Galactic Civilizations 2 $4.99 75% off
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion $9.99 75% off
The Political Machine 2012 $0.99 75% off

Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes $9.99 75% off
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes DLC $2.49 each 50% off

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Ooh, Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes 75% off, I think that's a new lowest price for this. I may have to bite.

Patre

May 29, 2013
I haven't played any fantasy/strategy games yet, but Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes looks like a good one......it also got very good reviews at Metacritic.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
I haven't played any fantasy/strategy games yet, but Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes looks like a good one......it also got very good reviews at Metacritic.

I bought it last night. I only had time to go through the tutorial, but it looks promising so far. Hopefully I can play an actual game this evening.

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
Ooh, Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes 75% off, I think that's a new lowest price for this. I may have to bite.

You should. It's simply awesome. A bit wierd at first but after the first couple of turns in you'll get the hang of it.

Stardock really fleshed out this franchise and Heroes is the best of the line.

If you love Civ games mixed with exploration, questing, army building, fantasy themed, you'll LOVE this!

Patre

May 29, 2013
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes $9.99 75% off
Fallen Enchantress $7.49 75% off
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes DLC $2.49 each 50% off

I'm a bit confused on which ones to get when Steam offers them seperately. For instance, some of the older versions don't get as good reviews as the newer versions and, at purchase time I'm not sure if I'd be wasting money on getting an older/orignal version.

I recently bought Sniper Elite and Sniper Elite 2 (haven't played them yet), but I sorta impulsively got both as I really didn't know any better (and didn't want to miss out on either). ;)

Generally, are the second versions (of most games) the same storyline (with more enhancments) of the first, or a brand new storyline with fixes that were encountered in the first version?

Is there a benefit to DLC?

I apologize for these noob questions, but I really don't know.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
Patre, this game series has kind of an interesting history behind it. In 2010, Stardock released a game called Elemental: War of Magic. It was widely criticized and panned for various problems, and in a rare display of corporate contrition, the Stardock CEO stepped up and admitted they screwed up, apologized for the state of the game, and promised to make it better with patches (which they did somewhat). Then, they released a followup game in 2012 called Fallen Enchantress (aka Elemental: Fallen Enchantress) which they also gave for free to the original purchasers of Elemental. In May 2013, they released the sequel to Fallen Enchantress which is Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. So FE:LH is essentially the third game in this series. By all reports, each game is better than the previous one.

I can't tell you anything about the plot since I haven't played any of them, but if you just want to get the "best" version of the game, get FE:LH. If you are absolutely OCD about being a completionist, then maybe you want all three. :)

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
Just get Legendary Heroes and skip the others.

There's a campaign mode that act like a tutorial in each games and I think (really not sure about this) that they have some kind of stuff in common but nothing major.

The game concept is similar to Civ where you choose your starting faction and the game generate a random map which you can choose some variables like size, ressources quantity, etc.

Legendary Heroes os the most fleshed out game from the series and it's a pure gem.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
There is not much of a plot but I enjoy the last two. It is a much simplifieid version of civ; you build citiies recruite armies and conquer the world. The plus side is quests (though they are simplisitic) and heroes; the negative is virtually no diploymacy (if that is your cup of tea) and the cities are simplistic.
-
But as i said simple or complex i find it enjoyable. Btw it is strictly single player (but I think that was obvious). No clue what they will do next - kind of wish they used hexagon or octagon instead of squares for combat.

Pheran

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2001
But as i said simple or complex i find it enjoyable. Btw it is strictly single player (but I think that was obvious). No clue what they will do next - kind of wish they used hexagon or octagon instead of squares for combat.

I don't know how they could have used octagons since those don't tile.

Patre

May 29, 2013
Patre, this game series has kind of an interesting history behind it. In 2010, Stardock released a game called Elemental: War of Magic. It was widely criticized and panned for various problems, and in a rare display of corporate contrition, the Stardock CEO stepped up and admitted they screwed up, apologized for the state of the game, and promised to make it better with patches (which they did somewhat). Then, they released a followup game in 2012 called Fallen Enchantress (aka Elemental: Fallen Enchantress) which they also gave for free to the original purchasers of Elemental. In May 2013, they released the sequel to Fallen Enchantress which is Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. So FE:LH is essentially the third game in this series. By all reports, each game is better than the previous one.

I can't tell you anything about the plot since I haven't played any of them, but if you just want to get the "best" version of the game, get FE:LH. If you are absolutely OCD about being a completionist, then maybe you want all three. :)

Thanks Pheran for the detailed info.....I appreciate it.

Looks like FE:LH is going to be the one!! :D

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Btw has anyone tried the DLC for FE:LH ? Any of them worth buying ?