12 year old boy kills friend with knife

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
linkie

This whole tragedy could've been prevented if we prevent people from owning steak knives. Plastic utensils FTW

Your call out of a another poster in your Topic Summary and in your OP has been edited out. You should know better.

Perknose
AnandTech Senior Moderator

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
I saw a story the other day, some kid OD'd on crack cocaine. My first thought of course was, "its about time we declare war on drugs!!"

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: halik
linkie

This whole tragedy could've been prevented if we prevent people from owning steak knives. Plastic utensils FTW

Yay for Techs and his untenable arguments...

Has Techs had a history of pointing out deaths/accidents by guns?

SigArms08

Apr 16, 2008
Originally posted by: bamacre
I saw a story the other day, some kid OD'd on crack cocaine. My first thought of course was, "its about time we declare war on drugs!!"

LOL

But drugs are illegal, so how could anybody possibly obtain them and use 'em in an illegal and irresponsible manner?

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
um... knives aren't mainly made for killing. knives are made for cutting.

guns aren't used for sewing or eating or anything... their sole purpose is to kill.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
See my sig. I propose a ban on driving in order to save 25 times the number killed in Iraq in the same time frame. Plus, it will solve ALOT of our gas issues ;)

manowar821

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2007
Tragedy is used by more people than just the bush administration to push a political agenda.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
linkie

No, that other boy should have had a gun so he could have shot him in defense! And he should have had a gun instead of a lame knife too, so they could have shot eachother!

Is that what you want to hear?

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: eits

guns aren't used for sewing or eating or anything... their sole purpose is to kill.

Guns are used for hunting animals , not people

Knives are for cutting, not stabbing people...

punchkin

Banned
Dec 13, 2007
linkie

Hmm, let's try creating a thread with stupid hyperbole first, then try confiscation.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: RichardE

guns were invented to kill people.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

Knives were invented to kill things.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

Really, so you're on the side of most anti-gun people then it sounds like? Only guns with the purpose of hunting animals should be legal. No handguns or automatic weapons. Ok, thanks for agreeing.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: miketheidiot

Knives were invented to kill things.

Actually knives were invented to cut and skin things after they were killed. Spears were what were used to kill and invented for such a purpose.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
There are six billion people on this world-the odds are pretty good that senseless tragedies like this happen frequently.

Manipulating such a tragedy to make a political point is both in very bad taste, as well as not being the least bit persuasive. OP should take note of the ineffectiveness, if not outright backfiring, of his posting.

Feb 6, 2007
If only he'd had a CCW, he could've shot him and saved himself some time!

If you idiots continue trying to use every single isolated tragedy as indicative of the need for broad sweeping reforms... well, I'll continue to ignore it, I guess.

And is P&N really the place for parody threads?

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001
drunk driving kills all kinds of people. man, i know how you feel. we should ban drunk driving.