120k barrels a day? nuke it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Would that be like turning a champagne cork into liquid glass or like replacing billions of tons of steel with a hole in it with billions of tons of mercury?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Y Hello Thar!
three-eyed-fish-simpsons.gif

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
lol....Nuke it and risk additonal fissures with even more uncontrollable leaks........GREAT IDEA GUYS!

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Likely scenario-

Nuke it and that 'leak' becomes a massive football field sized hole spewing out oil...Radioactive Oil at that.

And why isnt the idea taken seriously ?

Ok heres one idea. The Russians, when they nuked thier oil rig "gone haywire", it was a land based rig...far far away from people, and not connected to any source of water. So if it fucked up and didnt work ? No big deal. Just be quiet about it, fix it then bury it in cement!

The BP rig, if you fuck up, you fuck up...and congrats its now 10x worse, and spewing radioactive oil into the gulf aswell. The stakes are to high if it doesnt work. The Russians had nothing to lose.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Russians put the nuke into the relief well, so it was underground explosion.
This would be deep underwater and underground explosion. I don't know how feasible that is.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
I said to Nuke it on day 1, it was summarily dismissed, funny how so many are coming around to it.

Was that before or after you filled up with $5 gas, bought some $7 milk and got ID'd while purchasing vinegar?

Dec 26, 2007
Russians put the nuke into the relief well, so it was underground explosion.
This would be deep underwater and underground explosion. I don't know how feasible that is.

It's do-able.

That said, if we're drilling a hole to drop a nuke in why not just do it the right way with a relief well? You're drilling in both cases, the nuke needs to go 1/2 the distance of the relief well basically, and the nukular option is rather risky.

Likely scenario-

Nuke it and that 'leak' becomes a massive football field sized hole spewing out oil...Radioactive Oil at that.

And why isnt the idea taken seriously ?

Ok heres one idea. The Russians, when they nuked thier oil rig "gone haywire", it was a land based rig...far far away from people, and not connected to any source of water. So if it fucked up and didnt work ? No big deal. Just be quiet about it, fix it then bury it in cement!

The BP rig, if you fuck up, you fuck up...and congrats its now 10x worse, and spewing radioactive oil into the gulf aswell. The stakes are to high if it doesnt work. The Russians had nothing to lose.

But, but, but.... Dave said we should do it and my $5/gal gas fillup sucked last night when driving home after getting my $7/gal milk. :p

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
If they do nuke it I totally going to wherever the best seat in the house will be because I'm not missing what will probably be the only chance in my life time to see one safely.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
But, but, but.... Dave said we should do it and my $5/gal gas fillup sucked last night when driving home after getting my $7/gal milk. :p

Funny you mention that, it's a month late but the scammers are back at the drive for $5 once again, gas jumped 20 cents overnight here last night.

Back over $3 once again, was running around $2.89 at most stations and now they are at $3.09

Only $1.89 to go

Status
Not open for further replies.