1 Marine versus dozens of NYPD officers

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Cops are just ignoring him, almost like he's not even there. No shitting in the pants seen.

If that was a regular protestor he would have gotten his ass beat for disobeying their orders. So yeah, they were scared shitless of him. Big black guy who happens to be a marine, someone's going to get hurt.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Yelling at cops for the win? Because being overly emotional is the way to accomplish things.

jlee

Lifer
Sep 12, 2001
If that was a regular protestor he would have gotten his ass beat for disobeying their orders. So yeah, they were scared shitless of him. Big black guy who happens to be a marine, someone's going to get hurt.

:confused:

False.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000

Woo revolution! Stick it to the man! :rolleyes:
All of cops are carrying tazers...

It's literally people like you why nothing cogent is coming out from that movement.

Also 3:20 one of the cops talking to him is an Iraq vet also. The guy didn't have a retort and literally is the only one making a scene.

Last edited:

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Woo revolution! Stick it to the man! :rolleyes:
All of cops are carrying tazers...

It's literally people like you why nothing cogent is coming out from that movement.

QQ more bitch, the OWS movement is twice as popular than the tea party one :smuggrin:

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001

Or maybe they knew better than to stir the hornets nest by arresting an unarmed veteran for screaming at them with a camera filming? So if they were afraid of anything, it was the negative PR and backlash that would have ensued.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
QQ more bitch, the OWS movement is twice as popular than the tea party one :smuggrin:

QQ? Tea party was/us a bunch of pissed off neoconservatives and far-right fundie Christians. Is that really your benchmark for getting things done? Sarah Palin? Chrine O'Donnel... really?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Guy is a wee bit disturbed. If cops were scared, it's because they know that dealing with disturbed people is a lose-lose situation.

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
I am impressed with him. He was on the edge of going too far but restrained himself to keep his actions according to his message.

It takes guts to stand up and remind a police force their job is to protect the citizens.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Uh, guys, the cops weren't scared of him in the slightest. An angry guy ranting on a street corner is nothing new in any major city. I also don't see anything in the video that suggests the cops were doing anything other than making sure things don't turn violent because some OWS twit decides to do something stupid(er).

Second, this guy can't even wear the DCU properly. Reviewing the video.

-Undershirt untucked
-Blouse unbuttoned
-Beard (Possible shaving waiver in place while active duty)
-Sleeves 3/4s rolled up
-Ribbons on the DCU blouse
-DCU blouse unbuttoned

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
Uh, guys, the cops weren't scared of him in the slightest. An angry guy ranting on a street corner is nothing new in any major city. I also don't see anything in the video that suggests the cops were doing anything other than making sure things don't turn violent because some OWS twit decides to do something stupid(er).

Second, this guy can't even wear the DCU properly. Reviewing the video.

-Undershirt untucked
-Blouse unbuttoned
-Beard (Possible shaving waiver in place while active duty)
-Sleeves 3/4s rolled up
-Ribbons on the DCU blouse
-DCU blouse unbuttoned

I assumed he did this on purpose to show he was not on active duty? I dunno though, i know nothing about this.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Guy is a wee bit disturbed. If cops were scared, it's because they know that dealing with disturbed people is a lose-lose situation.

Hmm, I guess I disagree. To me, the looks on the PoPo's faces said a lot, along with fact they kept their mouths shut for the most part. I am not fan of many of the OWS crowd, wish they were directing their anger for allowing themselves to become subservient to big biz due to the money/campaign finance issue and creating an enviroment that allows for the CEO pay situation, whether you prescribe to that or not as being a problem.

If nothing else, the NYPD seemed embarrased, perhaps due to guilty consciences for how they handling the protesters.

However, that Marine started simply yelling the same few sentences towards the end, but maybe he felt he was hitting a little close to the matter with the NYPD.

I could be wrong, but... *shrug*

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
I came in here looking for a fight video, instead it's just some guy yelling at cops.

This x2.

More boring and a guy ranting about something and trying to sound tough while the cops don't care about him and ignore him.

Although I do laugh at him saying it doesn't make you tough to hurt those people yet more then likely he did just that when he was ordered to do it so he is no different then the cops doing their jobs to protect and serve. :rolleyes:

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I've just started watching and the cops are just standing there. He's implying that the cops are hurting people, but I don't see it. He keeps saying "leave these people alone;" but they aren't messing with anyone. They're just standing around, watchful, ready to be of assistance if anything bad happens.

Big-talker seems like a total douche.

[edit]
He saw some people apprehended earlier and acts like there couldn't have possibly been a reason for it. :rolleyes:

Seriously, OP. There is something wrong with you.

Last edited:

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
He may be feeling betrayed by his own country upon witnessing the police actions against the citizens and idealistic way of life he risked his own life to protect.

Young men and women often idealistically believe in proudly serving a country worthy of their sacrifice. Some may call this being naive. Others call it believing in what is right. When those veterans become aware of the imperfections of their government, they can feel betrayed by the same government they sacrificed their time, energy, and risked their lives for.

I can relate to this since this is exactly how I feel about this country I have served.

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
I've just started watching and the cops are just standing there. He's implying that the cops are hurting people, but I don't see it. He keeps saying "leave these people alone;" but they aren't messing with anyone. They're just standing around, watchful, ready to be of assistance if anything bad happens.

Big-talker seems like a total douche.

At the end, he mentioned having witnessed police brutality on a specific date. Possibly October 5th, I am not sure. He mentioned this as the motivation for his outburst.