Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: MacBaine
Originally posted by: aidanjm
Why get a cat? Because dogs can be so fvcking emotionally needy. Some people can't deal with that. So that's where cats come in. They require less maintenance and don't need constant attention.

Somebody should have told that to my cat

yeah. some cats are super-needy. but most are ok on their own.
i have had three indoor cats in my life. every so often one would bolt out or sneak around but because they were all strays on the verge of death when i took them in, they tended to remember "outside" pretty damn quick and came back.
i would just suggest conditioning them by whisting or something when giving them food and you will be able to easily call them back. (well, more easily. a cat does what it damn well pleases...but it likes very few things more than food)

apparently, the most important thing to do to a young kitten is just cuddle up with it and love on it. then it will be a sweaty forever. none of this angry fighting cat garbage. getting an older cat is good (in the sense that there tend to be lots at shelters) but cats are not big adjusters to new people unless they are young. it would just take more time with a cat as opposed to a kitten.

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
Dear Bootymac's parents,

This is his school. He has been having problems lately, as you well know. We have decided that he is emotionally disturbed, and we insist that you begin therapy for him immediately. If you do not, we will report you to the State Board of UnCooperative Parents, and you will need to hire legal help to get out of that mess.

The therapist we recommend is Mr. Smith, and he charges $400 an hour. He feels that your son needs to be seen three times a week, or more.

Mr. Smith specializes in catanimatherapy, which is therapy using small feline animals to help your child deal with the trauma that he experiences everyday.

Firmly, The School Administration

P.S. We recommend this therapy because your son does not currently have a pet. Perhaps the quick acquisition of a cat would help him enough to warrent rethinking the expensive therapy. Thank you.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Cats are great. And yes, you can have a purely indoor cat. Just never let him outside and he wont know any different.

BTW, fix the cat as soon as possible.

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
my cats!

Tell yur parents they are low maintenience... they are inexpensive and if you treat them right, are very loving and loyal!

:)

oh yea... if that doesnt work, tell them that you will do better in school if you get a cat!

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
You don't want a cat, they scratch litter everywhere, claw furniture, require expensive vet visits, and there is a good chance someone could be allergic, and cat allergies are terrible :p

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
aircooled to have photochopped pic of his evil cat saying "dear booty's parents, cats need loving too!"

in 5..