1700+ OCing Results (so far...)

Rotax

Oct 10, 1999
Well, I start off w/ ocing to 2ghz on the 166 fsb. No probs at default 1.5 (1.47v) voltage. Ran prime + eq for prob a good 12hrs. I just decided to throw 200 fsb at it at 2ghz, it'd boot windows np at 1.5 (1.47v) but fired up prime and after a few secs it'd die (prime), so i reboot, give it 1.525 in the bios (~1.5v), boots win np, prime still fails. So i hit the bios again, give the cpu 1.55 (~1.5-1.52v) and the memory 1.7v, boots win np, running prime on it now, prob had a bout 15 mins on it + eq w/o any errors as of then. It seems to be hitting 51c loaded...which I wasn't all that impressed w/. I figured the Abit reads thru the thermistor under the cpu, correct? It must as the temp changes are so much slower than on my epox that read diode temps (that was so nice...). I may need to reaplly my as3 as I'm thinkin i applied it a bit too thin..maybe not.. I just expected lower temps...but I guess I am goin from board to board as well..sooo But my sys/case temps are in the 30-33 range. I'm not too worried about the load temp, I'm personally fine w/ it, but thinkin it may hold me back from gettin a good 2.2+ clock as I'm sure I'll have to feed it some more voltage to get that..no?? We'll see, I'm still in the process of testing...tweaking... hehe Still gotta see about playing w/ mem timings too. Set at SPD atm, which i think is 6-2-2-2...maybe try 5-2-2-2??? Anyway, just thought I'd throw some results out thus far.

Comp in sig..

yodayoda

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2001
what stepping do you have? my 1700+ is running right now at 1.65V, 10x200MHz = 2GHz. temps are 40*C idle and 48*C full load (prime95). stable as a rock =)

Shimmishim

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2001
what bios you using???

the 1.4 bios if you have the v 2.0 will fix the temp issue...

corrects the temp reading by about 10 degrees lower...

Apr 17, 2003
Originally posted by: Shimmishim
what bios you using???

the 1.4 bios if you have the v 2.0 will fix the temp issue...

corrects the temp reading by about 10 degrees lower...

according to the replies i got in the post i made about high temps, the temps with the older bios are actually more accurate

Mikewarrior2

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 1999
more like incorrects the temps... it drops the reading "algorithm" by 10C versus before, but the new temps are unrealistically low.

The old temps were much closer approximations of what actual cpu temps are, even though they are still inaccurate socket-thermistor readings.

Mike

Rotax

Oct 10, 1999
Woot, just got new BIOS, I had the 3/27 (i think thats what it was?) I think i'd rather see the more "true" temps myself..but eh.. I guess this way its better for "comparing" at least. I'm not at 2.2gh still on the 200 fsb, w/ a 1.75v (bios), ~1.52-1.57 (avging 1.54) (mbm reading). just got it up n laoded w/ prime 43 on the cpu, 34 system.. so far so good according to prime. also seems i need the 2.7v on the memory to get it to do 200 fsb... odd?? as its rated for 3200... *shrug* its not that big a deal to me i guess as long as it runs. ;)

also, on the temp thing, why don't more boards just take the damn diode readings? its SOO much nicer imo.. i'm sure all abit did was adjust the divider/multipler? or whatever it is to get the temp to "show" diff, it didn't really lower it.. its just a gimmic in my mind.. like i've read in so many other posts.. its too bad though.

so far i'm very impressed w/ this cpu/mobo/memory :) can't complain. and umm i made sure to write down the #s on the cpu:

AXDA1700DLT3C
JIUHB0310XPMW

got it from excalibur.com for $65 (was worth the extra 15ish or so over newegg imo).

i'll prime it over night at this speed/setting and maybe see if i can go up another on the multiplier, prob need to start hittin it w/ more voltage i figure soon. ;) but man... from 1.47 to 1.54 volts... clock change from 1.47 to 2.2 GHz lol something to be said about that! AMD wins again in my book.. i have yet to look towards intels offerings. amd gets me what i want and gets it to me cheap, so i'm happy.

Rotax

Oct 10, 1999
Also I just added a hs/fan to my SB, using some AC3 and super glue. All seems well so far, think it should really help, as it was quite hot to the touch.. I think thats somethin more manufactures should look into, at least a heat sink.. I'm sure i didn't need the fan, but I had it rigged up from work. =P dbl sided tape does wonders when you're board at work. LOL Very effective tho. Now I'm just wondering about if I should do something w/ the NB... Maybe when I start pushin (or attempt to) the FSB over 200?? *shrug* We'll see. :)

Shimmishim

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Mikewarrior2
more like incorrects the temps... it drops the reading "algorithm" by 10C versus before, but the new temps are unrealistically low.

The old temps were much closer approximations of what actual cpu temps are, even though they are still inaccurate socket-thermistor readings.

Mike

i hate you.

:)

oh well... i figure as long as my cpu is still running and nothing has caught on fire... then everything is okay by me! :)

Rotax

Oct 10, 1999
After Priming for about 8hrs it had a 43-44 CPU temp still.. So all seems to be good at this clock/voltage. ;) Next step will be when I get home later tonite, so far I've got what "I" want out of it (2.2g), so anything over is just a bonus. hehe I'll have to get some shots of my setup when I get my d@mn cammera back. :p To lazy to drive 1/2 hr to pick it up. Anyway..will have an update later tonite, no doubt. :)

infinite012

Apr 23, 2003
I think you should correct your signature as it says "200x10=2205 (~1.54v)" Shouldn't it be 200x11?

Rotax

Oct 10, 1999
updated it :p i've just been updating the final clock, forgot about the multi hehe

but i'm runnin 2.3g now w/ ~1.59v. 43-44c loaded for the last 14 hrs w/ prime and ever quest runnin. i did try hittin it up w/ a 205 fsb, but it'd crash immedietly when starting prime.. so not sure if i'd need more voltage on the memory or if its now the fsb limiting..?? maybe i'll play w/ it a bit more.. right now i'm happy w/ it. :p

bigpow

Platinum Member
Dec 10, 2000
I hate you too!

:D

Mine works at 190x9 (200x9 works but I got cold boot problem)

Man, I'm never lucky when it comes to overclocking...

birddog

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2000
I just put my new one together with a Shuttle AK39N. Unfortunately the BIOS does NOT allow voltage adjustments or Multiplier changes (their website says it does, but there is no option in the BIOS).

So far, I have it stable at 11 X 188mhz = 2068 MHZ. Not bad for default voltage. Have not tried higer yet -- system is only 24h old -- no time to do it yet.