1 Marine versus dozens of NYPD officers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
At the end, he mentioned having witnessed police brutality on a specific date. Possibly October 5th, I am not sure. He mentioned this as the motivation for his outburst.

He saw some people apprehended and can't comprehend that there might have been a reason for it. :rolleyes:

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
Police brutality is actually good for the cause of the protest. It brings an enormous amount of attention to the protests. This guy just saw some action and wanted to come make a scene. It would have been a huge boost for the protests if he had gotten into a confrontation with the cops because as a soldier he has a certain amount of prestige, and he's not just a dirty hippie.

The cops handled that one pretty well.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Balls of steel + a little crazy! A non-Marine would be tased to death.

punjabiplaya

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2006
so he's yelling at a bunch of officers who were just standing there? Is there some context of them beating up some people 15 seconds before that I missed out on?

NYPD

Y U HURTING U.S. CITIZENS?!

I appreciate his service, but his yelling would have been more appropriate if the NYPD were actually beating up people at that moment.

Svnla

Lifer
Nov 10, 2003
If he has any pride on the uniform, he would not wear the uniform that way. Oh, and "vs. dozens of NYPD officers" not found, just a half crazed dude rambled on and on.

ctark

Sep 6, 2004
I think he was just emotional because he was standing up for what he believed in. I dont think the guy is crazy at all, and he does have a point. Police are suppose to be "peace officers". Yet they resort to violence most of the time. They weren't going to do anything to him because he's a man in uniform, it would look really bad and it would be all over the news if they took him down without cause. If it had been a regular person, they probably would've been arrested.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
QQ more bitch, the OWS movement is twice as popular than the tea party one :smuggrin:

Yep, twice the size with none of the staying power. The Tea Party actually influenced votes. OWS simply annoys people, pushing them away from its cause unless they're already committed, and will be gone in a few weeks in all likelihood having changed nothing.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I think he was just emotional because he was standing up for what he believed in. I dont think the guy is crazy at all, and he does have a point. Police are suppose to be "peace officers". Yet they resort to violence most of the time. They weren't going to do anything to him because he's a man in uniform, it would look really bad and it would be all over the news if they took him down without cause. If it had been a regular person, they probably would've been arrested.

Looked like they were "keeping the peace" to me.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

Actually, they act like 'peace officers' 99% of the time.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Actually, they act like 'peace officers' 99% of the time.

Common you gotta fight the man man! Everyone knows those blue boys are just Nazis in disguise they BEAT KIDS MAN THEY BEAT KIDS! EVERYWHERE! ALL THE TIME!! FUCKIN THIN BLUE LINE OF COCKSUCKERS RAPING OUR KIDS MAN! WE GOTTA FIGHT THIS SHIT WE GOTTA GET TOGETHER AND STAND AROUND WALL STREET AND BLAB LIKE A BUNCH'O HIGH PENGUINS PISSED ABOUT OVERFISHING MAN! That'll show those fuckers man.

th_cry.gif

^^^ My impression of your average OWS protestor from all I've seen online.

thepd7

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2005
Wow that guy is annoying.

This.

If that was a regular protestor he would have gotten his ass beat for disobeying their orders. So yeah, they were scared shitless of him. Big black guy who happens to be a marine, someone's going to get hurt.

You can't have it both ways. Either police are violent criminals who beat minorities the first chance they get or they are pansies scared of black people. You have to pick one.

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
I hate all forms of protests, it's always a precursor to riots, that's why there are so many cops watching for assholes to start shit. I support the cops 100% if they want to head shot any assholes that breaks shit during protests.

Mike Gayner

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2007
I hate all forms of protests, it's always a precursor to riots, that's why there are so many cops watching for assholes to start shit. I support the cops 100% if they want to head shot any assholes that breaks shit during protests.

Uh, sorry what?

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
He's yelling about the fact that cops think they're all tough because they are in groups and have guns and clubs. And they will jump on any opportunity to get physical with unarmed protesters. Did you see all the cops with the helmets and shields getting all geared up? Whats that for?

Put any one of those cops alone in an alley with that big black marine and they will literally piss their pants and run away.

DaTT

Garage Moderator
Feb 13, 2003
Uh, guys, the cops weren't scared of him in the slightest. An angry guy ranting on a street corner is nothing new in any major city. I also don't see anything in the video that suggests the cops were doing anything other than making sure things don't turn violent because some OWS twit decides to do something stupid(er).

Second, this guy can't even wear the DCU properly. Reviewing the video.

-Undershirt untucked
-Blouse unbuttoned
-Beard (Possible shaving waiver in place while active duty)
-Sleeves 3/4s rolled up
-Ribbons on the DCU blouse
-DCU blouse unbuttoned

Are they really called blouse's?