10-16-08 'Joe the Plumber' does not have plumbing license

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
There are really four independent entities involved here.

1. Joe himself

2. Obama

3. The McCain campaign

4. The media.

But it all started when Joe came out of the crowd and asked a somewhat loaded question of Obama, As he basically said I want to buy a business and your tax plan will raise my taxes will it not? Unless we want to assume Joe was a plant, I think something about the question grabbed both Obama and the nation, and Obama then proceeded to give a very impressive, off the cuff, five minute answer including correctly citing
small business statistics. On the surface, yes, Joe may or may not see a tax increase once the income went past $250,000, but, sadly, when it came to the other deeper question, Obama, did not do a good job of demonstrating to Joe that some wealth redistribution would be needed or there would not be a enough healthy customer base able to afford Joe's services.

But given Joe's stubborn insistence that I work hard, I ought to be rich, and the less I am taxed, the better off I am surface argument which says tax the other guy, McCain took one look at the video. and fell in love
with the simplistic, while ignoring the complexities of the tax code. Because if we do not tax the rich, it simply means the middle class will have to cough up a greater percentage of Federal spending.

At the same time, it grabbed the attention of the national media, and sadly, they did some investigating, and ole Joe is not quite as noble as he seems now. As the media found the skeletons is his closet. Ant assertion that Obama siced the liberal media on Joe is absurd, the media is doing what the media always does, they check things out. What do we want the media to do? Lie about it? Its simply sadly part of the truth.

But still, and it as not quite as simple, Joe has asked a simple question that goes to the heart of a very complex national tax policy. And in all the swirling personalities, the answers, both pro and con, should not be missed. Because Joe is screwed without enough customers able to afford his services.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Again for the moron CAD - your posts are in plain sight. You hammer Obama and excuse McCain. There are only 2 horses in this race and you're beating one to death.

You can keep lying if you wish but there are more than 2 people in this race despite what you blind followers wish to claim.

There's only 2 that have a shot at winning and you've spent the better part of this year hammering on Obama. You can spin it all you like but your motivations are quite clear.

You are a mindless fool if you think there are only 2 choices and if you think I'm supporting McCain just because I blast BHO. I swear you people have your blinders on so tight, it's affecting brain function. Sheesh.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Now it was on CNN this morning that he has no license but is working toward one and does owe back taxes. I think McCain will stop mentioning joe the guy who doesn't pay taxes now.

Nope

Sarah is in Ohio now and still using poor criminal scofflaw Joe as a pawn.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
scofflaw is hereby nominated for the ATP&N word of the day.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: jbourne77
I told my wife last night after the debate "I give Joe two days before the left rips his asshole in two".

You fuckers did it in less that 24 hours. Your moms must be proud.

Take it up with the media. They're the same ones that said Obama wants to teach sex-ed to K-schoolers and Palin's daughter really had her baby. Plumber Joe isn't blameless either. He followed up his 'question' to Obama on Fox News taking more shots at him. Considering the detailed response Obama gave Joe when he asked the question the lack of respect shown in the Fox interview was disgusting.

What cracks me up about this place - which is full of jackass hacks from all corners and all parties - is so self-righteous when it comes to the "dirty politics" of the right. You guys complain about negative ads, hate, swiftboating, etc., but you guys get your hands just as dirty and your heads just as low as anyone else.

The last few days around here have absolutely disgusted me. It's one thing to disagree on the grounds of politics and values, but a lot of people here are just plain animals and outright sons of bitches.

lol @ Robor trying to pass the leftist smearing off on the "media". But when there are "smears" on BHO - it's from the rovian right.... :roll:
F'n blinded BHO apologists...

Reading comprehension? Bolded to point out I said the media smears both sides.

reality check? It was the left who trotted out the Palin baby thing. Yes, the media picked it up but it was originally a fringe left rumor that the MSM bought into...because they are so good at fact checking.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I told my wife last night after the debate "I give Joe two days before the left rips his asshole in two".

Take it up with the media. They're the same ones that said Obama wants to teach sex-ed to K-schoolers and Palin's daughter really had her baby. Plumber Joe isn't blameless either. He followed up his 'question' to Obama on Fox News taking more shots at him. Considering the detailed response Obama gave Joe when he asked the question the lack of respect shown in the Fox interview was disgusting.

What cracks me up about this place - which is full of jackass hacks from all corners and all parties - is so self-righteous when it comes to the "dirty politics" of the right. You guys complain about negative ads, hate, swiftboating, etc., but you guys get your hands just as dirty and your heads just as low as anyone else.

The last few days around here have absolutely disgusted me. It's one thing to disagree on the grounds of politics and values, but a lot of people here are just plain animals and outright sons of bitches.

lol @ Robor trying to pass the leftist smearing off on the "media". But when there are "smears" on BHO - it's from the rovian right.... :roll:

reality check? It was the left who trotted out the Palin baby thing. Yes, the media picked it up but it was originally a fringe left rumor that the MSM bought into...because they are so good at fact checking.

BS.

It was McCain and Palin herself putting her family forward as part of her "qualifications".

Don't use that as a foundation for your campaign when your foundation is built on sand.

Gimme a break.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Uh oh...Joe got his shit aired out nationally.

Owes $1200 in back taxes.

Had a civil judgment filed against him for another $1200 by a hospital.

He is a registered Repug.

He has lived in both Arizona and Alaska.

He is NOT a licensed plumber.

His name isn't Joe, it's Sam.

He would be taxed less under Obama's tax plan, since he only makes under $40,000/year, and the plumbing business he wants to buy makes under $100,000/year.

When asked:

And on the war in Iraq, which McCain has strongly supported: ?I?m not sorry we?re in Iraq. ... It?s made us safer. I absolutely believe that.?

"Joe" is a grade-A all-American douchy piece of shit, with a close resemblance to his masters John and Sarah.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: jpeyton

He would be taxed less under Obama's tax plan, since he only makes under $40,000/year, and the plumbing business he wants to buy makes under $100,000/year.

When asked:

And on the war in Iraq, which McCain has strongly supported: ?I?m not sorry we?re in Iraq. ... It?s made us safer. I absolutely believe that.?

"Joe" is a grade-A all-American douchy piece of shit, with a close resemblance to his masters John and Sarah.

Looks like he planted himself.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
If you put yourself up as the "typical American," you'd better be sure all your ducks are in a row and have no skeletons in the closet, because the media is dammed sure gonna check you out more thoroughly than your proctologist...

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Again for the moron CAD - your posts are in plain sight. You hammer Obama and excuse McCain. There are only 2 horses in this race and you're beating one to death.

You can keep lying if you wish but there are more than 2 people in this race despite what you blind followers wish to claim.

There's only 2 that have a shot at winning and you've spent the better part of this year hammering on Obama. You can spin it all you like but your motivations are quite clear.

You are a mindless fool if you think there are only 2 choices and if you think I'm supporting McCain just because I blast BHO. I swear you people have your blinders on so tight, it's affecting brain function. Sheesh.

Cad you just repeated what you already said. I didn't say there were 2 choices. I said there were only 2 choices that have a chance in winning. People can rant or praise Barr, Paul, etc all they want but in the end it's not going to make a bit of difference in this election because the result will be Obama or McCain.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BoomerD
If you put yourself up as the "typical American," you'd better be sure all your ducks are in a row and have no skeletons in the closet, because the media is dammed sure gonna check you out more thoroughly than your proctologist...

Welcome to 24/7/365 TV and radio. They gotta get viewers/listeners to sell that ad space.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Dari

When asked:

Looks like he planted himself.

Along with his own credibility and his usefulness as a right wing poster child. In fact, all he's good for, now, is as a verbal piñata. :laugh:

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
the whole mccain campaign and republican machine is a joke. the sad part is there are still tons of idiots who believe this crap

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Andrew Sullivan owns righty wingnut Michelle Malkin's hypocrisy:

http://andrewsullivan.theatlan...kin-then-and.html#more

Malkin, Now And Then

On the press and "Joe The Plumber":

"...a dirty, desperate war against Joe Wurzelbacher is on. The left?s political plumbers are attacking the messenger, rummaging through his personal life and predictably wielding the race card once again. It?s standard operating procedure for the Obama thug machine. ... Left-wing blogs immediately went to work, blaring headlines like ?Not A Real $250k Plumber!? Next, they falsely accused Wurzelbacher of not being registered to vote?he?s registered in Lucas County, Ohio, and voted as a Republican in this year?s primary. ..."

In 2007, on the kid called Graeme Frost, cited by Democrats in defense of S-CHIP:

"A word for all the faux outraged leftists accusing conservative bloggers of waging a ?smear campaign:? Asking questions and subjecting political anecdotes to scrutiny are what journalists should be doing.

When a family and Democrat political leaders drag a child down to Washington at 6 in the morning to read a script written by Senate Democrat staffers on a crusade to overturn a presidential veto, someone might have questions about the family?s claims. The newspapers don?t want to do their jobs. The vacuum is being filled. If you don?t want questions, don?t foist these children onto the public stage."

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: ayabe

BS.

It was McCain and Palin herself putting her family forward as part of her "qualifications".

Don't use that as a foundation for your campaign when your foundation is built on sand.

Gimme a break.

Wrong. You fringe leftists went nuts with the Palin's daughter's baby thing(saying Palin was covering for her daughter's pregnancy. Are you really that memory impaired?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Cad you just repeated what you already said. I didn't say there were 2 choices. I said there were only 2 choices that have a chance in winning. People can rant or praise Barr, Paul, etc all they want but in the end it's not going to make a bit of difference in this election because the result will be Obama or McCain.

So then why do you ASSume that I'm going to vote for McCain when I've repeatedly stated I'm not - just because I bash BHO(deservedly so).

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

When asked:

Looked into BHO's campaign treasurer's tax issues yet? :laugh:

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Oh my God... Joe the Plumber goes by his middle name and not his first name! CRUCIFY THE FUCKING BASTARD!!!!!!!! DOWN WITH THESE MIDDLE-NAME-USING IMPOSTORS!!!!!!!!

(wake me up when it's Madonna's turn)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

So then why do you ASSume that I'm going to vote for McCain when I've repeatedly stated I'm not - just because I bash BHO(deservedly so).
Yep you sound as if you get all your talking points from Sarah Palin.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

When asked:

Because lumping you into the McSame/Repug crowd, as they call it, makes it much easier for them to use their canned, tired attacks. Their newsletters don't spell out strategies or talking points for dealing with those of us who don't fit into a neat little niche.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

When asked:

Because lumping you into the McSame/Repug crowd, as they call it, makes it much easier for them to use their canned, tired attacks. Their newsletters don't spell out strategies or talking points for dealing with those of us who don't fit into a neat little niche.

If he isn't supporting McCain, whey does he respond to post blasting McCain by talking about Obama?

Kind of flies in the face of his 'above the fray' rhetoric. Hey I can say that I'm a neutral, dispassionate observer too. Isn't this fun?

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Blackjack200

When asked:

If he isn't supporting McCain, whey does he respond to post blasting McCain by talking about Obama?

Kind of flies in the face of his 'above the fray' rhetoric. Hey I can say that I'm a neutral, dispassionate observer too. Isn't this fun?

Several reasons: there are far more Obama supporters here than McCain; in fact, you can't even question Obama without getting ass raped - usually in the context of McCain, of course. Two, much of the mud being slung is extremely hypocritical. Again, more Obama supporters = more hypocrisy from the left (vs from the right). Three, CAD (and myself) are right-leaning, so while we may not be voting for McCain, we're certainly not excited about Obama. Yet, we're attacked in the context of McCain. Still.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Originally posted by: zoiks
So let me get this right. Joe the plumber is neither Joe nor a plumber?

/confused.

Well, he's not a licensed plumber, I'm sure of that.