Discussion 10mm Auto Reliability issues?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
And why is explaining that you mistakenly believe that I'm a terrorist the same thing as aiding and abetting a terrorist?

I think it's your penchant for creating multiple bang bang pew threads for every little question, instead of posting them in the very active, universal gun thread?

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I think it's your penchant for creating multiple bang bang pew threads for every little question, instead of posting them in the very active, universal gun thread?
Firearms are perfectly legal products for US Citizens to own. Liking them and owning them is not grounds for suspicion that someone is a terrorist.

Reactions: NesuD

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Firearms are perfectly legal products for US Citizens to own. Liking them and owning them is not grounds for suspicion that someone is a terrorist.
Woosh....zin is telling you that there's a gun thread, not calling you a terrorist. Olds is calling you a terrorist.

I just want to know is why you'd want 72 Virginians?

Last edited:
Reactions: zinfamous

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Football is a perfectly legal activity in the US, but you seem to have a raging issue about it and no cares whatsoever for shitting all over that topic.

what's your deal, bro?

Again: there is a very active gun thread. Why do you feel the need to post all of your little minor quibbling issues about guns (of which you don't own any--again, makes me wonder why you are "suddenly" extremely interested in the topic?) in new individual threads, when there exists a well-established resource for that in these forums, waiting there for you? You are constructing towering straw people and making irrelevant complaints about them.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Yes, definitely.

Send them all to me for proper disposal :unamused:

Tormac

Feb 3, 2011
I just noticed this post, whm1974. I own a couple Glock 10mms, and enjoy reloading 10mm.

Both of my Glocks cycle flawlessly. I shoot a wide range of ammunition ranging from commercial offerings to hand loads. On the commercial side of things I would recommend Underwood’s rounds, as well as Double Tap. I will say though that the 10mm is uncommon, and if you do like the round, the natural path is to start hand loading.

From the article, the thing that stands out to me is the person with the issues was using a $1,500 1911. I have a friend that loves his Kimber 1911s (in .45), and they are pretty guns, but comparing them to Glocks is like comparing a handmade Italian car to a Toyota. From what I have seen and read, some 1911’s run flawlessly, and some are frequent trouble. I suspect the issue with that article is not that it is a 10mm, but that the handgun was a relatively expensive 1911.

The only common issue that I have heard of frequent fail to cycle issues in 10mm handguns tend to be related to “limp wristing” the firearm. The 10mm has a reputation of a sharp recoil, but honestly I do not think it is a well-deserved one. But it may make some shooters a little timid at first and limp wrist the firearm.

The thing that drew me to the cartridge is that it has a very flexible nature. It can be loaded to heavyish subsonic rounds (I prefer either my own 200gr cast lead, or Nosler’s 200grain jacketed hollow points over blue dot power) or it can be loaded to light and fast rounds that approach .357 magnum loads (my preferred loads for this is Nosler’s 135gr jacketed hollow points over blue dot powder), and most anything in-between. Buffalo Bore and Double Tap both offer loads up to 230gr, although I have heard of issues with rounds that heavy key-holing.

If you want to talk shop about the 10mm cartridge, I would be happy to share my experiences. It is a versatile cartridge, good for hunting, large varmint control, and self-defense, depending on how nervous you are about lawyers.

I do not own a 1911 style handgun chambered in 10mm, so others might have to chime in with their experience, but I have been very happy with my Glocks. As long as you are shopping for a Toyota and not a Maserati, I would recommend the Glocks.

Reactions: NesuD and gill77

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Around here, 10mm isn't a big seller. Only saying that because of marketing. 9mm Luger is far more common....and then everyone wanting more stopping power tends to jump up to the .45 cal. rounds....usually in a 1911. It's a shame because 10mm is a good round...similar to .357, but doesn't travel as deep on impact.

If you had a 10mm revolver, you could shoot .40 cal. rounds in some...like a S&W 610.

Status
Not open for further replies.