1/13/08 Chargers vs. Colts

Page 24 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
Originally posted by: RapidSnail
Originally posted by: hdeck
wow, rivers is the epitome of classless. i can't even cheer for SD anymore.

What the hell is wrong with you? Since when do the actions of one player represent the actions of the team? There are jackasses on every team, don't play that dumb crap.

wrong with me? what the hell is wrong with you? you act like rivers is the only jackass on the team. those morons spent all pre-season talking trash, only to start out horrible and look like idiots. LT even bitched about his teammates talking too much. when there are more jackasses in the starting lineup than guys that show actual sportsmanship, it's not dumb crap. that is the case with SD. if you choose not to see it, you're the one playing dumb crap:roll:

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
Originally posted by: Jhill
What this booing a 15 year old girl thing people are talking about?

They were doing the Punt-Pass-Kick finals at the game and introduced all the finalists. Colts fans booed the girl from NH since she was wearing a Patriots jersey.

Personally, I don't think the fans were actually booing, since everyone knows all Colts FANS have nothing but class. I think the booing was just piped in...

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Originally posted by: herkulease
Originally posted by: Phokus

Hahaha, seriously, Rivers a complete douchebag. This is the same guy who got in a hissy fit over Ellis HObbes doing the 'lights out' dance last year when the Pats beat the CHargers. "Act like you've been here before!!! RAAAWR!"

What a fucking hypocrite.

I thought it was LT that whined? Or was he the one getting into someone's face.

I never liked Rivers. He only looked good last year because of LT running all over. This year is numbers are down.

Today he did good though. Dunno why he bothers to even get into it with the fans. I mean the stands to the bench is a good 10 feet or so. This isn't like the NBA where the fans are right behind you and you can hear everything.
1. Rivers is very good. Always has been. He was NOT only good because of LT this season.
BTW, LT led the league in rushing this season, but Rivers' numbers were down.....guess why? Yep, new coach, new offense. It happens to every QB whose coach gets changed. That's why Rivers got better and better as the year went on...they got more in tune with the new offense.

2. Fans taunted Rivers when he got hurt.....and he gave them a little back. Nothing wrong with that....many, many players do it, but for some reason the TV's just like to pick on Rivers for it. I can guarantee you that he doesn't care as long as they're winning.

3. Going to be tough for anyone to win at New England. Peyton is a proven loser in January at Foxboro....he had absolutely no shot to win up there, so might as well let the Chargers have a crack at the Pats.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Anyone else looking forward to the Pats sticking their feet up River's a**? That guy needs to drink a tall glass of STFU.......and I am sure the Pats will supply it for him......:|

Looking forward to a Pats/Packers Super Bowl though........

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000

I can guarantee you that Rivers is nothing BUT class. Many, many players run their mouths on the field. They also know how to turn it off when they leave the field.

Rivers is as nice a guy as you'd ever want to meet anywhere besides on the field. Great family man, great with fans, just an all-around great guy.

What you are seeing is the NFL and the media's attempt to create an ongoing story, so they try and show every little thing Rivers does. If he was an offensive lineman, nobody would care.

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Jmman
Anyone else looking forward to the Pats sticking their feet up River's a**? That guy needs to drink a tall glass of STFU.
Why? Because he just took his team that hasn't won a road playoff game since what...the 80's?....with a new coach that's never won anything either and had the team struggling with his new offense early in the season, and beat the defending champs not only in the regular season, but AT their place in the playoffs for the chance to play for the AFC title.

No, he has no right say anything. :roll:

Even if the Pats do beat the Chargers, Rivers will have nothing to be ashamed of. No shame in losing an away game to one of the greatest teams of all time.

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
Originally posted by: Pacfanweb
Anyone else looking forward to the Pats sticking their feet up River's a**? That guy needs to drink a tall glass of STFU.
Why? Because he just took his team that hasn't won a road playoff game since what...the 80's?....with a new coach that's never won anything either and had the team struggling with his new offense early in the season, and beat the defending champs not only in the regular season, but AT their place in the playoffs for the chance to play for the AFC title.

No, he has no right say anything. :roll:

Even when the Pats do beat the Chargers, Rivers will have nothing to be ashamed of. No shame in losing an away game to one of the greatest teams of all time.

/fixed

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
How many quarterbacks go out on the field to heckle opposing quarterbacks like he did with the Broncos and Jay Cutler? He seems pretty cocky even though he hasn't done squat in the league.......

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
How many quarterbacks go out on the field to heckle opposing quarterbacks like he did with the Broncos and Jay Cutler? He seems pretty cocky even though he hasn't done squat in the league.......
Compare his 2 seasons of stats with the first two seasons of some of the big name QB's out there.....he looks pretty good.

And hasn't done squat? Hello....14-2 last year, AFC title game this year.

Not too shabby in your first two seasons starting. You can like him or not, but there's no logical way to argue that he isn't a damn good QB.

And him talking to Cutler from Denver....Cutler was the one mouthing off first. Rivers OWNS the Broncos. Best success against them by any Chargers QB ever.
Funny how everyone who is hating on Rivers seems to have been pulling for the team he just beat.

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Compare his 2 seasons of stats with the first two seasons of some of the big name QB's out there.....he looks pretty good.

And hasn't done squat? Hello....14-2 last year, AFC title game this year.

Not too shabby in your first two seasons starting. You can like him or not, but there's no logical way to argue that he isn't a damn good QB.

And him talking to Cutler from Denver....Cutler was the one mouthing off first. Rivers OWNS the Broncos. Best success against them by any Chargers QB ever.
Funny how everyone who is hating on Rivers seems to have been pulling for the team he just beat.

He was ranked as the 18th quarterback out of 33 this year. The way he talks, you would think that Tom Brady wasn't fit to clean his shoes. And as far as the Chargers success, I give a lot more credit to LT and others on that team than I do Philip Rivers.....

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman

I can guarantee you that Rivers is nothing BUT class. Many, many players run their mouths on the field. They also know how to turn it off when they leave the field.

Rivers is as nice a guy as you'd ever want to meet anywhere besides on the field. Great family man, great with fans, just an all-around great guy.

What you are seeing is the NFL and the media's attempt to create an ongoing story, so they try and show every little thing Rivers does. If he was an offensive lineman, nobody would care.

How about his comments after the AFC Playoff game against the Pats last year? Yeah, lots of class there.

Sorry, he's an immature no class douche bag.
So is LT the same as Rivers? Everyone thinks he's "Mr Class", yet he was the one making comments to the media about the Belichick and the Pats needing to "act like they've been there" after that same game. I don't recall Rivers bitching to the media about it....he tuned a Pats player up. Oh, and BTW...those comments WERE on the field right after the game. Still considered the "heat of the moment".

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000

He was ranked as the 18th quarterback out of 33 this year. The way he talks, you would think that Tom Brady wasn't fit to clean his shoes. And as far as the Chargers success, I give a lot more credit to LT and others on that team than I do Philip Rivers.....
He was also with a new coach and new offensive system. How did he look the last part of the season? Stats don't tell the whole story.

LT the main reason? Yeah, right. Who has been THE offense for the Chargers the last part of the season and the playoffs? That's right, Rivers has. Does anyone REALLY think there are 17 QB's better than Rivers? If you do, you don't know much about football.

Put Brady or Manning on the Bolts this year with a new coach and new offensive system and they would have struggled at first, too. And I suspect both would have looked better as the year progressed....just like Rivers did.

Not to mention the Chargers have basically no running game. Yeah, LT led the league in rushing, but how hard is that to do? He didn't even average 100 yards a game.