1 vs. 100

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Man, he only made it through two weeks!

I guess you don't have to know the answer to every question to win on Jeopardy :)

That was a tough question though... at least from the perspective of a non-gambler.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
So how does this show work exactly? I've never watched it but have seen it in the listing a number of times.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
1 person is the contestant and the 100 are the "Mob." Both sets answer trivia questions--if the "1" person is right, he wins money based on the amount of people that get it wrong. So if out of the 100, 8 get it wrong, he wins $800, and it becomes 1 vs. 92. The dollar amounts increase per question and the contestant (the 1) continues to play until he decides to take the money and quit OR he misses a question. If he MISSES the question, the remaining members of the mob split the pot. So if the guy is playing and it becomes 1 vs. 27 and his answer is wrong, and the pot is 86,000, the $86k is divided by 27 and given to the remaining members of the mob.

The contestant also gets a couple of lifeline options, but I don't know those details off-hand.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
They're going to have to bring in John Carpenter next, the guy who swept through all the "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" questions without using a single lifeline. He should last for at least 2 episodes, anyway.