He is rich, his family was rich, that's why he is in a private jet.
No, you don't.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
You are so far from getting it that time actually travelled backward when you posted this.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I think what marincounty is trying to explain is that wealthy people DO in fact deserve their wealth. They're richer and smarter than everyone else, and that's why they have private jets. Everyone else is just jealous.

It's refreshing to see a lefty defend the Koch brothers.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

Laughably stupid.

Climate change involves economics.

Climate change was not the main topic discussed.

Period. End of story.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You liberals are the only ones claiming it was.
Somehow, libruls are the only ones making the argument that this conference wasn't mainly about climate change.

Because right there in the title of the thread, you won't find the following quote:

"A Conference Discussing Climate Change."

Again, Mega Cities was a topic of discussion at the economic forum. Had this thread been titled

"1700 private jets were flown to a conference discussing mega cities", the thread title would have been just as accurate and just as misleading.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Somehow, libruls are the only ones making the argument that this conference wasn't mainly about climate change.

Because right there in the title of the thread, you won't find the following quote:

"A Conference Discussing Climate Change."

Again, Mega Cities was a topic of discussion at the economic forum. Had this thread been titled

"1700 private jets were flown to a conference discussing mega cities", the thread title would have been just as accurate and just as misleading.

Again...point to anyone other than a liberal idiot who said it was the main topic.

Your strawman fell. Give it up.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Again...point to anyone other than a liberal idiot who said it was the main topic.

Again, you failed to answer the question asked.

Why didn't you name your thread "1700 private jets were flown to a conference discussing mega cities" or "1700 private jets were flown to a conference discussing <any of the other 100+ topics that Davos devoted at least as much time to>?

Since you WON'T answer the question as to why your thread title linked "1700 private jets" and "climate change," we clearly know the answer: you're a troll.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Again, you failed to answer the question asked.

Why didn't you name your thread "1700 private jets were flown to a conference discussing mega cities" or "1700 private jets were flown to a conference discussing <any of the other 100+ topics that Davos devoted at least as much time to>?

Since you WON'T answer the question as to why your thread title linked "1700 private jets" and "climate change," we clearly know the answer: you're a troll.

I did answer:

Because I copied the thread title from the article I linked to.

How did you manage to join this forum without being able to read?

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
So much entertainment and all it costs is the price of an Internet connection! :thumbsup:

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
I did answer:

Because I copied the thread title from the article I linked to.

How did you manage to join this forum without being able to read?
Um, not you didn't. The sub-title of the article you linked to was:

1700 private jets were flown to a conference discussing climate change and inequality

But including "and inequality" would have diluted the silly point you wanted to make.

tracerbullet

Golden Member
Feb 22, 2001
WTF is this thread doing still going on? There's nothing to discuss, debate, think about, learn from, or anything else. I'm going to guess rudeguy doesn't actually give a shit but is just having fun riling people up. And people are falling for it, for 5 pages so far.

rudeguy, am I right?

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
WTF is this thread doing still going on? There's nothing to discuss, debate, think about, learn from, or anything else. I'm going to guess rudeguy doesn't actually give a shit but is just having fun riling people up. And people are falling for it, for 5 pages so far.

rudeguy, am I right?

You are wrong.

It's only 3 pages :colbert:

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

OP.

I know OP thinks it was a main topic, because he described the annual economic conference as, and I quote:

"a conference discussing climate change".

Additionally, many idiot conservatives to borrow your language, have said that this conference was about climate change. I know this because they said so right in their comments.

Your delusional reality doesn't exist. Stop inventing it.