EDUSAN

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2012
not interested :p

btw... did US change the hour? i was waiting for your post 1 hour ago

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Yes, we had daylight savings time over the weekend, we fell back an hour.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
I grabbed the GTA4 complete. I'm wondering if I should plug my controller in for this one?

mazeroth

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2006
I grabbed the GTA4 complete. I'm wondering if I should plug my controller in for this one?

Hell no! Keyboard and mouse, trust me. The aiming with a keyboard and mouse is an absolute must if you ask me. That's why they have "auto-lock" on consoles because you can't aim for shit.

Be ready for one of the best gaming experiences ever.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008

Keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine in GTA4, unless you really prefer a controller.

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
Wow, to play GTA4 I have to be logged into Steam, Games for Windows Live, and Rockstar Social Club all at the same time. I'm not one to complain about stuff like this... but jesus fucking christ.

EDIT: Now on update #2 of games for windows live. I've had to restart the game twice now to install all this crap.

EDIt 2: Games for windows live just stopped responding while updating. I've spent nearly an hour creating accounts, restarting and updating since the game was initially installed. I should have pirated this pos.

I'm sure the game is good but this is ridiculous.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
That version of Magic kinda sucks. The program works well but the AI is basic and the deck editing is shit.
The Microprose version of magic is superior in gameplay but only works properly under Win98.

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Wow, to play GTA4 I have to be logged into Steam, Games for Windows Live, and Rockstar Social Club all at the same time. I'm not one to complain about stuff like this... but jesus fucking christ.

EDIT: Now on update #2 of games for windows live. I've had to restart the game twice now to install all this crap.

EDIt 2: Games for windows live just stopped responding while updating. I've spent nearly an hour creating accounts, restarting and updating since the game was initially installed. I should have pirated this pos.

if you dont want the headache of gfwl you can use xliveless from here
note i have not personally tried it my self

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002

It could be worse, off and on all day I've tried to play it. Every time I've gotten a failed to contact key server error. Apparently this isn't uncommon with games on sale, all they say is you'll end up getting a key sooner or later. It's always nice to buy a game and be unable to play it.

Last edited:

Dahak

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
It could be worse, off and on all day I've tried to play it. Every time I've gotten a failed to contact key server error. Apparently this isn't uncommon with games on sale, all they say is you'll end up getting a key sooner or later. It's always nice to buy a game and be unable to play it.

I ran into the cant connect to key server as well, but thats ok for me at the moment. i cant really play until the weekend, but yes it is annoying.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
awesome the key thing has been fixed, now as soon as the game launches it crashes. AHHH Windows 8 how I love you so.

M0rphz0r

Jan 3, 2012
That version of Magic kinda sucks. The program works well but the AI is basic and the deck editing is shit.
The Microprose version of magic is superior in gameplay but only works properly under Win98.
I actually quite liked the MtG: Duels of the Planeswalkers games, despite their limitations, until I bought the latest expansion; now all the cards/decks I had unlocked have somehow become locked again. :(