"Congress must demand accountability for the wanton exercise of war power,
for the loss of life, the destruction of property, the waste of tax dollars
and the damage to America's reputation. Thirty-three members of the House
have now signed the Resolution of Inquiry to demand the White House tell
the truth."

Kucinich's Resolution of Inquiry, demanding the Administration turn over
intelligence to back its pre-war claims about Iraq, was introduced Thursday
and has growing support. It is a privileged resolution and must be voted on
in Committee within 14 legislative days of being introduced.

Having led Congressional opposition to the Iraq war and Bush foreign policy
since last summer, Dennis Kucinich is now campaigning for the Democratic
presidential nomination on a platform of peace, justice, equal rights and
sustainability.
-----------------------------------------
Info can be found here: http://www.kucinich.us/

and a related article http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/oh10_kucinich/030311doc.html

Think anything will come of this?

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
It will be interesting to see if this gains in momentum...or not...

At the very least I think an investigation is in order...

BTW...Link?

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
13 days for Congress committee to vote on the resolution. Your Title is misleading isnt it?

magma

Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: mastertech01
13 days for Congress committee to vote on the resolution. Your Title is misleading isnt it?

The message was forwarded from an email I received from a coworker, and that was the title (minus the "Fwd"). The headers show that it was a forwared message from a mailing list from kucinich.us, thus I was giving the only title I was aware of from the story presented to me. I tried to keep the story 'as is'. If it seems misleading: so-be-it.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: mastertech01

Title isn't misleading.

"Kucinich's Resolution of Inquiry, demanding the Administration turn over
intelligence to back its pre-war claims about Iraq, was introduced Thursday
and has growing support. It is a privileged resolution and must be voted on
in Committee within 14 legislative days of being introduced.
"

Minus the day Kucinich read the Resolution of Inquiry there are 13 days left. Since it was read on Thursday I would guess there are now 9 days left.

I certainly hope this leads to the inquiry we all need to determine whether this administration misled our nation and the world.

Politicians have been castigated for having pictures of themselves printed with girls in their lap or for having baby sitters without the proper papers or for having consentual sex with consenting adults. Certainly starting a war which cost the lives of hundreds of American soldiers and thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians rises to the level of an inquiry given these existing standards.

magma

Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: BOBDN

I certainly hope this leads to the inquiry we all need to determine whether this administration misled our nation and the world.

Politicians have been castigated for having pictures of themselves printed with girls in their lap or for having baby sitters without the proper papers or for having consentual sex with consenting adults. Certainly starting a war which cost the lives of hundreds of American soldiers and thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians rises to the level of an inquiry given these existing standards.

He has succeeded in the past with a Resolution of Inquiry, lets hope he can do it again.

The Administration was forced to turn over documentation to Congress about Iraq due to a Resolution of Inquiry filed by Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich (D-OH). The Administration finally released to Congress the 12,000 page Iraqi declaration made to the United Nations on December 7, 2002.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: smegma

He has succeeded in the past with a Resolution of Inquiry, lets hope he can do it again.

The Administration was forced to turn over documentation to Congress about Iraq due to a Resolution of Inquiry filed by Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich (D-OH). The Administration finally released to Congress the 12,000 page Iraqi declaration made to the United Nations on December 7, 2002.

I'm hoping. This is much more important than whose smegma is on whose dress.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
when that 12,000 page report was submitted by Saddam the US wanted every member of the security council to recieve a full copy, the ones who eventually opposed action only allowed the other non permanent members to see 8,000 pages. But even at that, not one would accept Blair's challenge to state publicly before the war that Iraq no longer had WMD or any would be found.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7
when that 12,000 page report was submitted by Saddam the US wanted every member of the security council to recieve a full copy, the ones who eventually opposed action only allowed the other non permanent members to see 8,000 pages. But even at that, not one would accept Blair's challenge to state publicly before the war that Iraq no longer had WMD or any would be found.

No one would accept Blair's challenge because of these.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

BOBDN, if you wish to have any credibility on this site it would behoove you not to make posts with links like that.

Your choice.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Originally posted by: etech

BOBDN, if you wish to have any credibility on this site it would behoove you not to make posts with links like that.

Your choice.

It was a joke, lay off. No one with any common sense would have believed that anyway.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Zrom999

Fvck off junior, no one asked you to intercede.

---

That puts you about one post away from a mandatory vacation from our forums. We cannot have meaningful discussions in a political/news forum if that is the best you can come up with.

Please read the third rule in our House Rules for This Forum
Please respect your fellow members. PERSONAL ATTACKS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
AnandTech Moderator

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Zrom999

Real mature, Etech.

Etech, if you wish to have any credibility on this site it would behoove you not to make posts like that.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Zrom999
Zrom999

Real mature, Etech.

Etech, if you wish to have any credibility on this site it would behoove you not to make posts like that.

What part did you have trouble with junior?

If someone wishes to post BS as BOBDN did than he should know that people won't take him seriously. Actually from his earlier posts I don't think many people do but It doesn't hurt to make him aware of that fact.

Now it's Friday and I was supposed to have the day off and had to go into work to take care of a problem. My paitence with little pissants telling me to lighten up and joke about a serious subject while never that great is shorter than usual.

Now ah heck off and go play in off-topic if you want to tell jokes. This is the politics and news forum , not the neffers bullsh!t and jokes forum.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Zrom999

Real mature, Etech.

If someone wishes to post BS as BOBDN did than he should know that people won't take him seriously. Actually from his earlier posts I don't think many people do but It doesn't hurt to make him aware of that fact.

Now it's Friday and I was supposed to have the day off and had to go into work to take care of a problem. My paitence with little pissants telling me to lighten up and joke about a serious subject while never that great is shorter than usual.

Now ah heck off and go play in off-topic if you want to tell jokes. This is the politics and news forum , not the neffers bullsh!t and jokes forum.

I'm sorry for ruinning your intimate night with your computer. Get a life loser. If that worthless joke can set you over the edge you are not fit to live in society. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and go check yourself into the nearest nuthouse.

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Think anything will come of this?
No.

Democrats are in disarray...so Bush (if in the wrong) will get away with anything right now.

Republicans were very well organized when they went after Clinton.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Zrom999

Real mature, Etech.

I'm sorry for ruinning your intimate night with your computer. Get a life loser. If that worthless joke can set you over the edge you are not fit to live in society. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and go check yourself into the nearest nuthouse.

Note, I'm not the one posting "worthless" jokes on the internet on a Friday night.

Try taking your own advice.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Zrom999

Real mature, Etech.

Note, I'm not the one posting "worthless" jokes on the internet on a Friday night.

Note: You are the one getting upset about other peoples jokes posted on the internet on a Friday night.
Take advice given in 2nd half of my previous post.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Zrom999

Real mature, Etech.

Note: You are the one getting upset about other peoples jokes posted on the internet on a Friday night.

I wasn't upset, I made an observation that your "joke" (which you later admitted was worthless) would not help your credibility on this forum. If you think that is upset than you are the one that needs help.

My observation still stands, you are the one making worthless jokes in the politics and news forum on a Friday night. I'm old, married, the daughter is in bed and the wife is reading a book. I don't need your "advice" thank you very much.

Zrom999

Banned
Apr 13, 2003
Zrom999

Real mature, Etech.

I wasn't upset, I made an observation that your "joke" (which you later admitted was worthless) would not help your credibility on this forum. If you think that is upset than you are the one that needs help.

My observation still stands, you are the one making worthless jokes in the politics and news forum on a Friday night. I'm old, married, the daughter is in bed and the wife is reading a book. I don't need your "advice" thank you very much.

Wasn't my joke smart guy (was BOBDN's). Blacked out from raging affected your memory? Of course, you weren't upset, an upset person would have used words like "Fvck off". He has the right to post what he wants if he feels it relevant. You can choose to ignore it if you don't like and move on, but you seem incapable of doing that. You must challenge everything, even an obvious bad joke. I can really stick you with some nasty insults right now, but it seems I have to be the mature adult in this situation since you cannot be, so I am going to end this and move on to better things. Have a nice evening.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Zrom999

He has the right to post what he wants if he feels it relevant

You're right there. He can prove he is a fool if he wishes. It is his choice.

As for the rest of your post, it was a better joke than BOBDN's.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Zrom999

He has the right to post what he wants if he feels it relevant

You're right there. He can prove he is a fool if he wishes. It is his choice.

As for the rest of your post, it was a better joke than BOBDN's.

For the record, I found BOBDN's joke funny :D

Lighten up.

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
Kucinich has no chance as a presidential candidate because he is way too liberal to be accepted by the general public. Not that I don't agree with most of his ideas...