1 in 5 Americans is Religiously Unaffiliated

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Interesting numbers . tell me . whats the % of gays born per x number 5 in 10 are gay . its an alarming number for fact . My 5/10 ratio was example . I just read it about 6 months ago but don't recall the ratio . it was high tho . So that mean thats % is likely represenitive of this forum for sure. Religion needs to go . Belief in GOD needs to stay . But as long as Gooberments of religion like Israel exist it will always be religious bloodshed. Jews are not Hebrews , A jew is anyone who believes their prophets and excepts their beliefs . The very exitance of Israel as a nation is a Crime , Good gave to the Hebrews Israel . Not a religion of liars. I posted not long ago with links JEWS holy book says haveing sex with 3 year old plus 1 day is OK . NOT . God allows jews to enslave any and all peoples but other HEBREWS . Gods choosen people are Hebtrews not a religion known as jews , Anyone who believes a Jew is the same as Hebrew is seriously ill. So todays Israel is nothing but a pure lie and offense to GOD. This is man tring to maske prophecy occur nothing more. Americans want to find the true hebrews they are easy to find . thanks to the seer stone

Last edited:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Interesting numbers . tell me . whats the % of gays born per x number 5 in 10 are gay . its an alarming number for fact . My 5/10 ratio was example . I just read it about 6 months ago but don't recall the ratio . it was high tho . So that mean thats % is likely represenitive of this forum for sure.

wtf_is_your_problem_sticker-p217928976714320263q0ou_400.jpg

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
The seer stone was used by Josphep Smith to translate the golden plates. Ya Ya I know but this is interesting stuff and it exposes the pure lie of modern religion . Romneys of england came to america as MORMONS in 1841 .. Joey lived from 1805 -1845 . There is no way these 2 mormons are same religion . Or are they . its bindblowing stuff . Its also the biggest clusterfuck the powers that be ever made . Find out who the English mormons were. Science fiction has nothing on this shit. Religion exposed

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Except that the definition of progress is that of moving from bad to good. Improvement. You don't improve by arbitrarily changing what is already good.

Arguing that things should be changed with no regard for why it should be changed is madness. Insanity. I don't know any other term for it.

I'll quit my job now. Change is good. Wife and kids be damned. Change is more important.

I know it's a bit lame to post quotes, but I can't help it.

-GKC

Because we, as in society as a whole, advances more and faster when "God" is not invoked once we reach the limit of our knowledge at that time.

Did you know that for 300 years Muslims were at the forefront of our knowledge and learning. Baghdad was quite literally the intellectual capital of the world, welcome to people of all faiths and even welcome to the "doubters" (what we call atheists today). The Muslim world was responsible for more advancements than I can list during this period that ended around 1100ad. What happened to abruptly end the Muslims golden age you ask, one root cause was an Imam scholar who wrote and taught that mathematics was the work of the devil as well as starting to favor religious teaching in school. To this day, Islam has not recovered and its not looking good for the near future. Consider this, google how many Muslims have won the Nobel prize and then google how many Muslims there are in the world. Then do the exact same thing with Jews and do the ratio.

Even better, consider how much more advanced we might be today if we didn't have such a huge swath of humanity that have contributed virtually nothing to our advancement and knowledge ever since religion took over their society and deemed science and logic to be "bad".

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Interesting numbers . tell me . whats the % of gays born per x number 5 in 10 are gay . its an alarming number for fact . My 5/10 ratio was example . I just read it about 6 months ago but don't recall the ratio . it was high tho . So that mean thats % is likely represenitive of this forum for sure. Religion needs to go . Belief in GOD needs to stay . But as long as Gooberments of religion like Israel exist it will always be religious bloodshed. Jews are not Hebrews , A jew is anyone who believes their prophets and excepts their beliefs . The very exitance of Israel as a nation is a Crime , Good gave to the Hebrews Israel . Not a religion of liars. I posted not long ago with links JEWS holy book says haveing sex with 3 year old plus 1 day is OK . NOT . God allows jews to enslave any and all peoples but other HEBREWS . Gods choosen people are Hebtrews not a religion known as jews , Anyone who believes a Jew is the same as Hebrew is seriously ill. So todays Israel is nothing but a pure lie and offense to GOD. This is man tring to maske prophecy occur nothing more. Americans want to find the true hebrews they are easy to find . thanks to the seer stone
I see Mel Gibson fell off the wagon again.

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
What didn't you like ? How is it possiable to make sense out of nonsense . You explain it . How is someone like you ever going to find the truth . Because in your reality the truth is nonsense

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Unrelated , religion is unrelated to being gay. I think not . My brother is gay . its his problem not mine . I told my parents when he was young he was gay . denial is all they had . In our own family I was the only one that could see it . Poor misguided souls with weak spirit. Even my wife couldn't see it . but she was wise enough not to doubt my judgement

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Because we, as in society as a whole, advances more and faster when "God" is not invoked once we reach the limit of our knowledge at that time.

Did you know that for 300 years Muslims were at the forefront of our knowledge and learning. Baghdad was quite literally the intellectual capital of the world, welcome to people of all faiths and even welcome to the "doubters" (what we call atheists today). The Muslim world was responsible for more advancements than I can list during this period that ended around 1100ad. What happened to abruptly end the Muslims golden age you ask, one root cause was an Imam scholar who wrote and taught that mathematics was the work of the devil as well as starting to favor religious teaching in school. To this day, Islam has not recovered and its not looking good for the near future. Consider this, google how many Muslims have won the Nobel prize and then google how many Muslims there are in the world. Then do the exact same thing with Jews and do the ratio.

Even better, consider how much more advanced we might be today if we didn't have such a huge swath of humanity that have contributed virtually nothing to our advancement and knowledge ever since religion took over their society and deemed science and logic to be "bad".

Non sense . More western BS . China

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Unrelated , religion is unrelated to being gay. I think not . My brother is gay . its his problem not mine . I told my parents when he was young he was gay . denial is all they had . In our own family I was the only one that could see it . Poor misguided souls with weak spirit. Even my wife couldn't see it . but she was wise enough not to doubt my judgement

Take your medication. You're overdue.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Maybe you have gaydar.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Athiesm isnt an organized anything. Their really isnt anything to convert to. And to assembly an army of athiest to fight for something would be very hard to do (act of god?) :p.. since they are all free thinking individuals minus the fact they dont beleive in a god.

They have organizations and some author books. So, they all have a common way of thinking - just like any other group. And they often work together. IIRC, a few of them marched and protested in DC a few years ago.

Also, didnt an atheist start RFR (Recovery From Religion)? Atheism's another form of organized religion, a religion of non belief.

What's to convert too? A line of thinking. Just becasue they don't use a building like religion uses a Church, or a book (like the Bible) doesn't mean they aren't organized and they don't want to convert people.

Isn't Dawkings a best selling author? They have books, and they want people to read them and adopt their Godless style of thinking.

Some atheists are. I would imagine that the number of atheists whose only goal is to control people or gain wealth & power is less than it is for "fat-cat religious leaders"; as well both sub-groups are a significantly small number of their respective groups.

Alzan, every group has a beginnning and ALWAYS start off small and in the shadows, so to speak.

I am no naive to think they won't ever look to graps people's minds and wallets once they get large enough.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
They have organizations and some author books. So, they all have a common way of thinking - just like any other group. And they often work together. IIRC, a few of them marched and protested in DC a few years ago.

Also, didnt an atheist start RFR (Recovery From Religion)? Atheism's another form of organized religion, a religion of non belief.

What's to convert too? A line of thinking. Just becasue they don't use a building like religion uses a Church, or a book (like the Bible) doesn't mean they aren't organized and they don't want to convert people.

Isn't Dawkings a best selling author? They have books, and they want people to read them and adopt their Godless style of thinking.

Alzan, every group has a beginnning and ALWAYS start off small and in the shadows, so to speak.

I am no naive to think they won't ever look to graps people's minds and wallets once they get large enough.

Musicians, teachers, accountants, etc. have organizations to which they belong, and some of them write books. But you'd have a hard time convincing me that any of those organizations are a religion.

Atheism's another form of organized religion, a religion of non belief. You should probably step back and look at that statement as well as think about the definitions of the words.

Is Atheism a monotheistic or polytheistic religion? What are the holy days of Atheism? Where exactly would I find the hymnal for Atheism? What are the rites and ceremonies of Atheism? Does Atheism have any holidays officially recognized by this country's government?

In all my life I've never been approached by an atheist asking me to join his group or donate to his cause, yet I've had more than my share of Christians, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. begging for money or wanting me to join their congregation. Why do you suppose that is? And sorry, no roving bands of Atheists on street corners trying to save my soul (or anyone else's as far as I can tell.)

By the way it's Dawkins. And when you see copies of Dawkins or any other atheist authors' books in every hotel room, get back to me and we'll discuss it.

Last edited:

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
Atheism's another form of organized religion, a religion of non belief. You should probably step back and look at that statement as well as think about the definitions of the words.

Fair enough. I hear ya.

My point is that they're (at least some) are a group, some are known as the "four Horsemen", out to pull people from the fantasy God.. or the "God dillusion".. as one put it.

That's no different. They may not come to you personally, but they come to you by putting books on the shelves, hittin' the road with speeches... etc. What's the difference?

They even have shows! http://www.atheist-experience.com/

Is Atheism a monotheistic or polytheistic religion? What are the holy days of Atheism? Where exactly would I find the hymnal for Atheism? What are the rites and ceremonies of Atheism? Does Atheism have any holidays officially recognized by this country's government?

They're starting it now. As I said, they're a small group on the rise. Enough time passes, we'll see.

In all my life I've never been approached by an atheist asking me to join his group or donate to his cause, yet I've had more than my share of Christians, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. begging for money or wanting me to join their congregation. Why do you suppose that is? And sorry, no roving bands of Atheists on street corners trying to save my soul (or anyone else's as far as I can tell.)

As I stated above, they use other avenues. I have been approached to by those religions as well, but I think you're lying about the JW's. I've dealt with them before, they never beg for money, or ask people to "join" their congregations. Inviting you to attend a meeting or something isn't offering membership... hence the word "join".

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
[/B]

Fair enough. I hear ya.

My point is that they're (at least some) are a group, some are known as the "four Horsemen", out to pull people from the fantasy God.. or the "God dillusion".. as one put it.

That's no different. They may not come to you personally, but they come to you by putting books on the shelves, hittin' the road with speeches... etc. What's the difference?

They're starting it now. As I said, they're a small group on the rise. Enough time passes, we'll see.

As I stated above, they use other avenues. I have been approached to by those religions as well, but I think you're lying about the JW's. I've dealt with them before, they never beg for money, or ask people to "join" their congregations. Inviting you to attend a meeting or something isn't offering membership... hence the word "join".

Wizard of OZ and the man behind the curtain . Woke my ass up. I new who created it . Its interesting stuff I watch sometimes , I see if I can't find the David Icky thing that fits right into to what your saying .

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
RobM your correct about the JW , They don't have a church building its a hall they actually get it . Than they turn around and slip and fall ., They see the HRCC as the evil in the world . Yet they blind themselves to the fact it was the HRCC that compiled the Bible under Constatines the greats rule . He set the whole thing up . Its known history

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
[/B]

Fair enough. I hear ya.

I've heard of three groups known as the Four Horseman: a group of football players from Notre Dame? in the '40s or '50s; a group of professional wrestlers from the '70s and '80s including Ric Flair & Arne Anderson; or the Four Horseman from the Book of Revelations. From what reference book or source do you get the Four Horseman of Atheism?

You, I and and others have the choice of buying books or attending speeches. We all don't have a choice when we are part of a captive audience that has to listen to those of a religious bent. You may say that students in school are a captive audience to teachers of various subjects but we've been through that before; not mentioning G-d during Science, Geography or other classes is not indoctrination or brainwashing students.

You're somewhat correct that JW's don't generally ask for money or ask me to join their congregation; they have in the past asked me to sign-up for a subscription to WatchTower. But when I have gone to the trouble of calling the local Kingdom Hall and asked them to cease and desist their activities at my residence and they continue to do so then yeah, they've crossed the line.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
I've heard of three groups known as the Four Horseman: a group of football players from Notre Dame? in the '40s or '50s; a group of professional wrestlers from the '70s and '80s including Ric Flair & Arne Anderson; or the Four Horseman from the Book of Revelations. From what reference book or source do you get the Four Horseman of Atheism?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism

It may not be official, but it's here in the link.

You, I and and others have the choice of buying books or attending speeches. We all don't have a choice when we are part of a captive audience that has to listen to those of a religious bent. You may say that students in school are a captive audience to teachers of various subjects but we've been through that before; not mentioning G-d during Science, Geography or other classes is not indoctrination or brainwashing students.

Nope. You can leave. I've done it before. You also have the choice of not answering your door when a religious person knocks. You can turn off a TV, a radio, or your ears when you hear something you don't want to.

You seem to believe religion is being forced on you, when it isn't. Why do religious folks have to keep their beliefs "personal", when you seem to have no issue with Atheist not keeping there's "personal"?

And fyi, there's nowhere in the Bible where it says you should keep it personal. Jesus said his followers must "preach the good news". That's a Christian's job as a Christian. He went door to door, so telling relgious folks they can't/shouldn't preach is really violating Jesus command, and their rights in this country.

You're somewhat correct that JW's don't generally ask for money or ask me to join their congregation; they have in the past asked me to sign-up for a subscription to WatchTower. But when I have gone to the trouble of calling the local Kingdom Hall and asked them to cease and desist their activities at my residence and they continue to do so then yeah, they've crossed the line.

Well, when one come to your door, tell them you on longer want them to come to your house. If you did that, they won't come back. In fact, they'll make note of it.

EDIT: I'd like to be clearer on something. There are cases when religion is being forced on you,.. I think in cases where people tell you that you're going to burn in Hell if you don't do this, that, or the other.

Last edited:

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Well I know most here THINK Icky is nuts . I find him refreshing anmd pretty much right on . i HAVE OFTEN TIMES THREW THE YEARS TRIED TO TELL YOU PEOPLE EVERTHING REVOLVES AROUND FREQUENCY . everything. I been tring to tell you guys We all have our own reality. The Strongest of us can effect everyone elses reality . This is why I am someone to fear . I am stronger than you . My reality is harsh on you as your soon going to experiance , I die we all die.
Pay attention
LOL all ya want but pay attention .You want my reality to change you have to change its that simple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obYeD3GEs5E

Last edited:

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism

It may not be official, but it's here in the link.

Nope. You can leave. I've done it before. You also have the choice of not answering your door when a religious person knocks. You can turn off a TV, a radio, or your ears when you hear something you don't want to.

You seem to believe religion is being forced on you, when it isn't. Why do religious folks have to keep their beliefs "personal", when you seem to have no issue with Atheist not keeping there's "personal"?

And fyi, there's nowhere in the Bible where it says you should keep it personal. Jesus said his followers must "preach the good news". That's a Christian's job as a Christian. He went door to door, so telling relgious folks they can't/shouldn't preach is really violating Jesus command, and their rights in this country.

Well, when one come to your door, tell them you on longer want them to come to your house. If you did that, they won't come back. In fact, they'll make note of it.

EDIT: I'd like to be clearer on something. There are cases when religion is being forced on you,.. I think in cases where people tell you that you're going to burn in Hell if you don't do this, that, or the other.

Interesting. But while the name has stuck, was it a name they gave themselves or that given to them by another person or entity?

No, when I'm standing in line at the DMV, patiently waiting my turn like everyone else, we are a captive audience all with busy lives that don't always suit themselves to rescheduling. We're a captive audience at graduation ceremonies all across America who want to see our children graduate and we could really care less about how much thanks Suzie Whitebread wants to give her Lord. You're honestly comparing four guys in a debate where you were definitely not part of a captive audience to the constant whine of Christians, Muslims, etc. who are so insecure in their beliefs that they have to convince other people to believe just so they can validate their own phobias?

Yeah it is being forced on the rest of us, when legislators at every level of government attempt to pass laws or interpret laws through the narrow lens of their religion. When Christians seek to control the sexual and procreative aspects of peoples lives, not just their members but the entire citizenry, yeah, it's being forced on us. And as per above I could count on one hand the number of times in several decades of life I've had an atheist start talking to me about all things Atheistic unbidden, and I'd only use 1 fourth of the fingers on that hand; and that would be a stretch because I started the conversation. Times in that same period I've been spiritually assaulted by religionists, too numerous to count.

Really? Not even the warning to be wary of those who pray in public? Aren't Christians also told to be as meek as sheep but as cunning as wolves? Preaching about the "good news" to all within earshot isn't cunning and it's about as subtle as a brick across the face. So you're been given carte blanche to be up in people's faces by some guy that it's been claimed lived 2,000 years ago, bully for you.

I did tell them to leave as well as call their Kingdom Hall, more came back. That was kinda my point, I wouldn't have raised it otherwise.

Be as vociferous as you want in your constant need (obsession?) to save souls, understand that for every one you convince you permanently turn several others away. Kind of counter-productive, isn't it?

Last edited:

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
I thought you were out of here? I guess you crave the drama and attention. :)
I COULD choose to believe in Thor but, I choose not to.
You can make the choice to believe in God. In fact ONLY you can make the choice. It's called "free will." Some of us believe it was God's greatest gift.
You are not God (in your sense) because you cannot convince anyone you are. Jesus convinced many people.
I did in fact answer all of your points/concerns but, you chose to misunderstand or deny the answers. You see how many times choice enters into the discussion?
Why are unbelievers so frenzied in defense of their disbelief? You'd expect only someone who holds strong beliefs to be so rabid. Have I ridiculed you for your disbelief?

Actually, and this is true for something like 90+% of religious people out there, your parents chose your faith and then taught you to believe that faith. Its actually not that hard when you start them off very young which is why almost every kid in the US has believed in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny at some point. The only difference is they didn't go to church, school, CCD, etc... to continue learning about how true they were and how they must have faith and believe they exist.