13 Days for White House to Tell the Truth on Iraq

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Originally posted by: etech
Zrom999

Fvck off junior, no one asked you to intercede.

---

That puts you about one post away from a mandatory vacation from our forums. We cannot have meaningful discussions in a political/news forum if that is the best you can come up with.

Please read the third rule in our House Rules for This Forum
Please respect your fellow members. PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
AnandTech Moderator

:Q:Q

:D

:Q:Q:Q:Q

:D:D

I'm sorry I made him cry for momma.

Is that all better now?

Grow up kids, if you can't take it than don't post BS.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
You're the one that was warned by a MOD and you're telling us to grow up? Interesting...

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
You're the one that was warned by a MOD and you're telling us to grow up? Interesting...

Yep, I'd quote what the mod pm'd but after asking him, he declined to let the public see what he wrote.

BTW, lighten up Francis, can't you take a joke?

I did learn that messages in my pm folder can disapear without my deleting them. I though that was interesting.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
The "Truth" will be heard in executive session of the Intellegence Committee I'm certain. Open hearings would be counter productive to the efforts underway... to this I agree and I wouldn't expect it any other way. The open hearings will provide insight but alot of frustration to anyone wanting more than generalities... I'd like to know the Intel end of things but, doubt any of that will be forthcomming. But, this is the best chance for the administration to quell the growing concern for the current goings on in Iraq and Afganistan.

Should this WMD thing be used to cause the entire plan to unfurl? I'd hope there is much more beef than just WMD on the minds of the movers in Washington.... if not we be in deep doo doo from a world opinion point of view, it seems to me.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000

Yep, I'd quote what the mod pm'd but after asking him, he declined to let the public see what he wrote.

Ohhh..Ok. I get it now. You were publically warned by a MOD for violating the rules of this forum you champion, and afterward, the mod PM'ed you telling you it was all cool and stuff, but you just can't post that....

Gotcha...

Edit:

Now the PM has disappeared....

So mysterious are these mods...

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

I did learn that messages in my pm folder can disapear without my deleting them. I though that was interesting.

He or she probably said something like this (in response to your comment to him/her):

I understand your frustration and I've read the posts you refer to. I agree they are not based on factual or reputable sources. I can see that you simply challenge them to produce a backup to their opinions. But, the rules require all members to refrain from personal attacks. State your case, challenge the sources as you have been. Just leave out the attacks. They will get the hint..

Probably... or something along those lines... but, don't respond because you could get in trouble..;)

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Insane3D

Nope, that is not it at all but I don't wish to be banned for posting what the mod sent me and than requested that I not post. I will not even speculate on why he was so reluctant about my not posting his post. I will say that your speculation is not close at all and leave it at that.

BTW, I saved my pm's directly before certain ones disappeared. The record is still available.

In short, no you don't get it and you have no information about what you are trying to imply. Leave it alone.

HJD1
nope, that really wasn't it either.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Insane3D

Nope, that is not it at all but I don't wish to be banned for posting what the mod sent me and than requested that I not post. I will not even speculate on why he was so reluctant about my not posting his post. I will say that your speculation is not close at all and leave it at that.

BTW, I saved my pm's directly before certain ones disappeared. The record is still available.

In short, no you don't get it and you have no information about what you are trying to imply. Leave it alone.

HJD1

Well... its what I would have said if I were a mod.... but, what is disconcerting is PM appears to be somewhat PM... good thing I don't have much contact with members here... I use email more often....

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: HJD1
Insane3D

HJD1

Well... its what I would have said if I were a mod.... but, what is disconcerting is PM appears to be somewhat PM... good thing I don't have much contact with members here... I use email more often....

From previous conversations and what I observed today, I would say that is a very wise move on your part. I wouldn't post anything in a PM to someone that you would not want someone else to read or have access to. The P in PM does not mean private.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

Did I read this correctly?

"BTW, lighten up Francis, can't you take a joke?"

Is that etech? Joking? I thought jokes were banned from the forums by etech decree. What about your credibility
eeEEEEEeeEEEEEtech? Doesn't joking make people less credible?

Just another example of one set of rules for etech.......and another set of rules for the rest of us.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
EXAMPLES:

LINK

06/13/2003 10:53 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: Alistar7
when that 12,000 page report was submitted by Saddam the US wanted every member of the security council to recieve a full copy, the ones who eventually opposed action only allowed the other non permanent members to see 8,000 pages. But even at that, not one would accept Blair's challenge to state publicly before the war that Iraq no longer had WMD or any would be found.

No one would accept Blair's challenge because of these.

BOBDN, if you wish to have any credibility on this site it would behoove you not to make posts with links like that.

Your choice.

AND ANOTHER:

06/13/2003 11:24 PM

Originally posted by: Zrom999

Zrom999

Real mature, Etech.

Etech, if you wish to have any credibility on this site it would behoove you not to make posts like that.

What part did you have trouble with junior?

If someone wishes to post BS as BOBDN did than he should know that people won't take him seriously. Actually from his earlier posts I don't think many people do but It doesn't hurt to make him aware of that fact.

Now it's Friday and I was supposed to have the day off and had to go into work to take care of a problem. My paitence with little pissants telling me to lighten up and joke about a serious subject while never that great is shorter than usual.

Now ah heck off and go play in off-topic if you want to tell jokes. This is the politics and news forum , not the neffers bullsh!t and jokes forum.

YET ANOTHER:

06/13/2003 11:40 PM

Zrom999

Real mature, Etech.

Etech, if you wish to have any credibility on this site it would behoove you not to make posts like that.

If someone wishes to post BS as BOBDN did than he should know that people won't take him seriously. Actually from his earlier posts I don't think many people do but It doesn't hurt to make him aware of that fact.

Now it's Friday and I was supposed to have the day off and had to go into work to take care of a problem. My paitence with little pissants telling me to lighten up and joke about a serious subject while never that great is shorter than usual.

Now ah heck off and go play in off-topic if you want to tell jokes. This is the politics and news forum , not the neffers bullsh!t and jokes forum.

I'm sorry for ruinning your intimate night with your computer. Get a life loser. If that worthless joke can set you over the edge you are not fit to live in society. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and go check yourself into the nearest nuthouse.

Note, I'm not the one posting "worthless" jokes on the internet on a Friday night.

Try taking your own advice.

STILL ANOTHER:

06/14/2003 12:01 AM

Zrom999

Real mature, Etech.

I'm sorry for ruinning your intimate night with your computer. Get a life loser. If that worthless joke can set you over the edge you are not fit to live in society. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and go check yourself into the nearest nuthouse.

Note, I'm not the one posting "worthless" jokes on the internet on a Friday night.

Try taking your own advice.

Note: You are the one getting upset about other peoples jokes posted on the internet on a Friday night.
Take advice given in 2nd half of my previous post.

I wasn't upset, I made an observation that your "joke" (which you later admitted was worthless) would not help your credibility on this forum. If you think that is upset than you are the one that needs help.

My observation still stands, you are the one making worthless jokes in the politics and news forum on a Friday night. I'm old, married, the daughter is in bed and the wife is reading a book. I don't need your "advice" thank you very much.

WHAT A HYPOCRITE!
As the Soup Nazi would say: "No credibility for you......one month!" Or until your next faux paus, etech. Which, judging from past experience, wont be long. Just ask the forum mod! :)

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Bobdn,

Look up the meaning of hypocrit and than read your last two posts again. I really don't care about your little obsession with me and won't go whining to the mods like a spoiled little girl but I thought the irony was amusing and worth pointing out.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Zrom999

---

That puts you about one post away from a mandatory vacation from our forums. We cannot have meaningful discussions in a political/news forum if that is the best you can come up with.

Please read the third rule in our House Rules for This Forum
Please respect your fellow members. PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
AnandTech Moderator

:Q:Q

:Q:Q:Q:Q

:D:D

I'm sorry I made him cry for momma.

Is that all better now?

Grow up kids, if you can't take it than don't post BS.

Some people never learn. I didn't report you, but I really should have done so instead of trying to reason with an irrational person. You refer to others as "kids", "junior" or worse while you are the most immature person posting on this forum.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Ask etech if he's ever contacted the mods about me. :D

Moonbeam, would you like to post the PM I allegedly sent?

If I did which I don't remember and have no record of, how would even know of it? Have you been reading through my PM folder?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I said, "Ask etech if he's ever contacted the mods about me."

and you reply with, "Moonbeam, would you like to post the PM I allegedly sent?

If I did which I don't remember and have no record of, how would even know of it? Have you been reading through my PM folder?"

Huh?

I seem to remember you threatening me with Mods in some thread or other about me being a troll harassing you with facts about you, I mean insults according to you. How would I know if you did or not. Ask yourself you'd be the one to know. I have a bad memory for threats because they don't mean much to me, but I kinda got that feeling about you when you said something about running to mommy. Rather than say as fact, it ain't important enough to me to go back and find the thread, that would be real work, I just asked somebody to ask you. In the sentence fragment 'how would even know of it' the subject is missing. I don't know if you mean 'you' or 'I' there could be a lot of reasons you don't have a record. You could have deleted, for example. Haven't been reading through your folder, no. If you don't remember fine. I don't remember exactly either. I would ask others to take you at your word as I will, but I can't remove that trace memory. Sorry about that part.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Ask etech if he's ever contacted the mods about me. :D

Is that how you got "elite" status...

If I say nice things to folks like you do can I be "elite" too....?

E lite... hmmm is that like E tech....?

E heavy... is that like E gineer?

Let me out let me out ... I can't see the reflections of the moon in this closet.... let me out..

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I said, "Ask etech if he's ever contacted the mods about me."

and you reply with, "Moonbeam, would you like to post the PM I allegedly sent?

If I did which I don't remember and have no record of, how would even know of it? Have you been reading through my PM folder?"

Huh?

I seem to remember you threatening me with Mods in some thread or other about me being a troll harassing you with facts about you, I mean insults according to you. How would I know if you did or not. Ask yourself you'd be the one to know. I have a bad memory for threats because they don't mean much to me, but I kinda got that feeling about you when you said something about running to mommy. Rather than say as fact, it ain't important enough to me to go back and find the thread, that would be real work, I just asked somebody to ask you. In the sentence fragment 'how would even know of it' the subject is missing. I don't know if you mean 'you' or 'I' there could be a lot of reasons you don't have a record. You could have deleted, for example. Haven't been reading through your folder, no. If you don't remember fine. I don't remember exactly either. I would ask others to take you at your word as I will, but I can't remove that trace memory. Sorry about that part.

So you had no reason other than your bad memory for making that allegation. You seem to remember something, yeah right.

HJD1
Is that how you got "elite" status...

Some things are just not to be questioned. There are great mysteries of the world and why some get elite is one of them. I used to think it would be nice to have. Now, I see no real reason to aspire to it.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
"Now their story is changing: Iraq had a weapons 'program,' they say. No
longer weapons of mass destruction, but a program. If this Administration can
fabricate reasons for war after the fact, where will America be headed for
war next?

Just a quick FYI. June 10 press briefing at the White House
Q One question on the weapons of mass destruction issue. The President yesterday said three times in a row "weapons programs," rather than "weapons." Did the President intend to shift the focus here or establish a new position to in any way suggest a change in what he alleged before --

MR. FLEISCHER: No, as you know from listening to the President on this issue repeatedly, when the President talked about weapons programs, he includes weapons of mass destruction in that.

Q So he means by weapons, weapons programs, he means weapons, themselves?

MR. FLEISCHER: That's correct.

Q I mean, but he used "weapons programs" three times in a row. What should we make of that?

MR. FLEISCHER: You know how the President has addressed this issue repeatedly over time. I'm telling you I don't think you should make anything of it, because I know what the President meant. When he said "weapons programs," he includes weapons of mass destruction, as you heard him say on numerous occasions.

Q So he uses them interchangeably?

MR. FLEISCHER: That's correct. He did yesterday.

...so everybody, please remember this just in case they settle for discovering a WMD program and claim that's what they were talking about from the beginning.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
etech -

I have heard you mention your child, daughter I believe, a few times around here, so I would like to wish you a Happy Father's Day.

However, I have a feeling you will likely think I either don't mean this or I am saying it for some reason or another, but I assure you I mean it...take it as you will...

:)

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
etech -

I have heard you mention your child, daughter I believe, a few times around here, so I would like to wish you a Happy Father's Day.

However, I have a feeling you will likely think I either don't mean this or I am saying it for some reason or another, but I assure you I mean it...take it as you will...

:)

Ditto, and same for all fathers who read this. Happy Fathers day.