Question 100mm SLI HB bridge?

zigzag03

Dec 14, 2001
I'm trying to add a second 1080 to my Gigabyte Aorus GX-Z270X Gaming 5 mobo. I'd prefer to use the third graphics slot, instead of jamming the second card up tight to the first. The distance is 100mm and I can't find an HB bridge of that dimension. I can find flexible ones that claim to be high bandwidth, but they're cheap "overseas" amazon fodder and I am skeptical about performance. Anyone had any experience with this? Thanks

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
EVGA 100-2W-0026-LR or similar is what you're looking for.

Edit: My bad, you meant 5 slot and not 3 slot spacing. Keep in mind that the 3rd slot on that board only runs at PCIe3 x4, and shares bandwidth with the M.2 and runs at x2 if you have an M.2 SSD installed.
100mm ones seem very rare.

zigzag03

Dec 14, 2001
You are correct, I don't see any 100mm bridges that claim to be HB. Further reading indicates that the HB bridge may be problematic anyway. I'll just slip it in next to the first card and see what I get for temps. Based on reading, it seems there are only a few configs that will actually produce any significant frame rate gains without creating other problems anyway. I'm using it for iRacing in a triple screen all-gsync all-displayport array. My frame rates aren't too bad now, was just hoping for better. I'll do some experimenting. I'm going to grab a pair of those cheap flexible bridges and hope for the best!

Edit: Mr Teal you are actually correct in your part number. The two top graphics slots are 60mm apart. Nvidia calls this 3 slot, but evga calls this 1 slot.

SLIBridge.jpg

Take a look at this jpg. Very confusing!!

Last edited:

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Yeah, EVGA's system is garbage IMO. Slot to slot spacing like Nvidia uses is absolute. EVGA's system kind of depends on a 2 slot cooler, and is counterintuitive when you have things like a 2.5, 2.75 slot card.

If you're planning on using them for gaming, I think you need to use top two slots. SLI requires x8 at a minimum, so you won't be able to use SLI using that x4 electrical x16 physical slot on the bottom.

zigzag03

Dec 14, 2001
Agree, that's what the plan is, if i can track down the bridge. There's a couple on ebay at the moment, will see if I can score one. Thanks very much for you input.

MrTeal

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
No problem. Too bad about the spacing, I have the EVGA 0 spacing HB bridge that's been sitting on Kijiji for like half a year at $15 with no interest.