1 in 4 infected with HIV don?t know

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I gots a question...

Can someone get HIV if the 2 people doing it don't have the disease?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< I gots a question...

>>

I seriously doubt it...unless they were "doing" it on a bed filled with "dirty" hypodermic needles

macka

Apr 30, 2001

<< I gots a question...

>>

yup .. and you can get it using public toilets.. if someone who has the disease has used the toilet

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001
Wow that's scary... I think I'll get it tested again soon.

<< I gots a question...

>>

No you can't. What you don't know is that how can you tell your partner doesn't have it and partner may not know themselve either. Your girlfriend could have cheated with an HIV + guy yesterday, she tests negative a month later and you two fool around, you can still become a positive. The standard test doesn't show something she's acquired in the six month window period.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

<< I gots a question...

>>

Yes. You are sinning, and god knows this, so he makes HIV magically appear out of no where.

rolleye.gif

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<<

<< I gots a question...

>>

yup .. and you can get it using public toilets.. if someone who has the disease has used the toilet
>>

uh.. This is AIDS. Not hepatitis.

You can't get it unless somehow infected person's body fluid enters you sexually or through open cut.

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< yup .. and you can get it using public toilets.. if someone who has the disease has used the toilet >>

Shut up fscktard. Its a serious question and I wanted to know. I know it is only transmitted through blood contact. The first time the disease came someone it probably didn't come from sex, but someone somehow ingesting something, or cutting their arm on a stick or something.

Jerboy,

I'm not worried about anything. Both me and my girl were both virgins and I'm positive (no pun) she hasn't cheated. That is pretty useful info though.

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<<

Jerboy,

I'm not worried about anything. Both me and my girl were both virgins and I'm positive (no pun) she hasn't cheated. That is pretty useful info though.
>>

If you two were virgins before getting together, you two have no history of using IV drugs and have no history of going to shady tatoo-parlors, you two should be fine.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
if you have had a significant blood transfusion, especially overseas, then it wouldnt hurt to be tested as well. There was a guy in the news a few weeks ago that god aids (in the US) thru a transfusion,but AFAIK thats still extremely rare. :)

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
My girlfriend got the test done, just for the sake of it...there is no way for her to ahve it, but they layed this whole fear thing on her there and she is so antsy for the results now, grr its so annoying, she is getting worked up over nothing.

Jul 1, 2000
I don't know why I even read these threads anymore.

All they do is make me want to go get tested again. Jerboy is right about the 6 month window. You can be plowing away and never know that your partner was infected - even though he or she tested negative. It takes 6 months for the antibodies that trigger a positive result in the HIV test to build up in your system.

Scary shiznit.

UofI

Banned
Sep 20, 2001
If you have a partner, then in my opinion its your responsibility to get tested.

Jul 1, 2000
If you two were virgins before getting together, you two have no history of using IV drugs and have no history of going to shady tatoo-parlors, you two should be fine.

Depends on if she really is a virgin - mine allegedly was too. Don't believe it though, especially after she got drunk and told me about her first time.

You also left out hanging around bath houses and adult video store viewing rooms. ;)

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

<< I gots a question...

>>

<< Shut up fscktard. Its a serious question and I wanted to know. I know it is only transmitted through blood contact. The first time the disease came someone it probably didn't come from sex, but someone somehow ingesting something, or cutting their arm on a stick or something. >>

Come on, Stefan. It was a stupid question and you know it. How can two people with no HIV present in their blood magically create HIV while having sex?

The VIRUS must be present in at least one of them. Therefore, even if they got it some other way, ONE of them has to have it to give it to the other person.

Now, maybe you worded your question wrong, but as quoted above, it seems you are asking if two HIV negative people with no HIV infection whatsoever can somehow magically create HIV by having sex with each other.

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<< I don't know why I even read these threads anymore.

All they do is make me want to go get tested again. Jerboy is right about the 6 month window. You can be plowing away and never know that your partner was infected - even though he or she tested negative. It takes 6 months for the antibodies that trigger a positive result in the HIV test to build up in your system.

Scary shiznit.
>>

There is something called viral load test or manual examination of blood under electron micrscope to see the virus.. We had a guest speak talk about this in our health class. This method doesn't have the six month window period.

Cost: $800-1000

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Know what I dont get - How do they know 1 in 4 people don't know that they have it? Take a random sample of the population, force them to take an HIV test, ask them if they have HIV, and then withhold results? I don't think that experiment would go over too well.

veryape

Platinum Member
Jun 13, 2000

<< Know what I dont get - How do they know 1 in 4 people don't have it? Take a random sample of the population, force them to take an HIV test, ask them if they have HIV, and then withhold results? I don't think that experiment would go over too well. >>

Nevermind, now i'm confusing myself!!!