10-16-08 'Joe the Plumber' does not have plumbing license

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
Originally posted by: jbourne77
Originally posted by: Robor
I told my wife last night after the debate "I give Joe two days before the left rips his asshole in two".

You fuckers did it in less that 24 hours. Your moms must be proud.

Take it up with the media. They're the same ones that said Obama wants to teach sex-ed to K-schoolers and Palin's daughter really had her baby. Plumber Joe isn't blameless either. He followed up his 'question' to Obama on Fox News taking more shots at him. Considering the detailed response Obama gave Joe when he asked the question the lack of respect shown in the Fox interview was disgusting.

What cracks me up about this place - which is full of jackass hacks from all corners and all parties - is so self-righteous when it comes to the "dirty politics" of the right. You guys complain about negative ads, hate, swiftboating, etc., but you guys get your hands just as dirty and your heads just as low as anyone else.

The last few days around here have absolutely disgusted me. It's one thing to disagree on the grounds of politics and values, but a lot of people here are just plain animals and outright sons of bitches.

Yup.

They are called Republicans

Correction: they're called "egotistical extremists", and they exist everywhere.

You are exactly what I'm talking about. You're so hateful that you can't even see you're a core component of the problem.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: charrison
Now it was on CNN this morning that he has no license but is working toward one and does owe back taxes. I think McCain will stop mentioning joe the guy who doesn't pay taxes now.

This really does not change the story in any way. Obama's answer was not about higher taxes to pay for government, but higher taxes to spread the wealth around.

The fact that joe does not have a license and probably will not need one until he owns a plumbing business. I have little doubt he probably works for a licenses company. And the fact that he owes back taxes is also not relevent to the discussion, a lot of people owe back taxes.
It's relevant not because it changes the message itself but because it makes the figurehead of the argument untenable.
Quoted and bolded for truth.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: DAPUNISHER
Now it was on CNN this morning that he has no license but is working toward one and does owe back taxes. I think McCain will stop mentioning joe the guy who doesn't pay taxes now.

This really does not change the story in any way. Obama's answer was not about higher taxes to pay for government, but higher taxes to spread the wealth around.

The fact that joe does not have a license and probably will not need one until he owns a plumbing business. I have little doubt he probably works for a licenses company. And the fact that he owes back taxes is also not relevent to the discussion, a lot of people owe back taxes.
It's relevant not because it changes the message itself but because it makes the figurehead of the argument untenable.

This is quite possibly the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

All of you know - damn well, I might add - that if Joe had confronted McCain at one of his rallies instead, you would be laughing your ****ing ASSES off at the notion that a lack of a license and back taxes has ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING.

Which brings me back around to my original point. This place isn't interested in any real discussion. Everyone just wants to further their own agenda, and they'll throw whoever (Joe) or whatever (their dignity) on the fire to do it.

This smear campaign started the moment Obama showed a little nervousness in the face of a tough question. How dare that ignorant, tax evading, unlicensed son of a bitch!!!

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: her209
The trifecta would be if Joe's employer hired illegal immigrants.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your mindset, since Joe's 15 minutes started ticking, is "how can we derail, discredit, and smear this guy."

Now you're openly clamoring for ammo.

It's not that you instinctively think he's a bad person, it's that your knee-jerk reaction is that he rattled your guy a little so it's time to sick the dogs on him.

You people are top shelf.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Your mindset, since Joe's 15 minutes started ticking, is "how can we derail, discredit, and smear this guy."

It's not that you instinctively think he's a bad person, it's that your knee-jerk reaction is that he rattled your guy a little so it's time to sick the dogs on him.

Wrong it's to discredit McCain's Campaign. How lucky we are that we have an outstanding individual such as yourself to come here and set us straight by discrediting, derailing and smearing us.:roll:

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
I told my wife last night after the debate "I give Joe two days before the left rips his asshole in two".

Take it up with the media. They're the same ones that said Obama wants to teach sex-ed to K-schoolers and Palin's daughter really had her baby. Plumber Joe isn't blameless either. He followed up his 'question' to Obama on Fox News taking more shots at him. Considering the detailed response Obama gave Joe when he asked the question the lack of respect shown in the Fox interview was disgusting.

What cracks me up about this place - which is full of jackass hacks from all corners and all parties - is so self-righteous when it comes to the "dirty politics" of the right. You guys complain about negative ads, hate, swiftboating, etc., but you guys get your hands just as dirty and your heads just as low as anyone else.

The last few days around here have absolutely disgusted me. It's one thing to disagree on the grounds of politics and values, but a lot of people here are just plain animals and outright sons of bitches.

Yup.

They are called Republicans

Correction: they're called "egotistical extremists", and they exist everywhere.

You are exactly what I'm talking about. You're so hateful that you can't even see you're a core component of the problem.
:thumbsup:

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Wrong it's to discredit McCain's Campaign. How lucky we are that we have an outstanding individual such as yourself to come here and set us straight by discrediting, derailing and smearing us.:roll:

You guys are so busy lathering each other up, someone has to do it. You're not discrediting McCain's campaign, you're smearing an individual. It's a shame you can't see the difference.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

You guys are so busy lathering each other up, someone has to do it. You're not discrediting McCain's campaign, you're smearing an individual. It's a shame you can't see the difference.
No it's a shame you can't see the difference. It's also a shame that you take what's posted in this forum so seriously. A lot of you guys on either side of the political spectrum post stuff in this forum that you'd never utter in person, especially to someone who holds a differing opinion. Take it with a grain of salt and try not to take yourself so seriously, trust me, nobody else takes blowhards like you seriously here.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005

No it's a shame you can't see the difference. It's also a shame that you take what's posted in this forum so seriously. A lot of you guys on either side of the political spectrum post stuff in this forum that you'd never utter in person, especially to someone who holds a differing opinion. Take it with a grain of salt and try not to take yourself so seriously, trust me, nobody else takes blowhards like you seriously here.

No, we're the blowhards, he's the island of objectivity and sanity in the river of chaos and shit that is P&N. About 3/4 of this posts are about how it's impossible to have a real discussion here and how everyone is so lefty biased and illogical.

Yet...he...keeps...coming...back. Which seems pretty illogical to me, but hey, I'm insane.

As to Joe the Plumber, there's absolutely no need to investigate his history, Joe as a person is irrelevant to the campaign, it's the idea of a Joe the Plumber than is fair to discuss. Attacking a private citizen like this is pretty lame. But if Joe keeps going on TV giving interviews then he should have expected no less.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

No it's a shame YOU can't see th... never mind. Lost cause.

ANYWAY...

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: jonks

No, we're the blowhards, he's the island of objectivity and sanity in the river of chaos and shit that is P&N. About 3/4 of this posts are about how it's impossible to have a real discussion here and how everyone is so lefty biased and illogical.

Yet...he...keeps...coming...back. Which seems pretty illogical to me, but hey, I'm insane.

There are about four people here on the right. Countless on the left. That's why the left gets my attention. But you already knew that, right?

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001

This is quite possibly the dumbest argument I've ever heard.

All of you know - damn well, I might add - that if Joe had confronted McCain at one of his rallies instead, you would be laughing your ****ing ASSES off at the notion that a lack of a license and back taxes has ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING.

Which brings me back around to my original point. This place isn't interested in any real discussion. Everyone just wants to further their own agenda, and they'll throw whoever (Joe) or whatever (their dignity) on the fire to do it.

This smear campaign started the moment Obama showed a little nervousness in the face of a tough question. How dare that ignorant, tax evading, unlicensed son of a bitch!!!
I have no party, but I also have little tolerance for disingenuous poster boys.

The McCain campaign has been a veritable comedy of errors. There were thousands and thousands of guys named Joe he could have picked, all would have been entirely genuine, why Sam? Hell, even if he goes by his middle name Joe, many do go by their middle name, they only chose him to be a poster boy of the average Joe.

My philosophy on this one is simple, don't step up if you aren't ready to be smacked down. Joe stepped up, he is getting smacked around pretty hard now, but he will profit off this long run.

And in my own defense, I was one of the people posting here how admirable it was of Mac to correct the old woman at his rally that called Obama an Arab. I like Mac, if he didn't choose Palin, I'd of ended up voting for him.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Again for the moron CAD - your posts are in plain sight. You hammer Obama and excuse McCain. There are only 2 horses in this race and you're beating one to death.

You can keep lying if you wish but there are more than 2 people in this race despite what you blind followers wish to claim.

There's only 2 that have a shot at winning and you've spent the better part of this year hammering on Obama. You can spin it all you like but your motivations are quite clear.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

lol @ Robor trying to pass the leftist smearing off on the "media". But when there are "smears" on BHO - it's from the rovian right.... :roll:
F'n blinded BHO apologists...

Reading comprehension? Bolded to point out I said the media smears both sides.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: jonks

As to Joe the Plumber, there's absolutely no need to investigate his history, Joe as a person is irrelevant to the campaign, it's the idea of a Joe the Plumber than is fair to discuss. Attacking a private citizen like this is pretty lame. But if Joe keeps going on TV giving interviews then he should have expected no less.

Exactly. The guy went on a Fox News - which of course cut out a majority of the detailed answer he received - and railed on Obama. Does he not expect a response from them?

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

And I have little tolerance for idiotic one-liners being passed off as legitimate defenses for illegitimate attacks.

My philosophy on this one is simple, don't step up if you aren't ready to be smacked down. Joe stepped up, he is getting smacked around pretty hard now, but he will profit off this long run.

Joe had concerns over his taxes, and Obama had to wrap it up with a fairly pathetic "well, we have to spread the wealth around." He was backed in a corner and had to squirm out of it, and it pissed you all off seeing your golden boy in such a compromising position. Now, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of going after Obama on that (he was merely put on the spot and simply didn't think quickly enough his feet), but many Obama supporters have unleashed the bloodhounds to punish the guy for putting Obama in an awkward situation.

Hell, this thread was posted when we knew next to nothing about Joe. The moment it surfaced that he didn't have a license he became front page fodder on Yahoo and CNN (quite literally) and the #1 target at ATPN in an imbecilic thread initiated by the left's town idiot.

And in my own defense, I was one of the people posting here how admirable it was of Mac to correct the old woman at his rally that called Obama an Arab. I like Mac, if he didn't choose Palin, I'd of ended up voting for him.

I'm not voting for McCain for so many reasons I've lost count, but what the fuck does that have to do with Joe?

Jack, which is what you people don't get. If you want to discredit McCain's campaign for putting Joe front and center, there are plenty of ways of doing it without ripping the root subject to threads. Show a little creativity and intellect by highlighting how McCain's health care could hurt Joe and his employees. Point out that their campaign is making a total stranger their centerpiece in a last ditch effort to relate to the middle class. There are any number of fronts far more applicable (and credible) than falling back on base character assassinations like this.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: senseamp
I would not be surprised if Joe is a McCain shill.

I think that is probably close to the truth. Hell, he has already given more interviews than Palin. Maybe he should be VP.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: umbrella39

I think that is probably close to the truth. Hell, he has already given more interviews than Palin. Maybe he should be VP.

Are we breaking out the tinfoil hats now? That's like insinuating that the racist pond scum at McCain's rallies were strategically placed by the left.

LOLs all around.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

And I have little tolerance for idiotic one-liners being passed off as legitimate defenses for illegitimate attacks.

Joe had concerns over his taxes, and Obama had to wrap it up with a fairly pathetic "well, we have to spread the wealth around." He was backed in a corner and had to squirm out of it, and it pissed you all off seeing your golden boy in such a compromising position. Now, I'm not jumping on the bandwagon of going after Obama on that (he was merely put on the spot and simply didn't think quickly enough his feet), but many Obama supporters have unleashed the bloodhounds to punish the guy for putting Obama in an awkward situation.

Hell, this thread was posted when we knew next to nothing about Joe. The moment it surfaced that he didn't have a license he became front page fodder on Yahoo and CNN (quite literally) and the #1 target at ATPN in an imbecilic thread initiated by the left's town idiot.

I'm not voting for McCain for so many reasons I've lost count, but what the fuck does that have to do with Joe?

Jack, which is what you people don't get. If you want to discredit McCain's campaign for putting Joe front and center, there are plenty of ways of doing it without ripping the root subject to threads. Show a little creativity and intellect by highlighting how McCain's health care could hurt Joe and his employees. Point out that their campaign is making a total stranger their centerpiece in a last ditch effort to relate to the middle class. There are any number of fronts far more applicable (and credible) than falling back on base character assassinations like this.

Yeah, I mean so what that the basis for Joe's The Plumber's argument, that he wasn't going to buy a business because of Obama's tax policy, turned out to be a lie? I mean, when you point that out you're just being a character assassin.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Are we breaking out the tinfoil hats now? That's like insinuating that the racist pond scum at McCain's rallies were strategically placed by the left.

LOLs all around.

I agree 'Joe' was a GOP plant and that (bold) has already been insinuated here.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

LOLs all around.

I know it's been insinuated here, which is why I brought it up. Both notions are absurd attempts by both parties to dampen a blow to their image.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

LOLs all around.

No doubt.

Also, he just admitted he would get Obama's cuts, not sure if that was posted in here or not:

"According to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, Obama's tax hikes apply only when personal income, not the value of the business, rises above $250,000.

"What goes on your income tax form is your profit, not your gross receipts," said Eric Toder of the Tax Policy Center.

So today, Joe, who said he makes much less than $250,000, reluctantly admitted Obama would lower his taxes.

"I would, if you believe him, I would be receiving his tax cuts," Wurzelbacher said."

Text

So yeah anyways, another swing and miss by the angry old man.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
If reports are true and Joe starts appearing at rallies stumping for McCain I would hope that a sensible person could see that it is well within the realm of possibility jbourne.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
If reports are true and Joe starts appearing at rallies stumping for McCain I would hope that a sensible person could see that it is well within the realm of possibility jbourne.

Well sure, based on actual evidence it would certainly be in the realm of possibility.

At the same time, I'd hope that if the bigots at McCain's rallies suddenly show payments on their bank statements from Obama, a sensible person could see that it's well within the realm of possibility that they were planted there to make the GOP look bad.

But that's the point: you draw conclusions AFTER you're presented with evidence, not before and not just because it helps you make a case.