17 year old locked in a cage - forced to wear diapers - a 7 year old would weigh more

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
http://www.local6.com/news/4267131/detail.html

Quote:

Chief Steve Weintraub of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said the parents told investigators that the boy was forced to sleep in a criblike cage with a wooden lid kept shut with chains and a lock because he had behavioral problems and was overeating at night. The crib was the size of a twin bed with locks that prevented its sides from being lowered.

:|

So what do you think would be appropriate punishment for these 'parents'?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I think I saw a movie about this once.. the son was kept chained up down in the basement, and thrown raw meat to eat, the blond girl was upstairs in her room, parents were insanely-religious (I mean, actually downright insane), I think that there were some neighborhood boys locked up downstairs too... what was the name of that movie again?

and each was being held on $200,003 bail.
Uhh, what was that extra $3 for? A pack of smokes for the warden?
"They're painting a picture of my family as monsters, and they're not, they truly are not," she said.
I disagree.. look at 'em. :p

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Something similar has been posted before. Similar story.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: VirtualLarry
I think I saw a movie about this once.. the son was kept chained up down in the basement, and thrown raw meat to eat, the blond girl was upstairs in her room, parents were insanely-religious (I mean, actually downright insane), I think that there were some neighborhood boys locked up downstairs too... what was the name of that movie again?

and each was being held on $200,003 bail.
Uhh, what was that extra $3 for? A pack of smokes for the warden?
"They're painting a picture of my family as monsters, and they're not, they truly are not," she said.
I disagree.. look at 'em. :p

I believe that movie was "the people under the stairs"

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
I propose sensory deprivation. They're restrained, and given drugs to paralyze them and numb all feeling. Their mouths are stuffed with cotton and bound shut. They are blindfolded and their ears are plugged. Their noses are also clipped shut. Then they are hooked up with oxygen and lowered into a tub of warm water, with only their brains for company. It doesn't really matter how long they're left that way since minutes run on into weeks as your mind wanders in the void. But eight hours a day every day plunged into the darkness that was before the world ought to be a good starting point. And that's all they have to look forward to for the rest of their lives, which will be extended as long as possible. If they get used to that you could add a feeding tube and an IV and leave them under for days at a time, it's all good.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
At what age where the children when they were adopted?
I worked with the mentally retarded before...
wearing diapers was far from abnormal with that population.

Nonetheless, the locking up of the child is blatantly wrong. But, I'd need more information before deciding between the adoptive parents being beaten to death or mercilessly shot quickly.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
keep them in a metal crib for 17 years. seems like a fitting punishment.

Gurck

Banned
Mar 16, 2004
Medical experiments. Shut PETA up about lab rats, get these people out of the general population, speed prescription drugs' path to the market and lower their price, all in one slick move. Wtf are we waiting for?