108,000 DoD civilians would lose jobs under sequestration

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The income tax should be ended, its only to pay for social programs that dont work and cost the taxpayer way too much money. Anyone that avoids paying income taxes is a decent person

Nice retreat into denial, or perhaps you're just a very clumsy parody poster. Income taxes pay for a whole lot more than social programs.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown...-visualized-2012-budget-proposal-edition.html

Tomorrow, next week, or even later on today, you'll conveniently forget that information even exists in order to maintain your intellectually bankrupt core beliefs & your oh so satisfying sense of outrage.

Apr 27, 2012
Nice retreat into denial, or perhaps you're just a very clumsy parody poster. Income taxes pay for a whole lot more than social programs.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown...-visualized-2012-budget-proposal-edition.html

Tomorrow, next week, or even later on today, you'll conveniently forget that information even exists in order to maintain your intellectually bankrupt core beliefs & your oh so satisfying sense of outrage.

Thats because we have big government and other special interests wasting tax dollars

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
I thought it was a widely known fact that public workers make more than their private sector counterparts.How about capping the President's compensation at $39k/yr (that's what Dr. Paul proposed which is a ~91% cut) and capping all Federal workers' compensation at $50k/year while letting them be Federally tax exempt after cutting ~20% of the people currently on the federal payroll off completely? That's not ideal, but it wouldn't be a bad start.
How about not prohibiting society from enslaving both of those motherfuckers for life? :)

On the whole Federal employees do NOT make more than their private sector counterparts. Only certain groups in the bottom and the top make more than their private sector counterparts. Everyone in between makes less or equal to.

A lot of govt jobs are more or less veteran jobs programs.

Jobs that start out at $50k+ require Masters Degrees or higher, or a lot of specialized work experience, or are select LEO positions.

Those making six figures in the govt typically have 1 or more advanced degree and decades of specialized experience(in most cases a long careers worth). The exception to that are Congressional Staffers, White House Staffers, and Appointees. These people are just hustlers and they make up a tiny % of govt employees making six figures.

Last edited:

CLite

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2005
Well in my family we had to take a pay cut, so I see no reason why the Feds should not make cuts straignt accross the board on SS, Medicare, and Defense. Why do I get a pay cut and the slobs on ss DO NOT HAVE TO Suffer? So if the country is suffering those on the public dole should also have to suffer along with everyone else. I am not a Hindu, and I do not believe in Sacred Cows???

Let me get this straight.... a person who worked to the age of 65 paying into social security and has now retired is a slob?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Well in my family we had to take a pay cut, so I see no reason why the Feds should not make cuts straignt accross the board on SS, Medicare, and Defense. Why do I get a pay cut and the slobs on ss DO NOT HAVE TO Suffer? So if the country is suffering those on the public dole should also have to suffer along with everyone else. I am not a Hindu, and I do not believe in Sacred Cows???

My wife has worked odd jobs for the past 40 years while raising a family.

Yet now she is of age; she barely gets anything because her job was a housewife; enabling myself to earn the family income.
And she can not get her spousal share until I retire.