10 classic video games from the 80's that most of Millennials probably haven’t played

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Was struggling to get though and fitin though middle and high school, not so carefree and fun for me.

Played a few of them, I guess many of these games were proprietary and available on certain platforms only, no wonder they were not played by many. Contra is the only one played by me

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
yeah anyone wanna copy/paste the list? definitely not giving them 10 clicks to see a list of 10

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Only one of those I played was Lode Runner. The original version on the Apple II had 150 levels and no save game. Beating it was a chore, I had to pause it and leave it running for several days to clear all the levels. But I'm not sure I've ever had more fun with a game, it was the perfect mix of joystick dexterity and puzzle solving. Most of the levels had to be carefully thought through and timing was crucial to success.

ControlD

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2005
yeah anyone wanna copy/paste the list? definitely not giving them 10 clicks to see a list of 10

Bubble Bobble
Wrecking Crew
Contra
Adventures of Lolo
Castlevania
Lode Runner
Mega Man 2
Tecmo Bowl
Double Dragon
Ninja Gaiden

Blah.

Mar 10, 2005
that not a list of classic games, it's an f'ing ad for nintendo eshop.

this severely damages the credibility of video game journalism. worst article ever.

score: 9.5 / 10

Mar 11, 2004
that not a list of classic games, it's an f'ing ad for nintendo eshop.

this severely damages the credibility of video game journalism. worst article ever.

score: 9.5 / 10

That is "journalism" these days. Seriously. I don't know why people keep buying into the trash that is modern journalism. I hear people bitch about the media incessantly yet they still just gobble up all the shit they can from it.

There was an article on Cracked about some Bloomberg blog that shilled for this one dipshit's buttered coffee that he claims will make you super healthy.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-warning-signs-advertising-disguised-as-articles/

Cracked is weird in that they actually rose to popularity using a lot of the same tactics, but they actually check things more often. And they're a fucking comedy site, yet they do more fact checking than a lot of the mainstream media that has adopted the new journalism. It's fucking sad.

Mar 11, 2004
Was struggling to get though and fitin though middle and high school, not so carefree and fun for me.

Played a few of them, I guess many of these games were proprietary and available on certain platforms only, no wonder they were not played by many. Contra is the only one played by me

If by "not many" to mean millions of people that did play them...

It's just a clickbait article to point out how Millennials didn't grow up with the NES.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
That is "journalism" these days. Seriously. I don't know why people keep buying into the trash that is modern journalism. I hear people bitch about the media incessantly yet they still just gobble up all the shit they can from it.

There was an article on Cracked about some Bloomberg blog that shilled for this one dipshit's buttered coffee that he claims will make you super healthy.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-warning-signs-advertising-disguised-as-articles/

Cracked is weird in that they actually rose to popularity using a lot of the same tactics, but they actually check things more often. And they're a fucking comedy site, yet they do more fact checking than a lot of the mainstream media that has adopted the new journalism. It's fucking sad.

Thing is a lot of them are nostalgia appeals, but nostalgia as we know it is changing. The older millennial like myself are going to be the last generation to actually lose some entertainment to the past, everything post-youtube is on the internet somewhere. 80 years from now kids who are born today won't feel nostalgic for TV shows and games from 80 years ago, because they'll almost all still be readily available. :p

88keys

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2012
The author of this article clearly doesn't know what a 'millennial' is.

The generally speaking the oldest millennial would be about 33 years old now and would most likely have had an opportunity to play those games while they were new.

I'm younger than that and I've played most of the games on that list.

sao123

Lifer
May 27, 2002
Bubble Bobble
Wrecking Crew
Contra
Adventures of Lolo
Castlevania
Lode Runner
Mega Man 2
Tecmo Bowl
Double Dragon
Ninja Gaiden

Blah.

What a terrible list... (missing are:)
Donkey Kong
Space Invaders
Empire Strikes Back
River Raid
Asteroids
Pitfall
Defender
Frogger
Berzerk
Yars Revenge

Super Mario Bothers 3
The Legend of Zelda
Mike Tysons Punchout
Super Tecmo Bowl
RBI Baseball
Ice Hockey
Blades of Steel
Pro Wrestling
gradius
Bionic Commando
Guerilla Wars
Iron Tank

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
Bubble Bobble
Wrecking Crew
Contra
Adventures of Lolo
Castlevania
Lode Runner
Mega Man 2
Tecmo Bowl
Double Dragon
Ninja Gaiden

Blah.

I've never even heard of: Bubble Bobble, Wrecking Crew, or Adventures of Lolo.

Of the ones left I only played Contra and Double Dragon.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Most of these are available as downloadable titles. Or have been remastered, remade, updated.

Bubble Bobble
Wrecking Crew
Contra
Adventures of Lolo
Castlevania
Lode Runner
Mega Man 2
Tecmo Bowl
Double Dragon
Ninja Gaiden

Also, they did not age well.