10-16-08 'Joe the Plumber' does not have plumbing license

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: techs
Originally posted by: [bhttp://forums.anandtech.com/me...te=y&parentid=29734793]Genx87[/b]
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy
How the hell did Joe the plumber become the central theme of the election? Oh no, he's not registered to vote! Oh no, he's not licensed! Who the hell honestly cares about Joe the plumber? He was a person chosen as a convenient example to give human face to a case study of a candidate's tax plan in action. Beyond that exercise, his identity is completely irrelevant.

He dared question Obama's plan that is who he is. Time to make sure he pays for this crime by digging up everything in his past. I heard he once picked a huge booger in Mrs Tinsley's 4th grade English class.

He doesn't have a license, is doing business illegally in his county AND he didn't pay his taxes.
That's not picking a booger. That's jail time, baby.

Joe the jailbird?

None of what you listed are crimes that carry jail time. Not paying your taxes isnt a crime, you merely get audited. If it were a crime, certain people, cough Al Franken cough Charlie Rangel cough would be in jail.

It appears the former is also a civil infraction, not criminal.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Updated OP

His employer is licensed.

However a lien has been placed on Joe's property since January 2007 for failure to pay his State taxes of nearly $1,300.

He has been running like this under Republican rule the last 8 years and he is complaining about Obama? :confused:

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
:roll: Nothing but more lies. When are you people going to stop with the continued lies? I've posted time and time again yet you morons keep trying to claim I've voting for McCain/Republican party. You types obviously have your BHO blinders on a bit too tight...

Pretty funny that you bitch about stereotyping you and then you stereotype me with "you people" and "morons" and "BHO blinders". Hypocrit much?

"Party Politican" Pooper! :laugh:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Engineer
:roll: Nothing but more lies. When are you people going to stop with the continued lies? I've posted time and time again yet you morons keep trying to claim I've voting for McCain/Republican party. You types obviously have your BHO blinders on a bit too tight...

Pretty funny that you bitch about stereotyping you and then you stereotype me with "you people" and "morons" and "BHO blinders". Hypocrit much?

"Party Politican" Pooper! :laugh:

Not bitching about stereotyping - I'm bitching because I've repeatedly posted about this yet you and the others keep posting the same lie.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Well, I checked the infallible Yahoo news and they do cast some fact check doubts about some of dmcowen674 contentions. Looks like he is a registered voter and his boss is licensed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200....QfxGaWk1D_UPKvQas0NUE

But its somewhat a McCain signature, the maverick cowboy who always tosses his lasso onto any and all passing boat anchors. And then McCain gets a free ride straight to the bottom to the locker of Davy Jones. And all they will find is some bones, and occasional pieces of skin. Sing rickity tickity tin.

If it was not for bad luck, McCain would have no luck at all.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
I told my wife last night after the debate "I give Joe two days before the left rips his asshole in two".

You fuckers did it in less that 24 hours. Your moms must be proud.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Lies? Here's a mirror CAD. You claim you don't have a horse in this race yet you wallow through every anti-Obama thread adding fuel to the fire and divert in any thread that's anti-McCain. This is just one of many examples. In short, you're FOS.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: jbourne77
I told my wife last night after the debate "I give Joe two days before the left rips his asshole in two".

Sheehan and Terry Schiavo's(sp) Hubby.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Seriously, Maybe Yahoo! or AT P&N should do some research. This is a non-issue.

Step 1: Go to the Ohio Secretary of State
Step 2: Do a Business Search for 'Agent/Contact' name. Use 'Newell'
Step 3: Look at the results. The FIRST returned is for 'AW Newell Corporation' owned by Alan Newell. The Yahoo! article quotes Mr. Joe as saying the company owner is 'Al Newell'.
Step 4: Google 'AW Newell'. The FIRST returned is for the Manta listing. You will see that the company is listed in Toledo, OH. The article gives the impression that they are in Holland, OH.
Step 5: Google Maps for directions from Toledo to Holland. They are 17 minutes apart. Holland is a suburb of Toledo.

Those 5 steps reasonable establish that Mr. Joe works for AW Newell Corporation. So, on to the next chain.

Step 6: Go to the Ohio Contractor's License Board
Step 7: Go to the 'Commerce eLicense Center' and do a Company License Lookup.
Step 8: Enter AW Newell in the search field.
Step 9: Look at the results. 'AW Newell' is licensed not only as a plumber, but also as an HVAC contractor.

Look, Mr. Joe may be a dumbass, but they are NOT operating without a license.

/thread

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Take it up with the media. They're the same ones that said Obama wants to teach sex-ed to K-schoolers and Palin's daughter really had her baby. Plumber Joe isn't blameless either. He followed up his 'question' to Obama on Fox News taking more shots at him. Considering the detailed response Obama gave Joe when he asked the question the lack of respect shown in the Fox interview was disgusting.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Well, I checked the infallible Yahoo news and they do cast some fact check doubts about some of dmcowen674 contentions.

Looks like he is a registered voter and his boss is licensed.

I updated the OP about his boss is in fact licensed.

I am proud to see the Internet uncovering Republican lies this year at a furious pace.

Swiftboating so far is not working.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
Hay OP . I got ta tell ya . Plumbing is a no brainer., Its a scam man. Not alot of skill required. I could do it in my sleep.. Ya ever go to the Ice capades. That freezer they haul around was Built by me at the King Company. The easiest part was the plumbing. If you get a chance to see it . Have a look see. The most skill thats required is welding . Most plumber never weld . Even tho they are required to know how.

As a longtime homeowner, I can assure you that for many of us plumbing is basically a means of pumping your blood pressure up and using all those words mama would was your mouth out with soap for. It looks so simple and can be so frustrating.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003

:laugh:

If Joe had a basic understanding of math and Obama's tax plan, as well as how to operate legally as a plumber in his home state, maybe we wouldn't have to.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
OMFG this is great, thank you dave. LAWLS ad infinitum that a guy whining about taxes under obama is owing back taxes under a republican and isn't even licensed in the profession he wants to open a bigger business with.

haha

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
God Almighty whats wrong with you guys. Every thing that none plumber said is true. He doesn't need a license. HE is a journeyman. In training .

I just wish this election will come and go away. I think Obama is getting screwed and I can't really see how this problem with the Banks can be fixed. I don't think anyone running right now can fix this problem . IF I was either guy . I would secretly hope to lose this thing.

I just want everyone to remember Obama wasn't pres. when this happened . Although he was a member of the lawmaking branch.

Same as Bush wasn't at fault when the market crashed in 01.

Were screwed. As far as our IRAS go . DAM theives . Keep voting the pricks in

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The Obama left treated Joe with utmost respect, it the fact checking drive by media that did ole Joe in. Maybe you would have preferred the non fact checking Rush Limbaugh version?

Fact is, it did not happen, and you get thinner and thinner if you try to blame just Obama.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Skoorb
OMFG this is great, thank you dave. LAWLS ad infinitum that a guy whining about taxes under obama is owing back taxes under a republican and isn't even licensed in the profession he wants to open a bigger business with.

haha

There was a fury of interviews all day but I waited for the two published news reports before posting.

As it was the original assertion that his employer was unlicensed was not true.

However is his employer in trouble now?

Is Joe registered as an Apprentice or Journeyman as required for licensed plumber he is working for?

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
<- registered Democrat/voting Democrat/hates other Democrats

This thread serves to underscore why.

Get a job, Dave.

Fuck, I wasn't supposed to come back to P&N until 2012.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Nemesis 1
God Almighty whats wrong with you guys. Every thing that none plumber said is true. He doesn't need a license. HE is a journeyman. In training .

If joe did not complete the Apprentice class and Joe did not complete the following form out and have it notarized as well as signed by his employer and paid the fee, then Joe is working illegally in the county. Period

Facts are facts

Electrical Journeyman/Apprentice Application

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: bamacre
I mean, there's absolutely no one questioning whether he is good or bad at what he does, no one questioning whether his customers are happy with his service or disgusted. Just "lock him up, put him in jail. Screw his business, his employees, his wife, and his kids." "How dare he ask a presidential candidate a question. Who does he think he is?"

Such flawed logic is beneath you, Bam. Obama treated his question with respect and a full, non BS answer. It was John McCain who tried to pimp this poor guy out and practically make him the centerpiece of the debate last night, referencing him and saying "Joe the plumber" more than 10 times during the debate last night.

And I just read this entire thread and didn't see anyone call for throwing him in jail, let alone call for screwing his business or "giving the business" to his wife. ;)

What I take away from this is that it is yet another example of John McCain's desperate, reckless and unvetted shooting from the replacement hip style of conducting business.

The more I experience him in this campaign, the more I see him as having a distinctly un-presidential temperament. :(

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
This Joe guy has done more press conferences and interviews than Sarah Palin. He'll be on Mike Huckabee's show on Saturday as well for the tough policy questions.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Do you guys think this Joe the (non)plumber guy will be the on short-list into hot clubs after this?

I need to find out where McCain is rallying, and ask him some asinine questions!

aaaand... LOL:

Originally posted by: Dari
This Joe guy has done more press conferences and interviews than Sarah Palin. He'll be on Mike Huckabee's show on Saturday as well for the tough policy questions.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
What better mascot for the current Republican Party than an unlicensed plumber, who has a tax lien against him and a second lien from a hospital against him and who would benefit from an Obama tax cut both now AND after he bought his own plumbing company! Shit, that's so inspiring, I think I'll pull the lever for McCain this November!

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
He "burns" my ass just like any other redistributionist does, however the reason I use "messiah" is because he has a cult following who will attempt to destroy anyone who dares question him.

The only wild-eyed, frothing at the mouth "cultist" here is you, CAD, and your "Fear and Smear De Magick Neeeegro" cult of the angry loser.