$10 to your child for memorizing 10 Commandments

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Trevelyan

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2000
Originally posted by: ness1469
It's funny how many people are saying this isn't worth the work, probably some of the same people who run all over town trying to price match to save $5 and wait by the mailbox for mail in rebates. ;)
Originally posted by: Trevelyan
Originally posted by: ValsalvaYourHeartOut Can my authorized witness be a Catholic priest accused of child molestation? Valsalva
rolleye.gif
You just had to sneek in a vindictive generalization to put down religion, didn't you?
You know, regardless of what you think of religion, or specifically the Catholic religion, I think you need to keep your mouth shut and you comments to yourself. This is very offensive to some people. If I had it my way, you would be banned for that comment, Valsalva. I, for one, am sick of all the catholic priest jokes and comments. In all seriousness, if I hear any more of it, I'm never coming back here. The only thing worse than what happened is someone making a JOKE of the situation, and probabaly thinking that it was really funny. I hope you laughed for a bit over it. I really do. Because maybe that will make it worth it, years down the road, when something bad happens to you and you can never live it down. Aside from that, I hope you laugh when you realize you are making jokes at the misfortune of children who were molested. Is that really funny? Would you like to see someone make fun of your children, had they been molested? I doubt it. You need to be more considerate of other people. Your comment had nothing to do with a hot deal, and while mine doesn't either, at least it's worth saying. Edit: Sorry Trevelyan

Heh no problem at all :)

Originally posted by: ness1469
Okay, I looked at the wrong name. I'm sorry for that. I'll fix it. Any way, Valsalva... You are a hypocrite. You say "this post is just another means of spreading the word.." but I suppose you don't realize that your post is nothing more than trying to spread your own word. The title of this thread can easily give you the impression that religious elements are involved, and if you are offended by that, then you shouldn't have clicked the link, looked into it enough to find out anything about it, etc etc. If you are offended by it, then you should realize that offending me still isn't acceptable. two wrongs don't make a right. There was no need to offend me or anyone else. you have NO good reason to come in here and make fun of people, and being atheist (I assume you are) does not give you the right to be rude. I know what went on with the Catholic priest thing. I know how big it was, etc. etc. It still doesn't make it okay for you to be a jerk about it. Whether you like to think it's true or not, you are making jokes at the expense of those poor children. Well stated. Valsalva, regardless of your feelings about religion, this is not the place to express them. You're simply starting a religious flame war in a thread posted by jokersmoker, who has a LONG history of posting deals of all types. It would be understandable if this were a "free bible" thread, but if you consider the source, it doesn't make sense to accuse him of abusing the Hot Deals section to push religious views. On the other hand, that's exactly what you've done here. Keep your religious views, and your questionable jokes, out of Hot Deals. (and don't push this issue, because I agree with the sentiment that you should have been given time off for this incident. Fortunately for you, I happen to be the "religious tolerance and freedom of expression mod".) Anandtech Moderator

:)