10-13-08: Johnston speaks on Bristol Palin, Obama and baby

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: brencat
I read the article -- don't know what all the fuss is about. He's like a good majority of "working class" people the Dems like to say they support.

But we all know it's not about supporting people is it Dave? It's about getting POWER. Which is all politicians really want in the end -- to be able to control our lives and further their extremist agendas in some shape or form.

Leave the kid alone.

I don't know of any quote "democrat or republican" that is or would be ok with any 17 year old dropping out of high school. And for an you to suggest that not obtaining even a high school diploma represents the working class is stupid. Your politcal post to try and pin this mistake not to graduate as being some dems ploy is also stupid. Grow up, stupid

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
This is more like an 0ff-topic rant than P&N. If this were ATOT, I would say that the whole thing is ridiculous and that the multimillionaire family should hire a nanny and pay the rent so that the 17 year old can finish high school. Maybe that would send the wrong message in an election year, so of course the kids all suffer. That's been the case from the start with this family, so where's the news?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
< yawn > And, in more important news, I got a haircut last week. :roll:

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: Descartes
Sounds like a pretty typical teenager to me. At least the man seems to be owning up to the responsibilities he's created for himself. How many guys didn't have thoughts of marrying their high-school sweethearts?

And I can't believe this MySpace thing is becoming an issue. He's a damn kid, a young man and apparently something of a "jock." I saw and had far worse perpetrated on me while in high-school; it's perfectly conceivable that his friends did in fact make up the MySpace as a joke. I've seen that happen a few times in the professional world as well.

I'm no apologist for him,

but let's leave the kid alone.

There are far, far worse rednecks out there.

Yes, you certainly are an Apologist and apparently an aspiring Redneck, congrats.

Being from Tulsa and knowing the general area you choose to live, the irony of that comment is delicious indeed.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: yllus
It's his life. Butt out.

In all fairness, Senator McCain and the Republican party were the ones who decided to bring him onstage at the RNC like some visiting dignitary. The reality is that if Obama had a pregnant teenage daughter who was engaged to a high school dropout, the Newsmaxes, Rush Limbaughs and Fox Newses of the world would run the story 24/7.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Sounds like a pretty typical teenager to me. At least the man seems to be owning up to the responsibilities he's created for himself. How many guys didn't have thoughts of marrying their high-school sweethearts?

And I can't believe this MySpace thing is becoming an issue. He's a damn kid, a young man and apparently something of a "jock." I saw and had far worse perpetrated on me while in high-school; it's perfectly conceivable that his friends did in fact make up the MySpace as a joke. I've seen that happen a few times in the professional world as well.

Yes, you certainly are an Apologist and apparently an aspiring Redneck, congrats.

Being from Tulsa and knowing the general area you choose to live, the irony of that comment is delicious indeed.

You don't know jack do you. I never lived anywhere near Tulsa.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
He sounds like an OK kid, so I don't worry much about Bristol's future.

The ones I worry about are Paris and Blanket Palin. With a father like Michael they're bound to grow up wrong.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Who cares about Levi Jonhston, at best he is a side issue, he will not be the first or last male to fail to keep his rocket in his pocket, but some one month after our national election, Bristol Palin may deliver our nation's temporarily newest US citizen. Our hopes should be 100% invested in the future of new Americans all over this country.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Atreus21

An aspiring redneck?

And here, ladies and gentleman, is the foremost example of non-stereotyping, non-prejudicial liberals. Racial slurs, or any type of slur is abhorred, unless of course they happen to disagree with us.

Most educated American on the interent. Brilliant dude.

Odds are this kid will lead a more productive life than the OP.