12 Republicans vote against honoring Capitol police for protecting Congress

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
From what I recall the ones who gave an opinion on why they voted against it was they objected to the bill calling the insurrection an insurrection.

What in the actual fuck you want the bill to describe it as? A violent riot in an attempt to circumvent a constitutional process?

We have a word for that. Insurrection.

Nov 8, 2012
mmmmm delicious virtue signaling via using the tax dollars we pay for congress to be in Washington.

I thought the capital police were the entire reason it went as far as it did - they were fat, lazy, and taking selfies with the protestors?

Can you dumb twats make up your mind on which victimhood you're going for? It makes a big difference in what WAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE to call for you.`

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and ch33zw1z

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
mmmmm delicious virtue signaling via using the tax dollars we pay for congress to be in Washington.

I thought the capital police were the entire reason it went as far as it did - they were fat, lazy, and taking selfies with the protestors?

Can you dumb twats make up your mind on which victimhood you're going for? It makes a big difference in what WAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE to call for you.`
"I thought" is something I'm sure you will never be guilty of. Only in your mind the good and brave members of the capitol police are not deserving of any recognition.

The FBI will deal with the crooked ones. You can go back to tickling Ron Johnson's balls.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

I disagree with your assessment. Also, fuck off traitor.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Pretends to care about this stuff, weak trolls are weak.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

So tell me, whats it like to be an 8 year old in a 50 year old body?

Feb 4, 2009

Why can’t it be both. Hold those accountable who posed for selfies and possibly didn’t do their jobs right AND honor those who served honorably?
Why does it have to be an either or thing?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

The police taking selfies are one thing, but for the most part the problem was that there were too few of them to handle a riot. Those clips of officers letting people in? That's because they knew they'd be overwhelmed if they tried to fight back. As was later confirmed, the rioters were happy to attack officers.

Also, 'virtue signalling' is not a uniquely left-wing phenomenon, and bills like this neither consume a lot of energy nor should be terribly difficult to vote for. This clearly had broad bipartisan support; the only ones who didn't vote for it were, that I can see, diehard Trumpists who didn't like a spade being called a spade.

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Why would I honor someone for stopping me in my plans to overthrow the government?

Yep, from the story:
"All of the bill’s opponents, except for Massie, voted to object to state’s electoral votes in the presidential election in the hours after the insurrection. "

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well based on the fact that the election was stolen from Trump and the peaceful protesters who were allowed access inside the Capitol where they were given guided tours sponsored by Pres. Trump himself are patriotic Americans who were peacefully expressing their first amendment rights by lightheartedly and jokingly chanting death threats against certain politicians while redecorating and customizing certain features of the building au gratis and accepting free mementos of their visit to the Capitol, I'd say from that accurate and honest description of that day, those 12 Repubs and ONLY those 12 Repubs who voted no should be hailed as Heroes of the Motherland (or is it Fatherland?) for their courage in pointing out what was in actuality a plot to paint the peaceful gathering of loyal Americans as a riot perpetrated by antifa thugs.

/s

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
What violence? There was no violence. Only the violence of virtual imagined BLM's and Antifa's ...

Ok. Something is wrong here. Not only with Ron but this is the most recent glaring example. Who the hell is writing his materiel? Where is he getting this from? And who has a gun to his head to get him to say this crap out loud in front of a camera? Same shit with ex. Rand Poul?
Who is pushing their buttons? Its not Trump. He aint no player like that. Is it Russian kompromat? What the fuck is it????
Someone get a hold of Rons head of staff and get him/her to spill the beans... wtf is going on.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Real Patriots literally take shits on our capital. Those are the well intentioned and good Americans Ron Johnson is talking about!

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
"I thought" is something I'm sure you will never be guilty of. Only in your mind the good and brave members of the capitol police are not deserving of any recognition.

The FBI will deal with the crooked ones. You can go back to tickling Ron Johnson's balls.
Only way he could do that is if he has a tongue piercing

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Not quite 50 either but comparing myself to my friends of old it seems like I have a leg up on them... I contribute that to 30+ years of resistance training. Who knew. Use it or lose it.
The problem when you get to be my age, is that, you take a break, and everything goes to shit real fast. Plus making up for, oh 30 years of neglect doesn't help.

• Haha
Reactions: cytg111