128GB SSD: Crucial or Samsung

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gpse

Oct 7, 2007
I got a Samsung 840 PRO 128GB today!!!!
just reinstalled OSX, so far I haven't noticed much performance difference, however the extra space is nice!

Gronnie

Jan 21, 2013
I vote for the Samsung 840, although I would go with a 256GB if you can find the extra funds.

Mfusick

Dec 20, 2010
You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Well...

It's certainly two years older than Samsung and....

It's certainly slower in general.

Not sure where your argument is derived from ? Probably personal preference or personal defense of your own purchase decision ???

There is little fact to be debated about what I said.

MrX8503

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2005
It's older but its not a slow pig compared to 840 Pro. Plus the Pro costs a lot more.

Slow pigs would be sata 2 gen 1 SSDs or mechanical HDDs.

Positive reviews from every tech site and the 1k+ reviews on Amazon would disagree with you.

Last edited:

Ao1

Apr 15, 2012
Most end users will never notice the difference between either SSD outside xfering large files because SSD's are all about latency and in that regard they don't really differ.
The M4 is not a pig. It has very good read performance. I have both the M4 and Samsung 830 and 840 Pro. In fact I’ve got most brands of SSD and I struggle to tell the difference between them. I was even using an X25-M G2 the other day and struggled to see a difference with the 840 Pro or M5Pro that I normally use for OS drives.