#1 hit song today in North Korea is....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Sad, crazy statist culture at its worst extreme.

No one in that "crowd" is anything other than party member/cultist shitheads, there only by invitation of the lead shithead. No common citizen of NK is ever allowed anywhere near that place unless it's to sweep up, build, or maintain something.

People joke about the extra ration of rice for the performers, but it's probably not far off. That and NOT getting a one way ticket to a gulag, or a bullet to the back of the head over a shallow grave is probably considered pretty compensation for entertaining the cult puppets with glorious songs of Dear Leader's magnificence.

TXHokie

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 1999
Moranbong Band - Without A Break
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERLaZ488I6k

The song is about sending a nuke to USA and the world blows up.

Idiot - nuke the US and who's going to make anymore Korg Karma keyboards to play their crappy music with? If only people here would get that excited when NASA launches a rocket. That is just one messed up in the head country, but I guess people like to keep their head intact.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Idiot - nuke the US and who's going to make anymore Korg Karma keyboards to play their crappy music with?
Uhmmmm... the Japanese?

6a00d8341d417153ef0133ed0c249f970b-pi

Nice shot, dude.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I can't imagine what it's like to be starving to death and watching your fat ass "dear leader" parade around telling you how evil the outside world it. Makes me want to puke.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I can't imagine what it's like to be starving to death and watching your fat ass "dear leader" parade around telling you how evil the outside world it. Makes me want to puke.

The society is so well controlled that the majority believe they are in as good a condition as they find themselves because Dear Leader has protected them from total genocide by us. He's their hero.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The society is so well controlled that the majority believe they are in as good a condition as they find themselves because Dear Leader has protected them from total genocide by us. He's their hero.

I totally agree. I also think the Dear Leader is the envy of every single big business magnate in the USA that fervently dreams of the day when they complete the transformation of our Democratic Republic into a Unified Plutocratic/Oligrachic State. ;)

edit - The United States of Halliburton sounds pretty good to me.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I totally agree. I also think the Dear Leader is the envy of every single big business magnate in the USA that fervently dreams of the day when they complete the transformation of our Democratic Republic into a Unified Plutocratic/Oligrachic State. ;)

Yes, big businesses definitely hope they can transform the US into North Korea. Look how much more successful big businesses are there than here. :rolleyes:

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008

Sure thing, because NK is the result of runaway free market capitalism and nothing at all to do with Big Government that people like you worship. (Just the absolute extreme of it run totally amuck.)

LOL @ liberals. Weirdly ironic, as always.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Western propaganda, the song is about pride for Korea, and defending it self against aggressors.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Western propaganda, the song is about pride for Korea, and defending it self against aggressors.
Aggressors? At this point not even South Korea wants North Korea. It's surpassed even Afghanistan as the anus of the world, a nation where starving is a way of life, a nation where the majority of its people are far too ignorant to be welcomed into any other nation. If North Korea would give up kidnapping, threatening war, and firing missiles, no one would have the slightest interest in it except for pity.

And maybe in this chick group.