10/25/11 Steam Midweek Madness: Back To the Future 60% off, Grid 75% off

zerogear

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2000
How is Back to the Future? Is it an extension of the story or just a replay of the movie?

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
They're extra stories. You'd probably have to enjoy the point and click adventure games to like it.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
If you're a fan of the franchise, it's a continuation off the movies. It's simply an adventure game but has high production values. I only played the first part (from the above), but might pick up the rest now.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
$3.74 is a retardedly good deal for one of the best racing games available on PC.

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
Grid is fantastic, but the way it puts ice under your wheels when your in the lead can be frustrating at times. Several times I've been finally leading a race by a good margin only to spin out unexplicably.

But yes - if you like driving games it's an absolute must-buy.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Grid is fantastic, but the way it puts ice under your wheels when your in the lead can be frustrating at times. Several times I've been finally leading a race by a good margin only to spin out unexplicably.

If I had a dollar for every time I've lost control and spun out in GRID, I'd be a rich man. Over time I've deduced that it has little to do with the game and more to do with me simply being bad at it.

For a long time, half of my spin-outs were a consequence of me constantly trying to use the handbrake to pull off drifts. Eventually I realized that GRID isn't an arcade game and you can't just pull of perfect drifts at the press of a button.

In fact, I learned that you really shouldn't be drifting much at all. As soon as I took the game more seriously and actually slowed down properly at corners, I instantly became more successful.

Yeah... that's what happens when you go from playing Trackmania over to playing GRID. :$

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I've heard good things about the BTTF games. Most of the main voices are the original actors. Might add that to my massive steam collection as I'll probably get to it eventually.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005

But yes - if you like driving games it's an absolute must-buy.
I've never had this problem.