1 Marine versus dozens of NYPD officers

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LookBehindYou

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
I'm not sure if you noticed, but we're not exactly in the middle of a Call of Duty Xbox match here... and unless you're 12, I'm not sure I'd proudly let others know that I use the term "QQ."

This. I had to google "QQ". Retarded.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
He's yelling about the fact that cops think they're all tough because they are in groups and have guns and clubs. And they will jump on any opportunity to get physical with unarmed protesters. Did you see all the cops with the helmets and shields getting all geared up? Whats that for?

Put any one of those cops alone in an alley with that big black marine and they will literally piss their pants and run away.

To make sure they don't have a repeat of the UK riots? And actually if they put any one of those cops alone in an alley with that marine they'd simply taze him if he attacked.

Likewise with my CCW I wouldn't be all that scared of him either. Marines, or any soldier for that matter, are not gods simply because they're combat trained.

Last edited:

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I'm not sure if you noticed, but we're not exactly in the middle of a Call of Duty Xbox match here... and unless you're 12, I'm not sure I'd proudly let others know that I use the term "QQ."

actually its a warcaft saying. QQ just shows he plays to much WOW!

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
If that was a regular protestor he would have gotten his ass beat for disobeying their orders. So yeah, they were scared shitless of him. Big black guy who happens to be a marine, someone's going to get hurt.

Yes, because cops generally converge on people like a bad kung-fu movie -- unarmed and one at a time, allowing the marine to use his superior hand-to-hand combat skills to dismantle them while they spend the entire time wishing... praying... that they had some sort of tool - perhaps a long wood stick, or a device that shoots electric energy, or a device that shoots a metal projectile - that could stop him.

But no, clearly their only option would be to wrastle with him... TO THE DEATH.

MagickMan

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2008
QQ more bitch, the OWS movement is twice as popular than the tea party one :smuggrin:

And yet, the Tea Party actually got some things accomplished. Why is that? OWS is a failure unless they can actually get some people elected and bring about change.

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
If I were a cop I wouldn't give a god damn SHIT if he was a marine. That means nothing to me, sorry. I'd use the necessary force I needed to for any situation, and it looks like those cops did. That guy was absolutely not a threat, so they did nothing. Fucking /yawn.

MarkXIX

Platinum Member
Jan 3, 2010
That Marine is a disgrace and a clown. He is also very, very likely a hypocrite of the highest order when one considers that he probably did far worse to the people of the sovereign nation(s) that he deployed into than these cops have ever done to US citizens.

Simply put, his service doesn't permit him to be a loud mouth, jackass on behalf of anyone or any group. To hide behind his service and represent himself in the manner that he did, while he's free to do so, also means that he's done little more than tarnish his service for being a moron.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
That Marine is a disgrace and a clown. He is also very, very likely a hypocrite of the highest order when one considers that he probably did far worse to the people of the sovereign nation(s) that he deployed into than these cops have ever done to US citizens.

Simply put, his service doesn't permit him to be a loud mouth, jackass on behalf of anyone or any group. To hide behind his service and represent himself in the manner that he did, while he's free to do so, also means that he's done little more than tarnish his service for being a moron.

Haha :D

Awesome video. The dude stood up, big time. Major props. :thumbsup:

And he's right, the cops approach to this is the true cowardice, and some NYC cops can be some of the biggest ftards on the planet.

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
cops were not shitting their pants as the op suggests. they were however rolling their eyes over the repetitive ramblings of the loud mouth idiot. just because somebody raises their voice and repeats things over and over doesnt mean what you have to say means shit.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
and I guess you can't comprehend that he was speaking to those cops as the NYPD in general...or it was done to make a point and not just yell at some random cops.
Uh, no. Did you even watch the same video?

He acted like he was begging and pleading with them to stop what they were CURRENTLY doing. RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!1111111oneoneone

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Well, if there were no douches with phones video recording this I am sure a club to the head would have happened.

I gotta hand it to the NYPD, they have been showing great restraint in not bashing these occupy people.

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
All I saw was an annoying psycho spouting his mouth on the street. You don't think he wasn't out there for a reason? If he gets violent and starts a pushing and shoving contest, then 30 cops come beat his ass with tasers and nightsticks right for all the cameras to see. Then the media blows this up and it becomes a shit storm. To me, looks like the cops won as he eventually stfu. I doubt that the USMC will turn a blind eye to this. He's representing them by going out there in his uniform. He'll be dealt with.

GotIssues

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2003
He threw a liquid in his face before that. He deserved it. There was an interview with him on Youtube a few days ago.

Don't take everything at face value there Morphy.

It's harder to get up in arms if you don't discount everything the protesters do to deserve it.

dwell

pics?
Oct 9, 1999
He threw a liquid in his face before that. He deserved it. There was an interview with him on Youtube a few days ago.

Don't take everything at face value there Morphy.

Such bullshit. This whole movement is a bunch of trolls uploading videos on YouTube to incite people. All these "police brutality" videos are trumped up in some way or another.