100,000 miles for AT

Page 205 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
8 mile solo turkey trot this morning. My hips still hurt pretty badly after last Sunday's marathon so I just jogged. 9:22 pace. :( Barely a month and a half until the 100K, no time to take off.

drteming

May 9, 2005
One mile jog to the start line of the turkey trot, 5K race, and one mile jog back home, so 5 miles total. Came in first overall, beating out a bunch of high school and college whipper-snappers.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
One mile jog to the start line of the turkey trot, 5K race, and one mile jog back home, so 5 miles total. Came in first overall, beating out a bunch of high school and college whipper-snappers.

Nice! Congrats my man!

9 miles today on the trails, I felt much better than I did yesterday. I wish every run could be on trails.

kevman

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001

+7 yesterday before turkey time. Banged the shit out of my knee against a subwoofer last night and it is freaking killing me today. Hopefully it goes away by tommorow.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Congrats on the win, drteming!! I ran for the first time since the marathon this morning. Woke up at 5:30 with the wife to run with her running group at the ungodly hour of 6:30am since they apparently wanted to meet me and I wanted to meet some of these people I'd been hearing stories about for so long. We ended up running a bit farther than I would have liked; around 10 miles. It was at a slow pace, but still, my legs are sore again now!

kevman

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
+7 today. looking to do another tough mudder type event again. If anyone can suggest one let me know.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Runs since I last posted:
+5
+8
+8
+8

Congrats to Mega and Scorch on their marathons, and DrTeming for the 5K win!

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Thanks Mursilis.

So who wants to read about my drama from my run yesterday? I'll let democracy decide if I should sully the waters of our beloved thread with that crap.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
First off, 6 miles tonight (10k actually).

Here is my drama:

So yesterday on my run at the state park, I was on the equine trails. I've run those trails a dozen times and only seen equestrians once. I was almost done with the portion of my run that had me on the Bronson Loop when I get a "Y" in the trail. I go right so I can get to the road and cross over to the main nature trail. At least 50ft. down the left side of the "Y" are two old women riding horses. Apparently I spooked one of the horses and these "ladies" got royally pissed at me. Both of them started cursing me immediately, so I said "I'm sorry, have a nice day" and turned to run off.

Well, one of them charged at me on her horse so she could confront me. Her horse stopped when it's nose was a yard from my face and she started in with "listen here you mother fucker you don't belong here, how dare you run up behind a horse like that. Go on the other side you asshole." Blah blah blah. I said "don't talk to me that way, y'all have a good day" again and took off running.

As I ran off I heard:

1. I hope you die mother fucker

2. You'll get yours asshole

3. I hope you get run over by a car

And some other stuff. I just waved my hand and shouted "bye ladies, have a nice day". But I was so pissed I actually stopped at the ranger station and reported them. I even drew them a map which jibed with the park map in the station. I left my name and number, too. I told them I didn't want to press charges (I was asked) but I was angry to be treated that way in the park I visit so often.

The senior ranger told me that even if I did spook a horse, they had absolutely no right to verbally assault me like they did and their behavior was completely inappropriate for a public park. I'm kinda hoping the bitches stopped to report me.

Yeah, so that's it. I'll be back Saturday morning hoping they show up. I'll have my iphone with me to record any shenanigans.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Wow, Mega, looks like you ran into some real winners there. I occassionally run into equestrians at Mendon Ponds, and while the majority of them are polite and cordial, there have been a few who get quite irate. I've never encountered anyone that belligerent though. I hate people who think they are entitled to everything and anyone who disrupts them is wrong. Obviously you had a right to be on that trail if the ranger agreed with you, so they are just idiots. Good for you for being the bigger person and not escalating it.

Oh yeah, and another 6 for me.

Megatomic

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Scorch, I was in the right to be there. Pedestrians have no restrictions on the trails in that park.

Thanks for listening to me whine.

drteming

May 9, 2005
7 today. Wimped out yesterday 'cause it was raining, spent 40 minutes on the elliptical watching SpongeBob SquarePants.