1080p issues after upgrading card

ShYKaGe

Jan 20, 2011
I just replaced an AMD 5770 with a 6970 but now I am getting black borders around my screen. I don't understand why this would happen because my old video card didn't have this issue in 1080p.

I am also using the latest Catalyst drivers so there is no option to turn off overlay/GPU scaling.

Any help and/or tips would be greatly appreciated!

ShYKaGe

Jan 20, 2011
I'm using a Corsair AX 1200 and the 10.12 Cat drivers.

The only thing I switched out was the video card so I'm a little stumped as to why this is happening.

deimos3428

Mar 6, 2009
Were you using HDMI previously? I found when I went from DVI to HDMI I had a similar issue. If you're using CCC2, the setting should be under:

Start --> Desktops and Displays --> My Digital Flat-Panels --> Scaling Options (Digital Flat Panel). Set Overscan to 0%.

ShYKaGe

Jan 20, 2011
yes I am using HDMI and my previous setup also used HDMI. The only thing that has changed is the video card from my setup.

One thing I noticed is my desktop and all games I played still have the black border around the edges but I recently got into the Rift beta and that game uses the actual full screen.

I tried using CCC2 but I couldn't get it to work unfortunately.

cusideabelincoln

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2008
Try the latest drivers 11.1, and also make sure your monitor is set correctly. It probably has an "autoscan" option, so try using it.