10/01/13 Steam Midweek Madness: Reus 50% off, Mars War Logs 66% off

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
Mars War Logs...anyone played it? It has a poor metacritic score but apparently it's been updated since the reviews with better voice acting among other things.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I know a few people that have it and they each have favorable things to say about it. It is rough around the edges they all admit but still an enjoyable game.

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
If you're the type of person that enjoys a B-movie from time to time, you'll like Mars: War Logs.

It isn't great but it isn't bad, either. Lots of skill tree choices and weapon/armor customization. The voice acting is bad in a good way.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Didn't they re-do the voice acting; or is it still bad after being redone ?

If you're the type of person that enjoys a B-movie from time to time, you'll like Mars: War Logs.

It isn't great but it isn't bad, either. Lots of skill tree choices and weapon/armor customization. The voice acting is bad in a good way.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Didn't they re-do the voice acting; or is it still bad after being redone ?

I've played it both before and after the voice acting was re-done. It's a pretty huge improvement.

Mars War Logs is a pretty decent B-grade CRPG that's very heavily inspired by The Witcher. In fact it copies some mechanics pretty much directly from The Witcher 2 (which isn't a bad thing). Right down to the combat, dodge-rolling, "slow-mo" button where you pick your items/abilities during a fight, and so-on. It tries to have a complex moral system and storyline like The Witcher 2 as well, but it's obviously not as intricate.

I say give the game a try. I enjoyed it for what it was.