13.12 WHQL AMD drivers out

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RaulF

Jan 18, 2008
Just had what i believe was complete driver failure with this drivers.

Came home and boot it up the pc and screen res was low and when i tried to open ccc it said it could not because no driver was found or something to that nature.

I removed and re install and is working again.

Posting for tracking pourpose.

Card is a sapphire 290.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
OK, so they made a simple error and forgot to update the registry entry(s) :rolleyes:

If it's that important to your games (and it shouldn't be), just do a registry search for catalyst_version, and change all entries to 13.12.

Then all games that stupidly rely on this, rather than proper coding, should stop nagging.
Don't know why you're getting snippy with us. It's clearly AMD's and Dice's incompetence that are causing these issues.

With that said I tried editing the registry entry and low and behold the "test range" worked with 13.12. Well it mostly worked. I still can't get the vehicles to move. So thanks for the tip! I had no idea where AMD kept the catalyst version number and therefore I had no idea where BF4 was reading the info from.

james1701

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2007
I loaded these up last night, and they are showing 13.12. They run pretty good too.

Micrornd

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013
Don't know why you're getting snippy with us. It's clearly AMD's and Dice's incompetence that are causing these issues.

With that said I tried editing the registry entry and low and behold the "test range" worked with 13.12. Well it mostly worked. I still can't get the vehicles to move. So thanks for the tip! I had no idea where AMD kept the catalyst version number and therefore I had no idea where BF4 was reading the info from.

Not a matter of being "snippy".
It's a matter of version # of a driver package being an idiotic way of checking to see if the correct driver is installed to run a game.
Driver package # doesn't matter, only the actual version # of a driver or ancillary file needed as a prerequisite to running a game.

Especially a game so buggy, that was known it wasn't ready for release.
Ah, but that is what daily patches are for, eh, finishing coding and testing the game while drawing revenue, rather before than after completing the work.

That, and everyone else not running the beta of BF4 making such a fuss over a package # not being updated, when the driver version clearly was.
If the package # was not displayed, it would be a non-issue for the majority of users, out of sight, out of mind.

Mir96TA

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2002
Are these drivers are Mantle Drivers ?
I have 7970 so would I gain any benefits ?
I have pervious version of WHQL drivers installed.
Thanks
Mir

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
Is it better to do a "manual" install or an automatic detect and install? Or does it matter.

The Wife

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
This amazing driver has given me nothing but issues. I've successfully removed and reinstalled both AMD and Nvidia drivers about 1.14^E99 times, so it's not something I'm doing wrong.

The issue is twofold. One, after install, I get a black screen and reboot as soon as the Windows 8 logo shows during reboot. If I successfully make it into the desktop, the second card shows up with an error in device manager, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". Every combination of safe mode/clean removal/clean install/driver download from different source I've tried comes up with the same bs.

When I first tried installing these, I was getting BSOD and "System Thread Exception Not Handled" message. Reverted to the 13.11 v9.5, everything works fine. Done with this driver.

james1701

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2007
Mine worked good, but

A friend of mine did the install over the old drivers and got a black screen issue when he tries to boot.

RaulF

Jan 18, 2008
Tracking? This isn't any sort of official AMD forum. If you want AMD to see your problem you should at least submit a issue reporting form on their website.

The name of this thread is specific to that driver. So yes I am posting to make other members aware and track it in case it becomes something. I have not sumited nothing to amd because it happened once. And who knows maybe something I did.

I doubt any other member here minds me posting about an issue with something related to the thread title.

RaulF

Jan 18, 2008
Are these drivers are Mantle Drivers ?
I have 7970 so would I gain any benefits ?
I have pervious version of WHQL drivers installed.
Thanks
Mir

I'm pretty sure the mantle drivers are game specific and will most likely show up via the game developer.

So for bf4 it would most likely come from each or dice via origin.