13 Days for White House to Tell the Truth on Iraq

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zantac

Jun 15, 2003
Originally posted by: sandorski
Sigh. So how many days are left?

I'm taking a guess here but, I'd say at least 7 house days. so about the 25th or so. Since they don't meet on fridays or weekends

Maverick

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
interesting...I figured some democrat would step up to the current administration and try to ride the opposition to war ticket all the way to a presidential nomination. If no one does it then it just shows how weak the democrats have become.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Oh well, I see my guess was right. I guess I shouldn't have bothered trying to be nice for at least today...

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Oh well, I see my guess was right. I guess I shouldn't have bothered trying to be nice for at least today...

I thought your Father's day post was very thoughtfull and sincere... assuming that is what your above is related to.

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Etech, your opinion, though I generally disagree with vehemently, I do respect very much. But your condescending attitude and sarcasm turns a lot of people off and doesn't add to your credibility.

In any case, I certainly hope the republi-whores get fried for this; though I'm sure they're way too slippery to let that happen.

That Noam Chomsky article was a great read btw...

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Etech, your opinion, though I generally disagree with vehemently, I do respect very much. But your condescending attitude and sarcasm turns a lot of people off and doesn't add to your credibility.

That is very similar to how I feel about etech. Even though I almost never agree with him, and his posting style get's under my skin (as I'm sure mine does to him), I do respect him and his opinion because he has a reasoned thought process behind it.

I think etech may find more people than he thinks respect him....

:)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

That is very similar to how I feel about etech. Even though I almost never agree with him, and his posting style get's under my skin (as I'm sure mine does to him), I do respect him and his opinion because he has a reasoned thought process behind it.

:)

Yeah, words is just words. Sticks and stones sorta thing. I could care less what someone says about me (not true) unless its nice then I'm all ears or eyes as the forum dictates (not true either).
Archie Bunker is my favorite deep thinker. Meathead and Edith are just co-stars. (this is true)

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I was being sincere, but it was not taken as such.

The wish without the qualifiers would have been taken as offered.

busmaster11

I'll work on the style, thank you for the kind comment.

Insane3D

Thank you for the first and as for the second, I really haven't given it that much thought. I like to discuss and ocassionally cuss. By putting thoughts into words and defending my position and attacking others I learn much from the many other poster's ideas, viewpoints and theories presented. I have changed my opinions on subjects based on discussions on this board. For that, I thank the ones that make me work the hardest to defend a position that I have taken for those are the discussions that I learn from the most.
I hope it also explains the occasional ire I show when people post without thought.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: etech
I was being sincere, but it was not taken as such.

The wish without the qualifiers would have been taken as offered.

busmaster11

I'll work on the style, thank you for the kind comment.

Insane3D

Thank you for the first and as for the second, I really haven't given it that much thought. I like to discuss and ocassionally cuss. By putting thoughts into words and defending my position and attacking others I learn much from the many other poster's ideas, viewpoints and theories presented. I have changed my opinions on subjects based on discussions on this board. For that, I thank the ones that make me work the hardest to defend a position that I have taken for those are the discussions that I learn from the most.
I hope it also explains the occasional ire I show when people post without thought.

:beer:

One good thing about fertile ground... easy to bury hatchets.

zantac

Jun 15, 2003
Shot down by Republicans in committee, because the CIA has been doing an ongoing investigation into the matter.
rolleye.gif

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
The CIA is determining what the CIA said? That is contained in the briefing papers. The Committee should just read those. The record exists and that is the prima facia evidence, no?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: HJD1
The CIA is determining what the CIA said? That is contained in the briefing papers. The Committee should just read those. The record exists and that is the prima facia evidence, no?

LOL

Tal

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2001
I always find BOBDN funny and fun. I look forward to opportunities to trade posts with him. And I think etech's heart was in the right place. I think we've all had our share of personal attacks in here...