13 Days for White House to Tell the Truth on Iraq

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
etech can tell everyone what type of posts he wants in the Politics forum, while at the very same time ignorning the primary rule of no personal attacks stated in the rules thread at the top of the forum....he's so tricky.

As has been pointed out many times, etech has no sense of humor and couldn't get a joke if it came up behind him and slapped him in the head. Oh, and everyone he doesn't agree with is either "son" or "junior" since he is so superior to all of us down here...

The more things change, the more etech remains the same.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Insane3D
etech can tell everyone what type of posts he wants in the Politics forum, while at the very same time ignorning the primary rule of no personal attacks stated in the rules thread at the top of the forum....he's so tricky.

As has been pointed out many times, etech has no sense of humor and couldn't get a joke if it came up behind him and slapped him in the head. Oh, and everyone he doesn't agree with is either "son" or "junior" since he is so superior to all of us down here...

The more things change, the more etech remains the same.

I think you misread Mr. Etech. I find humor in much of what he does to irritate, challenge, inform and defend. Etech, it seems, has concrete grounds upon which he seeks to sow the seeds of doubt in the positions of posters. I wouldn't doubt that he has a smile as he posts witty response after another. The seeds of weeds germinate, it seems, in the strangest of places...even the leasst hospitable of places.. and remember, a rose is but a weed if it finds itself amongst the corn and radish, even if fertilized by the manure of the finest steed. Nah... he is funny... at least to me. I appreciate humor in all its forms. Referring to another as 'son' or 'junior' are just terms of endearment... he loves you. He must... why else take the time to correct so wayward a philosophy. One would have to be insane to see the depth of his nature. I'm not fully insane so I may be wrong... but, I have hope for mankind...

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man that was great.

That is not funny son. Please don't post anything other than serious topics junior. We do not accept those neffer, OT style posts here in this serious political forum. Humor, in any form, is not allowable in this forum, but feel free to ignore the personal attack rule.

:p

Are you saying Saddam never bought WMD components or that this is not a true bill of sale. In either case, Cheney would never have allowed it to occur unchallenge with out appropriate intel confirmation.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Are you saying that HJ has worms or that he's fresca gay? If the later, I demand you show poof.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Are you saying that HJ has worms or that he's fresca gay? If the later, I demand you show poof.

No, I simply meant that peanut butter sandwiches are good with sunshine and sewage...

AnImuS

Sep 28, 2001
Glad i clicked this link
rolleye.gif

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: etech
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Originally posted by: Alistar7
when that 12,000 page report was submitted by Saddam the US wanted every member of the security council to recieve a full copy, the ones who eventually opposed action only allowed the other non permanent members to see 8,000 pages. But even at that, not one would accept Blair's challenge to state publicly before the war that Iraq no longer had WMD or any would be found.

No one would accept Blair's challenge because of these.

BOBDN, if you wish to have any credibility on this site it would behoove you not to make posts with links like that.

Your choice.

Oh, sorry. I didn't know the teacher was watching.

Now my credibility is in question! Please no, not that.

What about Bush's credibility? If he wishes to maintain his it would behoove him to find some WMD in Iraq. :D

This isn't the UN. If you start now I'll bet you can find your sense of humor before Bush finds WMD in Iraq. After all, you'll have eternity. Start looking. :)

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Zrom999
Zrom999

Fvck off junior, no one asked you to intercede.

Real mature, Etech.

Etech, if you wish to have any credibility on this site it would behoove you not to make posts like that.

What part did you have trouble with junior?

If someone wishes to post BS as BOBDN did than he should know that people won't take him seriously. Actually from his earlier posts I don't think many people do but It doesn't hurt to make him aware of that fact.

Now it's Friday and I was supposed to have the day off and had to go into work to take care of a problem. My paitence with little pissants telling me to lighten up and joke about a serious subject while never that great is shorter than usual.

Now ah heck off and go play in off-topic if you want to tell jokes. This is the politics and news forum , not the neffers bullsh!t and jokes forum.

Hey etech, what do you get when you cross a chicken with a telephone pole?

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Congress has to do their jobs and hold Bush et al feet to the fire on this. Right now it looks like the Adminstration lied about why they went to war. Which is unacceptable. Congressional hearings and investigations need to be held and the truth needs to bought out.

It looks like the Republicans are going to try to sandbag this issue.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
Zrom999

He has the right to post what he wants if he feels it relevant

You're right there. He can prove he is a fool if he wishes. It is his choice.

As for the rest of your post, it was a better joke than BOBDN's.

For the record, I found BOBDN's joke funny :D

Lighten up.

I'm glad you found it funny sMiLeYz. Since my jokes inflame etech so much there will definitely be more to come.

Hasn't he ever heard of political satire? A great tradition in the USA. Some presidents haven't been very fond of it. But they were the brunt of the satire. Nixon for instance. The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour and Laugh In were instrumental in highlighting his treachery through satire. The Smothers Brothers were so effective "someone" had NBC toss their #1 rated show off the air! Too late though for Nixon. :)

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Dr Smooth
Congress has to do their jobs and hold Bush et al feet to the fire on this. Right now it looks like the Adminstration lied about why they went to war. Which is unacceptable. Congressional hearings and investigations need to be held and the truth needs to bought out.

It looks like the Republicans are going to try to sandbag this issue.

The Republicans do control both houses. But public opinion can keep the necessary pressure on to keep them honest. I think political satire is the best method of keeping the issue highlighted and the pressure on. Where's Will Rogers when we need him?

"Politics was top target for pundit Will Rogers. An actual favorite son nominee for president in 1932, Will Rogers was a 1928 prank White House candidate promising only to "resign if elected." Decades later his wry platform promises remain fitting: "Whatever the other fellow don't do, we will."
:D

I guess etech's eyes would really have been bulging with Will Rogers around. Watch that blood pressure etech!

In etech's opinion Rogers would of course lack credibility. :D

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003

No, I simply meant that peanut butter sandwiches are good with sunshine and sewage...

How can I ever get out of distress? I feel so gay today. Let us sludge through the layered sunshine and edify the world.
Yum... greasey grimey gopher guts... and worms... ummmm ummmm ummmm.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Zrom999

---

That puts you about one post away from a mandatory vacation from our forums. We cannot have meaningful discussions in a political/news forum if that is the best you can come up with.

Please read the third rule in our House Rules for This Forum
Please respect your fellow members. PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
AnandTech Moderator

:Q:Q

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Zrom999

---

That puts you about one post away from a mandatory vacation from our forums. We cannot have meaningful discussions in a political/news forum if that is the best you can come up with.

AnandTech Moderator

:Q:Q:Q:Q

:D:D

Spudd

Golden Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: BOBDN
Zrom999

---

AnandTech Moderator

:Q:Q:Q:Q

:D:D

WAHHAHAHA...about time etech got that from an admin. Serves him right! And BOBDNs post was pretty funny too! :D:beer::D