15" ips panel Clevo notebook

Discussion in 'SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs' started by yoshi68, Oct 25, 2012.

1. yoshi68

yoshi68 Junior Member

I am just finding out if anyone would know what screen panel is used in this. I swear that I have read somewhere that it was an LG panel, but I haven't found that since looking again.

I also noticed that the model is listed on Clevo's site, but couldn't find any other builder that makes them, so I am unsure if the price is great or not. The specs are pretty much dead on what I was looking for.

http://www.logicalblueone.com.au/store/543-horize-w550eu-ultranote.html

#1 yoshi68, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - panel Clevo notebook Forum Date
    Backlight bleeding on IPS panel laptop? SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs May 11, 2016
    Laptop with fast pixel response rate panel? SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Apr 30, 2016
    Dell XPS 13 2015, 1440p or 1080p panel? SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Oct 6, 2015
    Motherboards with LVDS & LCD panels SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Jun 29, 2015
    Clevo Horize W550EU Ultranote with IPS Panel SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones PCs Oct 25, 2012

3. yoshi68

yoshi68 Junior Member

Hey, sorry, I have kind of double posted this question with one up above. I came back to see if anyone had posted a reply and I couldn't find the thread, and searching for clevo and ips panel didn't return my thread so I posted again.

I figured it was taken off because I linked to a reseller from a new account or something like that.

4. red12355

red12355 Junior Member

afaik no clevo models have an IPS screen. The best you can get is a 95% gamut one, which is actually pretty good. Doesn't have IPS level viewing angles, but the contrast (and obviously color gamut) is really good.

5. yoshi68

yoshi68 Junior Member

I linked to one that does (well at least it is being offered by the builder). And I also saw that it says LG panel on the site I linked to above. I can stop looking for where I found it. But I would still like to know if anyone knows if the screen is good?

6. yoshi68

yoshi68 Junior Member

If anyone is interested,

The notebook is amazing. Battery life I get around 5 hours with mixed use. The screen on full brightness for about 2 hours of that, a few videos, some programming as well as mathematical numerical solvers running. The screen has great colour and viewing angles. I have only seen a small amount of light bleed from the bottom once when the room was dark and the notebook just turned on so had a black screen.

Installed Windows 8 in a little over 10 minuted from flash drive. Boots in approx 15 - 20 seconds.

7. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Lifer