1 1/4 lb. lobster meal including cole slaw and a roll for $17...

Mikey

Golden Member
Jun 16, 2006
duuuude! i'm so stoked! i'm already going to be in LA on sunday, so i think i might drop by. that's a great deal!

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Good deal, but am I the only one who likes crab a lot more than lobster?

Itchrelief

Golden Member
Dec 20, 2005
Admission brings the price up, though. Don't forget to print out the coupon so you only pay $6 instead of $8.

If you find the lobster tail is not slit, do not curse the gods and slit your knuckles trying to bust the critter open. Head back to the lobster pickup area and there should be a bin of little blue plastic poker/fork contraptions that will help open up the soft underbelly and release the tail, probably towards the end of the table. The workers do not always seem to put one of these on every tray of lobster.

Clarification, the bin is usually at the end of the table. The tail should not go flying off.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
i went some years ago with some chick, the lobster you get is rather small, we went to a restaurant afterwards to get another meal.

oh if you want lobster, you can go to ranch 99, they often run sales for $8/lb live or whatever.

$40 will buy you some 5 lb monster, which is still cheaper than two lobsters plus admission to the fair.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
I love Lobster, but LA is a little far to drive. Stupid New York.

Stupid NY?? You mean, stupid NYers (some of them) - How about getting in your car and driving over to Mass, or even drive up to Maine where you can pretty much get all-you-can-eat lobster for a decent price. :p :)

Eos

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2000
Lobster is pretty tasty, but I prefer jumbo shrimp. It's just me I guess.