+1 for the NAACP....

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
Supporting a black man, born poor, that has done well.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/39200383...noring-historic-senate-victory/#sp=show-clips

Commentary? Typical.

"SCOTT: Well, I will tell you. It's no slight, to be honest with you.

Ultimately, I'm thankful for those who actually know who I am, who celebrate the success of me and my family, particularly my grandfather and my mother, who paid a high price to make sure that I had an opportunity to succeed.

This is a good day. Frankly, the fact that the NAACP does not weigh in, in a positive position has been my experience for the last four years of elected office. Nothing has changed. That's OK with me."

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/your-...-scott-naacp-ignoring-historic-senate-victory

So, if he doesn't care, why should anyone else?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
"SCOTT: Well, I will tell you. It's no slight, to be honest with you.

Ultimately, I'm thankful for those who actually know who I am, who celebrate the success of me and my family, particularly my grandfather and my mother, who paid a high price to make sure that I had an opportunity to succeed.

This is a good day. Frankly, the fact that the NAACP does not weigh in, in a positive position has been my experience for the last four years of elected office. Nothing has changed. That's OK with me."

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/your-...-scott-naacp-ignoring-historic-senate-victory

So, if he doesn't care, why should anyone else?
Because it's amusing.

"We're for the advancement of colored people - but only those colored people who do as we say. Those uppity ones can pound sand."

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Because it's amusing.

"We're for the advancement of colored people - but only those colored people who do as we say. Those uppity ones can pound sand."

Other than in their name, there mission doesn't seemed to be focused on getting colored people to higher positions in society.

OUR MISSION

The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.

Vision Statement
The vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.

Objectives
The following statement of objectives is found on the first page of the NAACP Constitution - the principal objectives of the Association shall be:

To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP's Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.

So the question then is: what has this guy done or has supported that is in tune with the above?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Other than in their name, there mission doesn't seemed to be focused on getting colored people to higher positions in society.

So the question then is: what has this guy done or has supported that is in tune with the above?
What has he done that is not in tune with all that?